Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Exclusive: Konami confirms Castlevania 25th anniversary project  (Read 112255 times)

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Exclusive: Konami confirms Castlevania 25th anniversary project
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »
I'd rather a belated 25th anniversary celebration than a lackluster one
I hope whatever they decide to create that it's of suitable quality to warrant being interested in.

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »

This had better be good.
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline JBoc973

• Hunter in Training
  • Whip it good.
    • www.relyonhorror.com
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 07:37:57 PM »
Hey guys, as soon as I find out anything else (and am allowed to post about it) I will let you guys know here first.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 07:38:39 PM »
Castlevania: Oblivium Sempiternum Daemonis for 3DS, it will be set between LoS & LoS2

Castlevania 1 announced for the E-Shop

New soundtrack composed by Oscar Araujo

Harmony of Despair wallpaper

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 07:40:22 PM »
^That would be awesome
"We are going through approvals"? Happy 27th annyversary then  ;D

Everything comes full circle

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 07:45:31 PM »
Full story
When E3 concluded there was a sense of sadness and the beginning of anger amongst Castlevania’s fanbase. That was due to a lack of any sort of announcement for the series’ upcoming 25th anniversary. We didn’t get any new game announcement or a reveal of any compilation to celebrate the occasion, all we got was the revelation that Harmony of Despair would be making its way to PSN.

Since then fans have been left wondering about this total lack of acknowledgement. Has Konami completely disregarded the milsetone of one of the most respected franchises in the world of interactive entertainment? I’m glad to be able to tell you today that Konami is in fact working on something for the series’ 25th.

Speaking with Konami earlier today over this matter and regarding the current uprising of Operation Akumajo which aims to follow the footsteps and dedication of the ongoing Operation Rainfall, I was told: “We are going to do something, we are just going through final approvals on exactly what that is going to be.”

So, what type of project will this end up being? Speculation still won’t cease over this but it’s satisfying to know that we are indeed going to be receiving a game to celebrate the upcoming 25th anniversary. E3 may have been quiet in regards to this project but we still got Gamescom and Tokyo Game Show left. Let’s also not forget that we may not end up getting anything directly on time for the anniversary, but perhaps in the months to follow.

This certainly bodes well for all of us.  The Tokyo Game Show is about one week ahead of the Anniversary Date 9/26/11 --2 months from tomorrow.  That's their last real chance to make an announcement.  If the project hasn't been greenlit yet --there's just a couple possibilities...

1. There's a brand new game being planned.  No way we see it in time for the Anniversary --depending on what it is, that may not be such a terrible thing....

2. There's an effort to port an existing game into new media.  Perhaps even an Anniversary Collection of some sort...  This would be diplomatic, but a tad cheap.  Considering SotN is already available on PSN and XBLA --AND the Wii has also has most of the old school games available...  They don't have a lot of good options left --except porting the GBA/DS games onto home consoles.

3.  Worst case scenario is we see ultra-cheap gimmicks like maybe some more DLC for Harmony of Despair --or PSN/Wii/XBLA Castlevania Downloads going on sale...

So it seems we have a couple months to speculate...

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
I bet for a Castlevania encyclopedia, a concert tour and the announcement of the 3DS game and LoS 2 at Gamescom

Everything comes full circle

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 07:51:09 PM »
I bet for a Castlevania encyclopedia, a concert tour and the announcement of the 3DS game and LoS 2 at Gamescom

Hey, sounds good to me. I'm hoping for some art and music goods to come over here.

I would so buy a CV encyclopedia / "Holy Bible." But I'd have to do it online. Freaking Borders.
tumblr

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 07:55:02 PM »
Judgement II HD.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:57:03 PM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 07:56:06 PM »
Castlevania: Oblivium Sempiternum Daemonis for 3DS, it will be set between LoS & LoS2
Nothing would make me madder >:(

They should actually put Mercury Steam to good use & get them to make a 2D classicvania (in the classic timeline)...   because we already know what a HD 2D game from Iga's team looks like & LOS's hand drawn combo animations looked more promising.

Seriously though It would take atleast a Complete compilation of all the castlevania games before LOS to peak my interest
what we will probably get is a figure, cheaply produced artbook or something equally as lame.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 08:00:19 PM by C Belmont »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 08:04:14 PM »
Judgement II HD.

LoI & CoD Remastered HD collection

or

CV64 & LoD Remastered HD collection

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
    • top zel
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 08:05:27 PM »
I'd appreciate an artbook if it weren't produced hastily like Udon's "Art of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney" in which things were misspelled and mislabeled. And they didn't put much effort into the cover either (though it's nice and textured). But maybe that's because I actually did own the "Art of Gyakuten Saiban" 2-book collection and was able to critique. Castlevania, I'm not too picky about. I'd love something. Heck, even Santa Lilio Sangre released over here (even though it's not specifically CV).

also, I just noticed this.

NO.
tumblr

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 08:14:58 PM »
CV64 & LoD Remastered HD collection

THIS. Or Castlevania 3DS Dracula's Curse.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 08:32:39 PM »
In lieu of this information, I have slightly updated Operation: Akumajo's mission statement regarding the 25th Anniversary. Our demands have not changed. We patiently await additional confirmation on what Konami intends to offer.

Tags:

anything