Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Exclusive: Konami confirms Castlevania 25th anniversary project  (Read 112264 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: Exclusive: Konami confirms Castlevania 25th anniversary project
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 11:23:47 PM »
FUCK YEAH!! :)

What was I sayin', dudes? -> Let's wait and see! We waited and we saw! Now, Konami, don't disappoint us! MAKE SOME EFFIN' GREAT CASTLEVANIA!!  :D

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 12:14:29 AM »
Castlevania: Oblivium Sempiternum Daemonis for 3DS, it will be set between LoS & LoS2
That actually sounds like it would be the name of a game Tetsuya Nomura would be working on(any Nomura game). He's got a perpetual hard-on for Latin. Versus is proof of that. Characters named Ignis, Noctis, Gladiolus, and a city called Nihilsomno. LOL! I believe, in secret, Nomura's fetish is to dress up in a toga and pretend he's from ancient Rome.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 12:17:34 AM »
CV64 & LoD Remastered HD collection

I would sprout GIGANTIC WOOD if this were to happen. Just model it after Banjo-Kazooie on XBLA; or if they really wanted to go the extra mile, retexture everything like in Perfect Dark XBLA.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 01:16:09 AM »
It was about time, now if there was any kind of encyclopedia, i would gladly buy it, now we have 2 or more months for us to speculate if our dreams will come true or if they will fall to oblivion.......... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 01:36:47 AM »
Atleast we actually are getting SOMETHING. ;D

My thoughts exactly.

...well, as long as it's not a total cop-out like new DLC for HD, or something similar.

I'm just glad they're trying to do something late instead of not doing anything at all.

Can't wait to see what it'll be. Konami has been pretty disappointing lately, but I really hope they can start getting fans excited about the series again.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Francis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 02:11:14 AM »
IT's 25th anniversary of Castlevania and 20th anniversary of Belmont's revenge, so a new rebirth title would be good.

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 07:28:09 AM »

CV64 & LoD Remastered HD collection

That would be pretty awesome.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2011, 07:41:57 AM »
Hoo boy I'd love to see some people try to pronounce that in a Gamestop.

lmao!

Is it normal to be equal parts excited AND scared to see what this is going to bring?
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2011, 07:46:06 AM »
Is it normal to be equal parts excited AND scared to see what this is going to bring?
This  :o

Everything comes full circle

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2011, 07:58:47 AM »
lmao!

We know Konami's ways all too well, don't we? lol

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2011, 08:50:45 AM »
I just hope it's not a downloadable thing. I want something physical for my collection.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2011, 09:28:48 AM »
The hope is that it's something that HAS to be big. Remember that one remark about the LoS DLC and Harmony of Dispair port being our 25th anniversary gift from E3? Even if that was false, stuff like that just wouldn't cut it.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2011, 09:30:51 AM »
The 25th anniversay gift:

Everybody gets a poke from from the offical Harmony of Despair Facebook page. 

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2011, 10:05:51 AM »
I would rather we get some music releases (new arrangements, live recordings), art books, the already mentioned encyclopedia.  Also, I really want to see that Dracula`s curse animated movie. I hope the projects gets finished.

I don`t want to buy another new game system to play 1 CV game. And I will not. Anyhow, if I were to choose a new game, I would want to see a 2D game:
1. 1999 game - I want that game, with epic ending. It suits the anniversary and the ending of CV series (which obviously has come to an end....)
2. IGA-Ayami-Michiru threesome
3. Dracula`s curse remake

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2011, 10:14:40 AM »
The hope is that it's something that HAS to be big. Remember that one remark about the LoS DLC and Harmony of Dispair port being our 25th anniversary gift from E3? Even if that was false, stuff like that just wouldn't cut it.

Exactly.  You can get away with that sort of thing on a 10th or 20th, but a 25th Anniversary is extremely significant --like a 50th or a 100 year Anniversary...  Damn I hope I don't live to be that old...  XD

Tags:

anything