Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Is Iga washed up?  (Read 64642 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2010, 10:00:19 AM »
That is actually very bad, a lot of people bought it, but the news said that it wasn't being played very much, so, people felt they were stolen, and that cetainly, damage franchiche's reputation. IGA just keeps kicking in Cv balls.

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2010, 10:04:18 AM »
You seem to be forgetting there'll be DLC, some of which has been leaked already, so it's highly likely those people will keep playing and keep buying.

I don't think there'll be any DLC for LoS, except for maybe a few achievement challenges and a costume.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2010, 10:40:47 AM »
Theres a difference between a hobby and a job. Like say.... make me sonia sprites...

I don't need to make you any Sonia sprites Kale cause they already exist. There are two versions to be exact. One type was produced for the Super Vampirekiller fan game and another type is being implimented for another fangame though I can't remember what the game is called.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2010, 10:45:07 AM »
Theres a difference between a hobby and a job. Like say.... make me sonia sprites... hmm... lets go with 20 frames for each action. No? well that's too bad. Sides, who knows how many spriters they have anymore given the number of reuse.

EDIT: and make those sprites HD, roughly 124 x 50 pixels.
124 x 50 pixels isn't HD at all, haha.
...I wanna friend IGA now.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Is Iga washed up?
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2010, 12:57:49 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm a long-date Castlevania player and I'm truly a fan of the series.

I would like to say that Koji Igarashi doesn't respect the franchise since many years, and shouldn't have the right to stay at official Castlevania producer any longer. He only brings repetitive elements, with games which have nothing to do with Castlevania. Symphony of the Night was a great games, but personally I don't appreciate all this Metroidvania which are not the best entries for the series.

Since 2002, all Castlevania are spin-off games, which shouldn't be included into the series. I agree there are some good games (AOS,...) but they are definitely NOT Castlevania games. A character like Soma, with his precious boots and cashmire shirt, have nothing to do with Castlevania spirit. The same for a weird and stupid Isaac which is kinda nude with well....*strange* behaviour...

Moreover, the games are all EASY, and we're able to finish them in less than 1 day after purchase. Even OOE was a piece of cake. That doesn't correspond with original Castlevania difficulty.

Let's hope a quick change of Leader for the series after God-blessed Lords of Shadow. I'm waiting for this change since 8 years and that pitiful Harmony.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2010, 08:42:30 AM »
Is this legit?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000736763974

IGA said:
"ate Turkish cuisine yesterday.
And I saw the belly dance.
It's so sexy."

I hope it is.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2010, 01:04:09 AM »
Also Lament contradicts the back story of Alucard and Dracula being that the years dont match up to their ages that were given to them in Symphony of the Night to the events of Lament of Innocence.

Don't need to tell you I agree. In fact, everyone should know that every IGA-Castlevania since 2002 are SPIN OFF to Castlevania, none of these games have their place in the great Castlevania franchise. COTM and Chronicles were the 2 last Castlevania games (exception of DXC of course).

ALL GAMES : HOD, AOS, DOS, POR, OOE, Judgment etc etc... --> it's all SPIN OFF. They are in entire contradiction to the original series, maybe they're good games, but they're NOT Castlevania games (they only Title Castlevania, but that's all).

That's not only my point of view, that's just the reality.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2010, 01:49:25 AM »
Then Lawds is also a spin off you know.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2010, 02:07:50 AM »
In Reply To #81,

Only 7 posts deep and you're already sounding like an idiot. I'm gonna enjoy ripping your "points" to pieces.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2010, 02:12:55 AM »
this shit is on now

MarquisX

« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2010, 04:36:30 AM »
My metaphor was way better.
I disagree- DragonSlayr81's metaphor made more sense than comparing Dracula to soda.

Offline paletteswapmonster

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2010, 10:25:29 AM »
Don't need to tell you I agree. In fact, everyone should know that every IGA-Castlevania since 2002 are SPIN OFF to Castlevania, none of these games have their place in the great Castlevania franchise. COTM and Chronicles were the 2 last Castlevania games (exception of DXC of course).

ALL GAMES : HOD, AOS, DOS, POR, OOE, Judgment etc etc... --> it's all SPIN OFF. They are in entire contradiction to the original series, maybe they're good games, but they're NOT Castlevania games (they only Title Castlevania, but that's all).

That's not only my point of view, that's just the reality.
you are a genius

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2010, 10:33:33 AM »
Theres a difference between a hobby and a job. Like say.... make me sonia sprites...

I don't need to make you any Sonia sprites Kale cause they already exist. There are two versions to be exact. One type was produced for the Super Vampirekiller fan game and another type is being implimented for another fangame though I can't remember what the game is called.

-X

Not ones with 20 frames a movement, and that big.

124 x 50 pixels isn't HD at all, haha.
...I wanna friend IGA now.

It is big enough for an HD game. That's roughly the size of an odin sphere character if they stretch to HD, I believe... I dunno fosho though, I just sort of stretched an SotN screen shot up and that's around the size I found Alucard to be.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2010, 11:04:26 AM »
Not ones with 20 frames a movement, and that big.

How big is the sprite you are reffering to? NEO-GEO fighter game size?

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2010, 11:48:21 AM »
124 pixels high... and someother number,I said it in a previous post.

Tags: