Poll

Do you want future Castlevania game with 2D o 3D gameplay?

2D
21 (51.2%)
3D
20 (48.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Do you want 2D or 3D Castlevania?  (Read 28694 times)

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Do you want 2D or 3D Castlevania?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 09:52:49 AM »

Castlevania has been very well adapted in 3D with both N64 games.  :-*

No absurd multi-combo like Devil May Cry
No absurd storyline unlike Lament of Shit
No lame level design unlike Curse and Lament of Shit
Good difficulty like all other past Castlevania unlike Curse and Lament of S...(you guess)  ;)

So 2D can provide good Castlevania games, and 3D as well !
See series like Metal Gear, Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Ninja Gaiden...they were great in 2 :P

AND ALSO in 3D ! So why Castlevania should be always doomed to stay in 2D ???!!??  :-\
Really I don't know....ah, yes, it's "that" IGA who runs the franchise...
Go to hell you hairy producer ! 8)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 11:43:26 AM »
Alright alright,  calm down.  The hateful bile needs to be toned down a bit, though I can understand your sentiment.

I don't mind some comboing.  Hell, I did some combos in LoD.  You can slide-attack, and use your short-range weapon at the same time, which was neat.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Mr.Bushido

• Vampire Hunter
  • I'm the insect woman
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 03:46:30 PM »
I'm the only one who will like to see a new 8Bit Castlevania? :-X

That will be great. I think that Castlevania is not perfect and they could make a great new NES-style game . Otherwise i believe Treasure would make a great new 2.5D game.

Offline Vatican29

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 03:54:32 PM »
I'm the only one who will like to see a new 8Bit Castlevania? :-X

That will be great. I think that Castlevania is not perfect and they could make a great new NES-style game . Otherwise i believe Treasure would make a great new 2.5D game.

I second that notion, sir!

It'd also be nice to see a friggin compilation disc of all the 8 bit and 16 bit titles.....

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »
There sorta was one for the PC.  The Castlevania & Contra Collection.
Only had the NES titles, though.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Vatican29

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 04:30:45 PM »
There sorta was one for the PC.  The Castlevania & Contra Collection.
Only had the NES titles, though.

Yes, but I am a console whore.  Should've specified I suppose.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 04:51:56 PM »
I don't mind some comboing.  Hell, I did some combos in LoD.  You can slide-attack, and use your short-range weapon at the same time, which was neat.
I know. What's with the combo hate? It's not like LoS isn't going to feature combos either. The gameplay we've seen seems to rely on different combo chain attacks as well.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 04:54:16 PM »
misguided statements here

Castlevania 64 was a shit game. The end.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 04:56:54 PM »
+1
Your opinion is not the word of God, certainly not here.  Not the end.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Vatican29

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 04:57:11 PM »
Castlevania 64 was a shit game. The end.

(nods)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 04:59:06 PM »

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 05:12:45 PM »
+1
Not the end.
Exactly.
As for me Castlevania 64 was one of the best games in the whole series. It has great atmosphere, awesome music, interesting and diverse level design, nice graphics (not by modern standarts of course) and more or less good story. Something that newer 'vanias could certainly learn.
Controls never really bothered me that much, though it took some time to learn how to tame the camera, but by the middle of the game I get a hang of it and didn't see it as a gamebreaking thing or something horribly bothersome.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 05:16:14 PM »
I know. What's with the combo hate? It's not like LoS isn't going to feature combos either. The gameplay we've seen seems to rely on different combo chain attacks as well.
Did you just say that LoS isn't going to feature combos, but then say that the gameplay seems to rely on combos?
I guess I would be fine with combos if the weapon was used in a more realistic way or whip way. LoS kinda has Gabriel using this weapon with extreme range and glowing that just turns me off. Though I also think the combo emphasis usually detracts from a smoother unification of platforming and combat, which I think is a key feature of Castlevania.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 07:48:37 PM »
Do you want 2D or 3D Castlevania?

Either is fine.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2010, 08:58:32 PM »
I've never played Castlevania 64, but I played Legacy of Darkness a year or so ago and just loved it. It's actually one of my favorite Castlevanias now, easily trumping the PS2 titles.

Tags:

anything