0 (0%)
AoS
3 (18.8%)
CoD
1 (6.3%)
PoR
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: LEGION  (Read 6142 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« on: May 26, 2013, 07:37:47 AM »
favorite Legion battle GO

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 07:50:28 AM »
I thought Legion Corpse was pretty creative.

I think the most-interesting core goes to Aria of Sorrow's rendition, though.
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 10:15:13 AM »
SotN's Granfaloon. Although I'm not sure why you've got the PoR one in there since it's exactly the same as it's SotN counterpart. Same goes for CoD except for it's humanoid second form which was a different take for it.

The creature from CotM I never ever thought was Legion. Just some floating abomination in Carmilla's castle. I'll have to play the game again in order to recheck it.

The two Legions from HoD are interesting though not my favorite. You have the six-winged Legion in the first castle then you have it's opposite; Legion corps in the mirrored castle. One being a deathly reflection of the other. and unlike the Legion, the Legion corps opens up when you hit it to reveal an imprisoned skeleton. But the way it opens up looks almost like a bleeding vagina.

Legion from AoS was another interesting take. Looking carefully you can see a creature's face withing the mass of bodies as well as two hands. The creature looks like it's in a fetal position. And once you open it up you can see the fetus as the core.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 10:48:07 AM »
Had to go with Curse of Darkness.

I was so happy to see Legion appear in 3.D and the battle after you beat the Legion was just icing on the cake.

Not to mention the great soundtrack.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 10:48:26 AM »
+2
I liked how the Legion was used in Harmony of Dissonance the most. The contrast between the Legion Saint and the Legion Corpse was cool, and they are fought differently. I have to give it to the Legion Corpse. The Legion boss has always been really creepy, looking like a giant floating orgy of soulless bodies, buy the Legion Corpse takes that and makes it creepier. Legion Corpse is just a sick, decaying version of Legion, which you "excite" by hitting it near the center, then as the zombie-vagina-like part opens, you find that it is being manipulated by a skeleton in the center. It's creepy, disgusting, and awesome for Castlevania!

Legion from AoS was another interesting take. Looking carefully you can see a creature's face withing the mass of bodies as well as two hands. The creature looks like it's in a fetal position. And once you open it up you can see the fetus as the core.

I never noticed that before! Cool!
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 10:56:48 AM »
+1
Looking carefully you can see a creature's face withing the mass of bodies as well as two hands.
Welp, now I can't unsee it.
Then again, this being Castlevania, creepy is good.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: LEGION
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 06:00:18 PM »
I like the one from SotN the best. It seemed to be the largest and in my opinion the creepiest. I mean whenever a large number of bodies fell at once, you would here screams of horror. The first time I fought it, I had nightmares and I just kept hearing the screaming. Keep in mind that I was 15 at the time. Why did Konami take away the screams? Did they scare me? Yes, but isn't that the point?

Another thing I liked about the SotN Legion was the boss chamber. The floor is all skulls and the background makes the chamber look gigantic. It was awesome. None of the other Legion rooms have topped it.

The first is truly the best.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 08:40:43 PM »
+1
Aria had the BEST lead up to the fight. No music, just moaning, with corpses walking out of the catacomb nooks and crannies and towards it's center.

It's room was kinda trippy too.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 12:12:07 AM »
I liked the Aria version.

Anyway, I'm wondering how the Ricordanza legion would look like if it were part of a game.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 11:35:22 AM »
I liked the first one best.  It was new and you had no clue exactly what you were dealing with.  Plus adding skulls and wings and all that in the later designs just made it look too busy and too "designed".  The first version, it was just a mass of corpses stuck around some insidious thing..
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:26:58 PM by chainsawmidget »

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 06:07:48 AM »
SotN. i remember walking in that room the first time and seeing all the skulls on the ground. His room design was perfect in that game imo... CotM Legions lol....
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 01:38:12 AM »
I liked the ones in HoD the best, but there are elements of all of them that I like. Like Flame said, the lead up to the Legion battle in AoS was pretty killer. It was so creepy that the first time I got to that part I got a little freaked out wondering what the hell I was heading towards. SoTN's Legion battle  was awesome too with the screaming and you systematically dismantling Legion to reveal the core. It's a great boss, I can't think of a single Legion battle that I was utterly disappointed with.

Tags: