Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 981352 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #750 on: May 11, 2015, 04:33:29 PM »
i think it would be phat if instead of them handing/selling the franchise, konami would decide to create 1 last cv game & we the fans would be forced to decide which "does it better"

Konami would not do it. They are undergoing massive corporate restructuring and their gaming divisions are technically dead or dying.

10000+ backers
750000+ usd
WOW!

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #751 on: May 11, 2015, 04:33:43 PM »
Well, Iga's definitely shown himself to be having the last laugh now.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #752 on: May 11, 2015, 04:34:06 PM »
Perhaps the success of this Kickstarter may convince Konami there is still some leverage in 2DVania, but it's very hard to be optimistic about Konami these days.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #753 on: May 11, 2015, 04:35:30 PM »
i think it would be phat if instead of them handing/selling the franchise, konami would decide to create 1 last cv game & we the fans would be forced to decide which "does it better"

I would probably pick Draculiga out of spite.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #754 on: May 11, 2015, 04:36:05 PM »
All publishers IGA went to said that his idea "Bloodstained" is outdated and no one would support it.

IGA's definitely getting the last laugh.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #755 on: May 11, 2015, 04:37:21 PM »
10000+ backers
750000+ usd
WOW!

At this rate, it looks like it won't be long 'till we get Nightmare Mode and Hayter-sama's soothing growls...

Also I'm guessing WayForward were among those who said they wouldn't publish it because it would be stepping on Konami's toes, since they've done stuff for them before.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #756 on: May 11, 2015, 04:38:04 PM »
+1
Perhaps the success of this Kickstarter may convince Konami there is still some leverage in 2DVania, but it's very hard to be optimistic about Konami these days.

And who will they outsource it to? Their efforts of outsourcing, by and large, have been wasteful efforts. Platinum's effort with Rising is the exception, and we can reasonably argue it was Hideo Kojima who got that to happen.

I would rather the series die outright than them try to get X or Y company to "go back to its roots". How many fuckin' times has Silent Hill tried that? How many times have they - if EVER - gotten it right? Silent Hill as a franchise perfectly summarizes Konami: they burn their own talent and hope they can find someone outside of their domain to make a game like the ones they did, but it never ever happens.

Bloodstained is essentially the next Castlevania game, in exactly the same way that Demon's Souls is King's Field V: too much of the old blood is there for it to be really something seen as totally new and isolated, but mostly changed and evolved.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #757 on: May 11, 2015, 04:38:23 PM »
+1
I would probably pick Draculiga out of spite.

what if their last game was... 1999

and yuo guys had to choose. castlevania 1999 or bloodstained???

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #758 on: May 11, 2015, 04:38:51 PM »

Well the same thing could have been applied to Capcom and Mighty No. 9, that kickstarter showed that a HUGE amount of fans still was interested in the Mega Man market, and yet Capcom hasn't even bothered to jump back into that market even though its obviously still has a audience.

Companies like Capcom and Konami don't think rationally in my opinion, they would rather let their series fade into obscurity rather than admit they where wrong and pounce at a chance to win their fanbase over again.

Besides Konami is definitely the worse out of the 2 at the moment if you ask me, so I doubt they would do the smart thing and try to release a Castlevania game on the heels of this.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #759 on: May 11, 2015, 04:39:08 PM »
Well, it looks like the top total is going to be reached before the show is finished.

Sadly, based on the reports coming out, as much as I wish it weren't true, I can't foresee more official Castlevania now.... if they do bring more out, it won't be for a good long while.  They really should just hand it over to Iga ad conceed defeat.  The speed at which this KS has been funded shows a heck of a lot.

Edit:  Lol, just a thought..... what if Konami ended up outsourcing an official Castlevania game to Iga, before deciding to let him keep the series? XD
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:40:42 PM by TatteredSeraph »
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #760 on: May 11, 2015, 04:41:08 PM »
They just have to add more stretch goals!

I'm still going with IGA than anything Konami offers now, since I know their video game division is in trouble.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #761 on: May 11, 2015, 04:41:42 PM »
Gunlord's Bloodstained Blog, meow~

But yeah, even if we don't see another Castlevania game, as long as Bloodstained has the castlevania spirit, I'll be happy. =D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #762 on: May 11, 2015, 04:43:25 PM »
+1
Wow, Yamane and Yamada's attitudes about the music is great.  The fact that Yamane apparently said it was her condition for egtting on board behind this is very epic.

The fact she basically is encouraging remixing & live performance covers and uploading them to our heart's content....that right there is why she's my favorite.

And it shows how much freedom she'll be taking advantage of now that she's under a corporate heel and in terms of decrees from Igarashi, he only said "make it catchy". (which I loooooooooooove)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #763 on: May 11, 2015, 04:44:07 PM »
Companies like Capcom and Konami don't think rationally in my opinion, they would rather let their series fade into obscurity rather than admit they where wrong and pounce at a chance to win their fanbase over again.

thats cuz theres ltierally no middle grownd anymore. if its not a triple AAA high budget success than these companies cant survive. spending all these times & resources into these Hollywood-budget titles that, while profitable, dont reach call of Duty numbers which most of these companies want.

witch is why the gaming industry is on the verge of a crash. capcom is just a shadow of their former self these days. it seems only nintendo will last, despite their Wii-U being a bomb (sorry wii-u supporters but its true)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 04:45:43 PM by crisis »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #764 on: May 11, 2015, 04:49:21 PM »
thats cuz theres ltierally no middle grownd anymore. if its not a triple AAA high budget success than these companies cant survive. spending all these times & resources into these Hollywood-budget titles that, while profitable, dont reach call of Duty numbers which most of these companies want.

witch is why the gaming industry is on the verge of a crash. capcom is just a shadow of their former self these days

COD numbers is a unrealistic goal these companies have set for themselves these days, Call of Duty is obviously a different type of phenomenon these days and it simply can not be replicated no matter how much you put into your game, your not going to get those kinds of numbers and game developers should be happy when they make what they spent on the game and then a extra millions's worth of profit, instead they are stuck in the wrong mindstate that if we are not getting close to those Call of Duty numbers than we automatically failed which is BS.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags: