Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I knew it! Castlevania: Lords of Shadow!(SPOILERS HERE, PLZ USE THE SPOILER TAG)  (Read 2923363 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
some times you  have to be a kid to underestand some things better!!!
What does that even mean
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I don't even bother to read Sumac's posts anymore.. probably because every time he talks, dumb shit comes out his mouth, but in this case, every time he types, dumb shit appears on our screens. I even think I seen the same exact if not extremely similar posts at the Chapel a while back when he got butthurt that people there were criticizing LoS. Of course they owned him there, too.

Typical Sumac response, "you give up because you can't disprove my point dur hurr." Good thing Jorge implemented the "ignore" glyph  :D

Why doesn't anybody wanna talk about the LoS sequel?  :(

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Because it's so fun to discuss topics that have been beated to death so badly that it has turned to microsopic dust.

Anyway im always here to talk about the LOS sequel theories.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
huh, I didn't see your theory Kingshangy

I haven't considered the "Assassin's Creed" route (never really got into the series but I did play the first, so I kinda know what it's about). Random flashbacks could work, but for some reason I feel it'll involve that weird time-machine in Reverie which I still don't fully understand. The Order of the Dragon would be an excellent reference, if they decide to do something like that I wonder if we'll see Hector or Isaac, "reimagined" of course.

Speaking of which, why didn't Dracula vampirize Hector & Isaac? Vampire Devil Forgemasters would be more intimidating than Human Devil Forgemasters

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
As i stated above, he's not a Japanese student and we also had an explanation on how he inherit his abilities.
In Japanese version of the game he is a japanese student. Japanese version usually overwrights whatever Western translators put in the game. So as of now Soma is a japanese student.
And he is a reincarnation of the Dracula - that's why he had his abilities. ???

Before Symphony, we didn't have an actual story. He might didn't make the greatest stories, but at least he tried. Believe it or not, if it wasn't for him, making these efforts, LoS wouldn't exist today!!!
Wait, what?
What about CV3 and Rondo? They maybe were simplistic (given system limitations), but the story was there. Especially it goes for Rondo that even had voiced dialogues.

He did that in a level, with OoE.
I'm agree - OOE was one of the best games in the series. However it was a little too late for it. If it was released say instead of DOS...then maybe "metroidvania" formula didn't end in mess it is now.

I don't even bother to read Sumac's posts anymore.. probably because every time he talks, dumb shit comes out his mouth, but in this case, every time he types, dumb shit appears on our screens.
You know Crisis, being rude is not a good contribution to anything. We were just talking, without rudeness, insults and other inappropriate stuuf. Than almighty and credible Crisis come in and began spouting insults, because he didn't like what we've been talking about here.
What is it - jealous that no one bothered to ask you give your thoughts on the matter?
Anyway with this post you signifed that you are little immature shit overflown with ego.
Want to say something on the matter do it. If you don't - then don't go into insults - it will no make you look smarter and more respectfull.

I even think I seen the same exact if not extremely similar posts at the Chapel a while back when he got butthurt that people there were criticizing LoS. Of course they owned him there, too.
My memory serves me quite well, and I can say that no one "owned me" there. We had dialogue, that was quite civil.
Besides being stupid and immature you are now a liar? What next - arsonism? Puppy kicking? Lollypop stealing? Something even more petty?

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Names, names, names.......LoS is Castlevania at name and it will stay that way, in my opinion. I think that if it was named as a spin off of lord of the rings series would fit more, since inside the game only the names of some characters are recognisable from the Castlevania saga. If those characters have been named different names, i don't think that i would have though it as a castlevania game.

Castlevania bestiary is based on mythological creatures and not fantasy creatures, ripped straight from J. R. R. Tolkien universe!!! Aria is accepted as the best Castlevania, after Symphony world wide. Yes it has fantasy elements, but they are few. It has more classic elements than fantasy, so it doesn't take off away from the old series, when LoS does the opposite!!!

Have you seen the new reboot of Tomb Raider? If no, go see it, to see how is a properly reboot!!!

On the Contrary, Most of the Castlevania Armory is Already Ripped Straight from J.R.R. Tolkien's Books, why not some creatures?
Cave Troll Originally Came From there too...

you can't bash LoS for ripping off J.R.R. if SoTN is Just as Bad.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Don't forget Wargs.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Speaking of which, why didn't Dracula vampirize Hector & Isaac? Vampire Devil Forgemasters would be more intimidating than Human Devil Forgemasters

He didn't vampirize Lisa either.

I don't think he considers being a vampire a state anyone should pursue. He intentionally cursed himself by becoming one.

There is also the possibility that vampires sired by him would have weaknesses like vulnerability to sunlight. That would kind of cripple two of his lieutenants.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
He didn't vampirize Lisa either.

I don't think he considers being a vampire a state anyone should pursue. He intentionally cursed himself by becoming one.

There is also the possibility that vampires sired by him would have weaknesses like vulnerability to sunlight. That would kind of cripple two of his lieutenants.

Maybe he did but it fell under the vampire loophole of Killing the person who turned you into a vampire reverts you back...

It's stupid... but hey, it's IGA, He'll write anything and wouldn't care for continuity nor it making any sense either.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
IGA didn't write SotN's story alone and if memory serves correct, the manual states he did not vampirize Lisa.

Besides, Lisa died before Drac died (for the first time).

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Funny, last time I checked IGA thought LoS was a good game. It's kinda funny how people tend not to think out of the box of things especially this being a reboot and all but as I had said time and time again, Kojima is known for surprises. What -if- this reboot was just a marketing tactic to piss everyone off just to buy the game? I mean, he's done things like that before. Because if you look at the fact - LoS sold well (according to them at least ) and has gotten great to mixed reviews. Me personally, I don't trust reviews a reason to this is that I base a game how it is by my own personal views than anything. Kinda like when I was 14 and had bought Zone of the Enders for the actual game and not the MGS2 demo and had actually fallen in love with the game itself, lo' n behold I bought the 2nd runner when it came out and have the DVD box set of the anime series, GBA title and of course the movie prior before the events of the Antilia raid.

But that's just going off topic slightly.

For people who keep throwing in the Lord of the Rings commentary 24/7 about LoS. I mean, for seriously? I don't see how one thing in that game screams "LoTR". I don't see a ring, I don't see tree's walking, I don't see a volcano at the end of the game itself.  Here's a pro tip... the fairy sub weapon is a shout out to Devil Forge Mastery and Alucard's familiar system from SoTN.  Now think about it, what is Devil Forage Mastery? It allows them to forge demons and control them to their will. Hm, sound's like a lesser taught form of the "Power of Dominance." to me. So I'm assuming the Fairy  and the demon of the Dark Crystal are  the first "creatures" that Gabriel learned how to control.  Now let us take a look at the Goblins, Trolls and the Ogre... If you took the time to actually, read the monster's background lore (you know, the thing that people do when they open up books :O) they are within the game's lore, races that are in fact dying off and will no longer be around (i.e they will not return in the sequels) The game takes place when ancient races begin to die off and are forgotten.

Now, reading the lore correctly and mapping everything out the city of Agharta (if you read the lore of the Ice Titan) is in Europe. If you closely look at everything directly in lore the Castle is deep within the Carpathian Mountains (the Mountain Fortress.)  so yes, it does take place in Romania it just doesn't state it as it is kinda obvious (He flew way the ef' across Europe in to the mountains via Pan.) We had such a long brooding first few chapters of non-sense to reach the actual demon castle itself (Old school players out there scream for me!) Fact - The castle would "break" Him. If you understand the old lore correctly, the castle "Beckons" you, thus it calls upon its true master.  You don't just LOL show up at the castle for no reason. Zobek and Pan where leading him there for a reason.  Look what happened in the end.

Now, what I am more curious about is a few things...

I think the best direction are 7  games.

3 to explain the three founders because -

1. They too had to encounter Satan in which is how they most likely acquired the Godmask and split it off.

2. The Necromantic Wars - I'm curious to this because if you read the last scroll before fighting the Forgotten One I am assuming he is saying the "Beast of Agharta" when it cuts off from the lore text. So this makes me kinda curious, because I have a hunch that Zobek didn't "Cast" a spell on himself to ascend but rather went in to hell itself and was possessed by Satan and was given the Devil's Mask to carry out his will, thus it is probably how the two other founders "ascended" due to being damned because we all saw what Zobek did to Gabriel, so perhaps he used it against the founders to "control" them when they where human, thus they ripped away their "weak" Human sides.

So what I am saying is a 4 part story leading up to the Necromantic Wars. Think about it... What exactly happened to Cornell in Agharta? How did he become the first Lycanthrope? If you look closely in the battle between him and Gabriel there are wolf totems (Shamanistic magic) around him. How did Carmillia throw her beautiful and loving life away? How did they (the three founders) overthrow the Bernhards and what happened to Frankenstein? How did the Forgotten One get released the first time after the battle with Satan? If you read the lore correctly. What exactly happened to Gandoffi's daughter (it's kinda obvious who it is.) And the odd part is Carmillia is known as "Mother", look what happened to Gabriel, look -what- was born from her blood.

And one to explain the Necromantic Wars and the sealing of the Forgotten one.

Now three for the main protagonist because... welll...

Gabriel already acquired the Dark Gauntlet which held a necromantic seal. So explain to me how Zobek fought hordes of "monsters" and became stronger. That honestly sounds like the power of dominance and by giving Gabriel the gauntlet, take notice to how he absorbs some things with it and take a look how he is able to be controlled. He then got the boots from Cornell (oddly enough if you take the time in the game but you rarely see it.) He is bitten by a Lesser Lycanthrope at the start of the game, why wasn't he effected by this?  Well, he acquired the boots, and then he of course he slain the Queen ("Mother") of all Vampires and then at the end absorbs the power of the Forgotten One with the gauntlet (hence what Pan said: There will be a time when you will be in great need of it.") and thus the Prince of Darkness is born. I don't see Lords of the Rings here guys ;o

Anyways... I am guessing the game will be about how he takes control of the demon that fused itself with the castle itself. So I am assuming what will happen is that every time Dracula is resurrected in this plotline, Zobek will cast the same spell over the earth to prevent the souls from departing and Dracula will have his own form of curse as well against the land and people. Something happens, something will piss him off. We aren't going to be playing another Kratos clone here, we are about to see a very pissed off Dracula; the Prince of Darkness (who just wants his wife back) who will overthrow/kill Satan and will start a War with God, but something else just pisses him off to start slaughtering millions of people.

I'm sorry but I see more darker and brutal things to come for this new plot in the series. I think Lords of Shadow was just the rainbow unicorn with fluffy feet on the cake before the storm of darkness hits us in the face and at the end we are all gonna be like this...

:O~~~~

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
In a remake of Dracula's Curse, there should be a Isaac/Hector duo boss battle. Or maybe that wouldn't fit with the storyline in Curse of Darkness? Can't remember.

Not that this has anything to do with anything.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
In a remake of Dracula's Curse, there should be a Isaac/Hector duo boss battle. Or maybe that wouldn't fit with the storyline in Curse of Darkness? Can't remember.

It would work if neither died.

And I would love to hear the crazy scream of Isaac again. Perhaps he wasn't even quite as gay in his younger years.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
It would work if neither died.

And I would love to hear the crazy scream of Isaac again. Perhaps he wasn't even quite as gay in his younger years.

Yeah, I was thinking a battle which ended something like "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!! But OMG this is not the end! WE WILL HAVE OUR REVENGE ROFL!" (except not like that at all) and then they both take off not to be seen until CoD. Also, the devil forgemaster duo would preferably be fought near the end of the game, cause if I'm not mistaken they were kind of a big deal back in the day.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 07:31:02 AM by shelverton. »

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I thought it was confirmed that Trevor never encountered the two Forgemasters because Hector was escaping while Isaac was in pursuit. So when Dracula died, Isaac was already far away from where Trevor would be.

lol iga

Tags:

anything