Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)  (Read 691591 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Harmony of Despair (The next Castlevania game?)
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 09:01:53 PM »
Noooo! Not Juste! Why couldn't we get a new half-assed Soma rip-off we know nothing about!? I hate when games develop characters!!! Especially Belmonts!!!
lol good point, it's just that Juste is the most pathetic Belmont IMO, however, his game was very good (For the times) and a sequel could be very useful because it always clarifies things about the Great Simon. You are right, character development is very important, even if it's the pussy Belmont, I apologize.  :)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 09:02:41 PM »
If it is a Harmony of Dissonance remake/sequel, for the love of God, make Juste look more like a Belmont. As he was, he might as well have been called Alucard Mk. II. Aaaand if it isn't a sequel, it should be a game about Soleil.

Also, IGA. Them level designers. Switch 'em. Please.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:07:39 PM by Munchy »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 09:11:11 PM »
If it is a Harmony of Dissonance remake/sequel, for the love of God, make Juste look more like a Belmont. As he was, he might as well have been called Alucard Mk. II. Aaaand if it isn't a sequel, it should be a game about Soleil.

Also, IGA. Them level designers. Switch 'em. Please.
Munchy, best post ever -in the thread  :P -
However I have a question... who said this is a Castlevania? If this was one, why is not trademarketed Castlevania: Harmony of Despair?
 Lords of Shadow invrerted case?  :o

Offline Amduscias

• Hunter in Tanning 8D !!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Wuhhzaaa
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 09:26:36 PM »
Another metroidvania maybe? oh man sounds like the macho Alucard Belmont aka Juste (now Juice LOL) making a sequel?... i smell the fail

The name sounds as creative as the recent Iga metroidvanias -_- zzzzzz
=============================================

Fill this space with some nice message

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 09:31:34 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! WOW :) First of all, if there is a new CV by IGA I am ecstatic! If it has the word harmony in the title, it doesn`t meed it must be a sequel to HOD. And if it is, even better! HOD was an amazing game, one of the best in my opinion. Let`s wait and see and stop complaining already! Grrrr..just be happy if there is a new CV game. When Order of Ecclesia was leaked, people thought it was a sequel to Order of shadows, which would be pretty stupid.

If there is a new game...woo hoooooo! Can`t wait for E3!

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 09:33:37 PM »
Another metroidvania maybe? oh man sounds like the macho Alucard Belmont aka Juste (now Juice LOL) making a sequel?... i smell the fail

The name sounds as creative as the recent Iga metroidvanias -_- zzzzzz
hey metroidvania's are AWESOME >:(

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Amduscias

• Hunter in Tanning 8D !!
  • Hunter in Training
  • Wuhhzaaa
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 09:38:51 PM »

OH RLY

EDIT: These pictures were not really necessary to illustrate your point and have been removed.

Yeahh!!! they are all copy pasta osom !!!

Oh plz -_-

Seriously another game like that? i had enough with Order of anygameexceptacastlevania, the Alucard with boobs was really boring to control, i dont spect more like those games, we had great joy with Adventure Rebirth, why no more Rebirths or at least a remake of another forgotten one?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:42:58 AM by LBPHeretic »

Fill this space with some nice message

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 09:40:31 PM »
That was... gross  :-\
Hey guys, if it's NOT the '99 game, so, Dracula is resurrected and killed again? Seriously guys? AGAIN?

Offline OldSchoolArikado

• Castlemaniac
  • Hunter in Training
  • Se habla español
    • Castlevania Latino
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 09:44:34 PM »

3 words: Harmony of Dissonance.   >:(

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 09:46:58 PM »
POR was worse IMO, HOD has the best Castle I've seen in any CV, only the boring palette and dull sotory and characters were bad (Oh, and that THING they called music) in gameplay and graphics it was very very good  :) I hope, if it's a sequel to HOD, Iga had learnded from his HUGE mistakes and deliver us one of those experiences that made you chill out  ;D (yeah, like SOTN 16 years ago)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 09:50:37 PM »
Oh god the music in HoD was some of the worst music I've ever heard on a GBA game(let alone a Castlevania game). But if it is a sequel to HoD, then they better remake Juste's theme properly.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 09:52:36 PM »
Munchy, best post ever -in the thread  :P -
However I have a question... who said this is a Castlevania? If this was one, why is not trademarketed Castlevania: Harmony of Despair?
 Lords of Shadow invrerted case?  :o

Well, given the *MUSICAL TERM* of *EMOTION* naming convention, people probably figure it stands to reason that it's Castlevania. As to why Castlevania isn't in the title... beats me.

And about Dracula, well, they don't call it "Akumajo Dracula" for nothing... a CV game without him would be like an original Mega Man game without Dr. Wily. If it is another resurrection, (a given, pretty much), Konami, please, please make the plot something that isn't "Protagonist has friend - Friend becomes evil somehow - Protagonist fights friend - BAM Dracula" for the fifteenth time.

...I just thought of something. They need to make a run-and-gun Castlevania starring Hammer with some kind of co-op. I know, guns don't fit Castlevania, but hey, it's the future!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:57:39 PM by Munchy »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 09:55:08 PM »
double post, sorry

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 09:56:43 PM »
I've actually wanted a Maxim game for a while now, one that maybe shows him while he was training.  since he's such a "ninja", i've always imagined he travelled to Japan and learned their style of fighting and got the Stellar Sword there.  it'd be interesting if there was some "other" bad guy in Japan that Maxim had to deal with who had a castle full of Japanese mythical creatures.  he could have visited the Hakuba shrine too.  of course, if you want to know what a Castlevania game is like with Japanese creatures instead of western creatures, just play the GBA Shaman King games.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:00:15 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 10:13:07 PM »
Some of these posts make me lol

I wonder why some of you even bother posting here

Tags:

anything