Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Judgement (Official Thread)  (Read 482234 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania Judgement (Official Thread)
« Reply #1740 on: February 10, 2009, 11:27:21 AM »
Forgetting that horrible thing upside.
What about the official soundtrack? God, It's more difficult to get than the very game in the internet!

Everything comes full circle

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #1741 on: February 10, 2009, 08:10:26 PM »
I'm wondering about the soundtrack as well. Any kind of exclusive music found there?

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1742 on: March 04, 2009, 10:27:29 PM »
In Reply To #1733

Well, according to Wikipedia, the game flopped badly in Japan.

Watched all the characters' playthroughs in Da Tube. All I can say is..dude, wtf?

How can they mess this up this badly? How is it possible they took so many favorite characters and ruined them so completely? Where was IGA when this guy decided it was a good idea to completely ignore any kind of previous versions of the characters and their history? This series started up as a gritty action game where a guy who looked like a man kicked ass. This game has a little girl envying boobs and a pirate-looking Trevor who confesses to fantasizing about beating the shit out his great love.

And is it just the videos or are the fighters horribly unbalanced?

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
« Reply #1743 on: March 05, 2009, 08:08:00 AM »
In Reply To #1746

Most of the new character designs arn't that bad. Cornell's and Dracula's specifically look pretty awesome. I don't know where this whole pirate Trevor thing came from- other than the eyepatch, he looks nothing like a pirate, and people who arn't pirates wear eyepatches too when they lose an eye. The only character designs that truly bugged me were Maria's, Grant's, and Shanoa's, and I only dislike Maria because it's not older Maria. Grant looks like Voldo if Voldo wasn't so gay, and Shanoa looks like a nun, and that just comes across as odd.

As for the storylines, I don't know what you expect from a fighter game. I'm surprised some of them were as well thought out as they were (Death's, namely). As for Trevor's storyline, I think you're taking what he says to Sypha in their fight too literally. It's not THAT kind of fight that Trevor's talking about winning in the household. As for Maria's story, I think that was some kind of inside joke at Konami.

As for the balancing, the only character who's truly out of whack is Dracula. Everyone else is pretty well balanced, all things considering.

_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1744 on: March 13, 2009, 10:29:26 AM »
In Reply To #1747

Death and Dracula are the ones that don't suck balls completely. Dracula is fairly honest to his previous incarnations (except that yellow neck thing that looks like some giant bug attached to him). However, Death sounds awesome. This is THE voice actor for him, IMO. The guy that again does Dracula is fairly good, though I consider his CoD voice the best so far.

Death should have had his trademark cloak. I liked his corpse-like look, but somehow he reminded me of a Metallica poster. But again, he looked decent when considering the rest.

You are right. I should've actually called Trevor "a retarded pirate". As in to exaggerate his out-of-place appearance. He may have come out as cold and arrogant in CoD, but in this game he's downright assholeyish. I mean, here we have little Eric Lecarde asking the man about his whip and he tells him to watch his tone. How the hell did he ever manage to raise a kid? :D

Even if he didn't want to beat up Sypha per se, he sure was eager to fight her. As I understand it, Trevor was insinuating he was pussywhipped during their marriage. Maybe that explains why he doesn't even mention her in CoD by name and gets stabbed and kissed by a leather-loving tattooeed ladyboy later..

And what was this whole pissing contest Simon had with Trevor? Leon would roll over in his grave if he saw his descendants fighting each other for the sake of proving which one's stronger. The only things missing from their climactic confrontation were team jackets and and blond girlfriends named Tiffany and Jenny egging them on while getting their panties wet.

I didn't expect anything golden from the storylines. But they could've put more effort in to the dialogues. The worst mistakes were ignoring obvious dramatic confrontations (like Dracula vs Alucard. I know Alucard's story had the logical dialogue, but why the hell did they include Al in Dracula's scenario's list when they made them start the fight with generic bullshit taunts?). Death, Golem and Dracula (ignoring the Al duel) had the best stories. Hell, Golem's was genuinely even kind of sad and it was good to see the ultimate bad guy DD duo kick ass while delivering memorable lines.

But here's the punchline: this game had many fan favorites. Yet the chracter most devoid of profile or history - a proxy enemy/boss (Golem) - manages to jerk tears. It's like they made a sad short film about the life of Hoppy the Fleaman whose life ends tragically by the cruel touch of Vampire Killer, sword or subweapon.

About Maria: if Konami's new idea of humor is dancing around what Japanese bachelors jack off to, I wish they went back to rubber duckies and ghosts using toilets :P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:49:00 PM by A-Yty »

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1745 on: March 15, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »
In Reply To #1741
...That just hurts my eyes. My god...there should be a law...

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1746 on: March 15, 2009, 07:33:26 PM »
In Reply To #1748

I think you need to understand Japanese humor, and that they seem to have a thing for the breasts (don't know why).  Just play any "Tales of..." RPG and there'll inevitably be a bath scene and talk of sizes.

And in the Castle Mode, there is a cutscene between Alucard and Dracula that's more in-depth than the one for Story Mode.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1747 on: March 16, 2009, 06:17:25 AM »
In Reply To #1750

I've played the Tales games, mate. Colette's an Ironing Board. :D

As for Maria's boob jokes, it may have something to do with her massive loli boobs in Rondo...

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1748 on: March 16, 2009, 08:04:23 AM »
In Reply To #1750

Yes, I know that in Japan this stuff is the equivalent of knock knock jokes, but..

Bah. They've managed to not put that shit in CV so far. Why start now? Sure, it could've been worse, but it felt so out of place considering the series' (and Maria's) history.

Offline E. Alexer Belmont

• Legendary Gold Saint
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1749 on: March 18, 2009, 01:17:54 AM »
The game is out now here in Europe for 30

Offline superDioplus

• Unknown
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Shinshoku no Roen
    • Awards
« Reply #1750 on: March 19, 2009, 05:28:58 AM »
Hey does anyone know that the OST of game has been released? If yes has anyone got it?
Condemned Red Spirit

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #1751 on: March 21, 2009, 10:01:34 AM »
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:21:08 PM by Rodriguezjr »

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1752 on: March 21, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »
In Reply To #1755

...Where is it? I don't see any interview...

Offline Rodriguezjr

• Local Vampire Hunter
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Rodriguezjr's Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #1753 on: March 22, 2009, 08:21:49 PM »
In Reply To #1756

Edited, thought I posted the link.

Tags: