Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Simon Belmont's Vampire Hunting Podcast, Episode 6 added!  (Read 16736 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Simon Belmont's Vampire Hunting Podcast, Episode 3 added!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »
+1
This remembers me this

Everything comes full circle

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 02:29:43 PM »
holy fuck it does!

Offline MantapusProductions

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 03:28:20 PM »
This remembers me this

I would most certainly be lieing if i said Space Ghost:C2C was not at least a small influence.  Infact i believe theres even a clip of him in the slide show on the first episode.  I'm a big fan of the old adult swim line up.

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 09:40:48 PM »
work on episode 4 starts this week.  hope to get it written recorded and live soon.

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 06:53:01 PM »
*sits eating a devil dog with hot mustard and sipping vodka* This some good sheeit. Even Buffy was handled with just the right amount of camp and debasement. Here's hoping other vamp hunters make the cut to special guest status, like Corey Feldmen from Lost Boys (we all know he's available) and maybe one of the last surviving members of The Monster Squad (no, I don't know if any original cast members really died, but it *would* make for an amusing premise). Hell, I'd chortle if Vampire Hunter D came on with an interpreter and got booted out for just being too damn morose and bland for the show.

Keep up the good work, boys. Trust me, you're slayin' em out there.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 01:36:10 PM »
hey thanks..always appreciate hearing that people are digging this.
we do have a line up of hunter guests in mind as occasional visitors.  just a matter of working in when to use them, and to make sure we can come up with something funny for them.   the buffy episode was sort of interesting because neither myself or cerrome (blade) had any inkling about buffy.   we just sort of invented a character and hoped it worked...ironically the girl who played buffy is a huuuuge fan, but she didnt get involved in the writing process.  so we ended up with a sociopath who hates her fans.

also, i mentioned the facebook page before but didnt link it...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Simon-Belmonts-Vampire-Hunting-Podcast-With-Co-Host-Blade-The-Day-Walker/267095731778?ref=ts

so if anyone out there wants to become a fan there, i link all the episodes to it and drop on occasional behind the scenes videos of us recording and stuff like that.
anyway, need to get back to work on #4... thanks for the support

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2010, 08:21:18 AM »
"Episode 4: Technical Difficulty" was recorded and all the audio tracks are set...just need to finish the slideshow and then upload and itll be live.  hopefully ill have it up in a day or two.

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Simon Belmont's Vampire Hunting Podcast, Episode 4 added!
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 08:48:28 AM »
Ok...episode 4 is live.  decided to just stay up all night and get it knocked out.
Hope everyone likes it.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »
oh man I thought we were gonna go a whole episode there without the mention of 4way tire wires!! Thats seriously one of the best things Ive ever heard

Offline Jayfeather

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 04:40:05 PM »
oh man I thought we were gonna go a whole episode there without the mention of 4way tire wires!!

My bad, but I had to ask...

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 08:44:54 AM »
ask and ye shall recieve.

now i just need to either get better at photoshop or find an artist to make me a "Dick Kickers, Too: Still Kicking Vampire Dick" movie poster.   Google image search only takes me so far on making the slideshows.
If I had a better knack for drawing I'd make some simon and blade specific artwork for the show.  

anyway, next week writing will begin for episode 5.  so get in any emails.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 09:01:37 AM by MantapusProductions »

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »
podcast update:
We are writing Episode 5: Product Placement (working title) This week.  However it might be another week or so before i get a chance to get it recorded and processed to live.

Mantapus Prodcutions (my production company) has been soliciting various gaming conventions about me being booked on a gamer themed stand up comedy set I've been polishing, and been soliciting a live stage version of the podcast: "Simon Belmont's Vampire Hunting Seminar" to be shown.
Anyway, the next few weeks I'm going to be working on several various video game themed comedy videos to make as a sampler porfolio, so the podcast will be slowed down during february...but itll still be happening regularly.

and if anyone is interested in seeing the other videos ill be working on, ill be happy to share them here as well, though they arent nesicarily castlevania related...so i wouldnt want to drag too much off topic stuff onto the forums. 

anyway...im rambling, the original point is the next episode will be coming, but a little slower than id like to have it out.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 04:45:24 PM »
This is pretty funny stuff. :D
I'm back-to-back watching all four episodes :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 07:57:38 PM »
"Simon! You are the godfather of my daughter. Look at my balls."

Now that is the quote of the show as far as I'm concerned! ;D And the apology to Scott Bakula was priceless. A live routine with Simon and Blade on stage would totally win a prize at the Wondercon masquerade, hands down. - Though I hate to say it... The routine might have to include Ed.

Two thumbs up, slayuh's!

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 10:22:46 AM »
"Simon! You are the godfather of my daughter. Look at my balls."

Now that is the quote of the show as far as I'm concerned! ;D And the apology to Scott Bakula was priceless. A live routine with Simon and Blade on stage would totally win a prize at the Wondercon masquerade, hands down. - Though I hate to say it... The routine might have to include Ed.

Two thumbs up, slayuh's!

yes, we had a feeling that line was going to be gold when we wrote it, we were at a dining room table trying to reign ourselves in for about 3 solid mintues afterwords.
Im toying with a few differnt concepts for a live version, theres a few hurdles I've to to resolve...like making the fair use clause in copyright law stretch far enough to allow me to use the names of the characters without konomi or disney sending a cease & decest order, and then the actual booking hurdles for conventions, which im chipping away with.   

Ed will certainly be in the live version, its just a matter of dealing with teh fact that he is played by the same actor who plays blade, but that wont stop Ed the Fabulous.  personally i think ed is one of the most under rated aspects of the series.  Theres also a good chance I'll be double voicing another reoccuring supporting character soon, but more on that later.

anyway, thanks for the support...and check your email!

Tags: