Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Women protesting against sexual harassment were sexually harassed (Egypt)  (Read 3669 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
It may sound like a sick joke, but it's real. A group of women, protesting in Egypt against sexual harassment, were attacked by an angry mob and several of them were sexually harassed. Damn it, Egypt. Get a hold of yourself.

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=52720
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Kinda like how I once considered someone else raping a girl during a Take Back The Night march. For those that don't know what that is, it was a rally march set up where a bunch of women (and men... yeah, kinda defeats the purpose there, guys) march through city streets late at night in protest of attacks against women at night. ... Let's ignore the fact that a predator wouldn't go after a huge throng of prey, he'd go after the stragglers or ones who are off by themselves. Let's ignore the fact that the women aren't taking anything back, they're forced to walk around doing nothing because they have to stay within the throng of women that are just wandering around doing nothing. Let's ignore the fact that where I went to college, most of the rapes took place ON CAMPUS.

But yeah, Egyptians have proven throughout history that they're nutjobs. Hell, they even worship dog-headed aliens. Pfft.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Never change, Egypt. Wait, actually, please change. Please. And hopefully sooner rather than later.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
That's terrible, but sadly not surprising.

Take Back The Night march.
I've been to a couple of those. Seemed more like just an excuse to go for a night walk while people hung out and ate free food etc.
The best solution to the problem of rapes/muggings after dark is to have regular police patrols and readily available public transportation so no one, man or woman, has to be out walking the streets at night. But just having a big party so everyone feels better it a lot cheaper.

But yeah, Egyptians have proven throughout history that they're nutjobs. Hell, they even worship dog-headed aliens. Pfft.
I like Thoth personally, eh invents writing and doesn't afraid of anything.
But I guess there will always be those who prefer An00bis.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:56:16 PM by Ratty »

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
I like Thoth personally, eh invents writing and doesn't afraid of anything.
But I guess there will always be those who prefer An00bis.

It's cuz he's a dog. People love dogs.
And he represents the afterlife. People love that sort of thing. 

So it's a sort of double whammy.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The best solution to the problem of rapes/muggings after dark is to have regular police patrols and readily available public transportation so no one, man or woman, has to be out walking the streets at night. But just having a big party so everyone feels better it a lot cheaper.

They do this in Venice. It is one of the safest if not the safest city on earth. Their crime rate is virtually zero and I was surprised to hear this. If every city in the world did what Venice does I'm sure we'd all be a lot safer.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Isn't Venice one of the richest cities on Earth? 'Cause it really isn't that difficult to have a low crime rate in a city that has no poverty. Try big cities in Eastern Europe or South America.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
In all honesty though. I'd really like to have all these guys who participated in the raping to be chemically and physically castrated, then released back into society and see the looks on their faces as they try and coupe without ever being able to knock-up another woman ever again, all because they couldn't learn to be more responsible with their own labedos.

Rule of thumb: Abuse it, lose it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Lucius J. Belmont

• Bathrobe Werewolf
  • Hunter in Training
  • stronger, more resilient than a spider
    • im mike jones
    • Awards

Don't you mean in this case, 'rule of dick'? :p

Anyway fwiw I tend to agree. Sexual assault is under-reported and under-prosecuted for really shitty reasons. Actually punish these wastes of carbon, and maybe direct some awareness at men instead of what women should wear, we might see some change. As it is now rape is just this big game of russian roulette as to who gets screwed over. Will the woman be blamed or discredited, stoned for adultery or told she couldn't have been raped bc she was wearing skinny jeans (both of these /actually happen/) Or will the guy go to prison and learn the joys of butt friendship from his fellow rapists? Make the outcomes actually consistent and clear for crimes and there won't be this grey area of 'can I get away with it'. For everything, not just assault.
"Well of course I understand. You live forever because your pure, sinless service is utterly and indomitably unballasted by any weight or dross of mere human weakness. Ah, the advantages of clean living."

Tags:

anything