Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vampire blaze Ver2.C  (Read 20534 times)

Offline golpebaixo

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 05:18:00 PM »
There's a comercial version of this game that adds a new under path, with new stages and bosses, if you guys want to try it, just check this link and download the vampireblaze_a.zip file.

https://mega.nz/#F!XpQwBTqS!n8bFU3tkU-CYvctD_YoK9Q?ig4TEa4J
Gives the same error as the other one though.

Offline golpebaixo

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2019, 05:16:26 AM »
OK, I was bored and "fixed" it. Now it runs fine on any [modern] Windows version.
It's still broken though. We can even use the executable from Vampire Blaze 3, which is a more recent version of the same crappy engine but the game still doesn't function as expected.

Download it here: Vampire Blaze ver. A

EDIT: The vanilla game runs like garbage probably because Windows 8 and 10 can't handle DirectX 7 properly.

So I found Wine3D. I included the dlls from version 3.1, which is the latest build that works fine with the game.
It actually makes the game run at full speed and without visual glitches. It lags at some parts for whatever reason but most of the time it runs very smoothly.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 11:45:15 AM by golpebaixo »

Offline golpebaixo

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2019, 06:04:45 AM »
it's funny how it has a useless stairs glitch, kinda like the old castlevanias

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2019, 09:33:02 AM »
Which CV game had useless stairs? Was it CVII where there was a section of the map that lead to a dead end?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline golpebaixo

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2019, 03:39:34 PM »
The glitch is useless, not the stairs

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2019, 04:00:11 PM »
OK, I was bored and "fixed" it. Now it runs fine on any [modern] Windows version.
It's still broken though. We can even use the executable from Vampire Blaze 3, which is a more recent version of the same crappy engine but the game still doesn't function as expected.

Download it here: Vampire Blaze ver. A

EDIT: The vanilla game runs like garbage probably because Windows 8 and 10 can't handle DirectX 7 properly.

So I found Wine3D. I included the dlls from version 3.1, which is the latest build that works fine with the game.
It actually makes the game run at full speed and without visual glitches. It lags at some parts for whatever reason but most of the time it runs very smoothly.

Weird, with me your fixed version don't works, it doesn't shows nothing in fullscreen mode. but the normal one runs perfectly. I'm using windows 10, so maybe there's some conflict or something is missing in your OS

Offline golpebaixo

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2019, 07:10:39 PM »

Weird, with me your fixed version don't works, it doesn't shows nothing in fullscreen mode. but the normal one runs perfectly. I'm using windows 10, so maybe there's some conflict or something is missing in your OS
I have an Nvidia graphics card, maybe it's that. The game normally runs at 30FPS or less for no apparent reason.

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2019, 02:07:14 PM »
I'm glad you released a patch for this, I've always wanted to play it, thanks a bunch.  It runs around 40 FPS for me but controls and feels smooth.

Offline golpebaixo

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2019, 01:29:17 AM »
I'm glad you released a patch for this, I've always wanted to play it, thanks a bunch.  It runs around 40 FPS for me but controls and feels smooth.
Try deleting the dlls from the game's folder to see if it runs better.

Tags:

anything