Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Exclusive: Konami confirms Castlevania 25th anniversary project  (Read 112241 times)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Re: Exclusive: Konami confirms Castlevania 25th anniversary project
« Reply #405 on: September 26, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »
..but it's our biggest, most current event. And for a good reason, the pessimists/realists in us can't help but see it as a sign of things to come. At the moment, what else do we know - other that LoS2 is a sure thing and Konami is doing diddly squat to let us know they care that their baby has aged?

What should we talk about?

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #406 on: September 26, 2011, 07:18:55 PM »
I know. Let's flaunt moments of solid awesomeness. Nothing but the best of Castlevania.

Super Castlevania 4 (SNES) Ending

Will you look at that. Some badass guy killed a vampire and a tearjerking music starts playing when the bad guy's unholy lair crumbles.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #407 on: September 26, 2011, 07:42:30 PM »
http://twitter.com/#!/CastlevaniaLOS/status/118249582210719744

Castlevania is in the best shape it's ever been. Haterz can never change that fact. Konami is investing in it's future...

*FIX
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:33:59 PM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #408 on: September 26, 2011, 08:02:09 PM »
Well, I honestly doubt that future has the staying power to go another 25 years.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #409 on: September 26, 2011, 08:17:39 PM »
http://twitter.com/#!/CastlevaniaLOS/status/118249582210719744

Haterz can never change that fact. Konami is investing in it's future...
I wouldn't be a hater if LoS was what we were promised and teased it would be. I was promised Super Castlevania IV in 3D. I got something entirely different.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #410 on: September 26, 2011, 08:37:16 PM »
It seems that he has great confidence in LoS.

And.... What was the "Castlevania 25th anniversary project"?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:14:18 PM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #411 on: September 26, 2011, 10:45:43 PM »
And.... What was the "Castlevania 25th anniversary project"?

Nothing, just nothing.

Well this has been a steller 25th anniversary, It's like a birthday party that your parents forgot about even though you remined them constantly months in advance but then they send the parent of the adopted kid that not many people like to wish you happy birthday instead and to crypticaly tell you that he's planning on expecting another child on the way.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #412 on: September 26, 2011, 11:07:38 PM »
Well, the Castlevania Facebook Page likesd my Happy 25th past and Cox acknowledged it as well, this clearly means that they are aware....
Also, don't you find it rather odd that not a single tweet or post from Konami has been stated about the 25th?

Since LoS2 in in the works, that clearly means Konami hasn't gave up on the franchise, they are cooking something up...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
    • Awards
« Reply #413 on: September 26, 2011, 11:35:04 PM »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #414 on: September 27, 2011, 12:13:49 AM »

Castlevania is in the best shape it's ever been. Haterz can never change that fact. Konami is investing in it's future...

Take out QTEs, wall shimmying, Titan sequences, and throw in some more horror elements, and I'll be inclined to believe you.

Which isn't to say I didn't like LoS, but I'm not gonna call it TEH BEST VANIA EVARS. Cox really, really needs to learn that constructive criticism != "haterz".
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:20:54 AM by Munchy »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #415 on: September 27, 2011, 01:43:48 AM »
Take out QTEs, wall shimmying, Titan sequences, and throw in some more horror elements, and I'll be inclined to believe you.

And more natural platforming I want medusa's trying to kill me while I am jumping across a pitfall with spikes from the ceiling trying to crush me I guess I want a CV like mario 64 or maximo or jax and daxter something that does not only combat but platforming I love me some LoS but imagine a more natural feel and while I like combo action games a game with good non super crazy combo combat and incredible platforming sounds like a winner to me.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #416 on: September 27, 2011, 02:31:45 PM »
^ I agree with you both. As much I as I enjoyed LoS, I really missed the music and other aspects that made Castlevania what most of us remembered it as. All those things that you've mentioned - if they are absent from the next installment, and classic elements are used to replace said things, then maybe we might see a better, more Castlevania-like game on the home consoles.

Back on topic, it really is a sad anniversary this year, and if LoS 2 is the supposed project, I really wouldn't mind, just as long as the game is true to the Castlevania name this time. Though, I can't help but feel disappointed that there wasn't a single game this year, except for HoD which really doesn't count as it was released last year.

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #417 on: September 27, 2011, 03:54:49 PM »
To be fair, LoS does have a lot more Castlevania elements than people give it credit for, namely anachronistic and ruined environments, enemies taken from random mythologies, and a scruffy dude with a whip fighting them all. Heck, the plot in itself gave me some vibes of Haunted Castle; I was surprised Cross Your Heart wasn't anywhere on the soundtrack. But I think where a lot of people became jaded (myself included) was the lack of Dracula and more horrific elements, both of which are pretty integral to the series. It was pretty sunshiney for a game called Lords of Shadow, which kinda pissed me off. Especially considering these guys formerly made friggin' Jericho.

Tags: