Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Exclusive: Konami confirms Castlevania 25th anniversary project  (Read 112249 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Exclusive: Konami confirms Castlevania 25th anniversary project
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2011, 10:16:23 AM »
I don`t want to buy another new game system to play 1 CV game. And I will not. Anyhow, if I were to choose a new game, I would want to see a 2D game:
3. Dracula`s curse remake

If we're going to get a CV3 remake, I don't want it in 2D. I want it in 2.5D. A 2D remake would make me feel like I'm just playing another fan remake of the game again (except obviously with a better engine made. Well, hopefully, since it's Konami making it. >.>) 2.5D would make me feel a lot better about the game.

Let's just hope if they ever do it, they make Trevor like himself in CoD, rather than Judgment (appearances, yeah, but mostly the voice and personality of the character).
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »
If we're going to get a CV3 remake, I don't want it in 2D. I want it in 2.5D. A 2D remake would make me feel like I'm just playing another fan remake of the game again (except obviously with a better engine made. Well, hopefully, since it's Konami making it. >.>) 2.5D would make me feel a lot better about the game.

I agree ^^^

If we are going to be getting any remakes then I would much prefer to have them in HD 2.5D.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2011, 11:50:41 AM »
Well for the 20th we got that sweet preorder bonus with PoR, so I would hope they do something similar but better.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »
Yaaaay! My faith in Konami has been restored :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2011, 01:27:25 PM »
Yaaaay! My faith in Konami has been restored :D

Don't say that until you know what it is.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2011, 02:42:57 PM »

Let's just hope if they ever do it, they make Trevor like himself in CoD, rather than Judgment (appearances, yeah, but mostly the voice and personality of the character).
Agreed.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2011, 03:04:59 PM »
That actually sounds like it would be the name of a game Tetsuya Nomura would be working on(any Nomura game). He's got a perpetual hard-on for Latin. Versus is proof of that. Characters named Ignis, Noctis, Gladiolus, and a city called Nihilsomno. LOL! I believe, in secret, Nomura's fetish is to dress up in a toga and pretend he's from ancient Rome.

A toga with lots and lots of zippers.

Someone mentioned CV64 and LoD HD, and I'd be all over that.

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2011, 04:02:36 PM »
This is VERY good news. I just hope it's not disappointing. IMO, A 25th anniversary needs to cater to the older fans who remember those (or most of those) 25 years.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2011, 04:55:14 PM »
Finally! So they are  planning something. But looks like they're still wondering what to give us.I just hope it's not another LoS game. Anything but LoS. A 2D or even 2.5D game would be great. Please Konami don't screw up this anniversary!

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2011, 06:29:12 PM »
Hopefully Konami announces something GOOD for the 25th anniversary. I'm excited and am now hoping for something awesome! Hopefully I don't get my hopes up for something awful.

I would love to see the 1999 game or a remake of Dracula's Curse. Really, a remake of any of the old CVs that haven't been remade yet would be nice.  ;D

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2011, 06:48:38 PM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb...

Remember how Mercury Steam recently revealed their LoS prototype demo with Simon Belmont?  I thought it was a little strange for them to be showing something like that so many months after the game's release, but I really didn't dwell on it.  But now I have this nagging feeling...  Do you think Konami is working on getting some Simon Belmont DLC for LoS?

Hmmm.... :rollseyes:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 07:05:55 PM by cecil-kain »

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2011, 07:10:09 PM »
Shit....it better not be that. Or at least, not JUST that.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2011, 07:23:34 PM »

Remember how Mercury Steam recently revealed their LoS prototype demo with Simon Belmont?  I thought it was a little strange for them to be showing something like that so many months after the game's release, but I really didn't dwell on it.  But now I have this nagging feeling...  Do you think Konami is working on getting some Simon Belmont DLC for LoS?

I could be what the next game in the series is going to be.  Of course, this is like the beginnings of a very rough draft.  Just something that occurred to me.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2011, 07:38:53 PM »
And with Cox's tease about the new engine... that's suspicious..

Everything comes full circle

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2011, 08:17:03 PM »

Oh please god, no no no no NO.

If they focus upon LoS and the new stuff rather than the classics or a balance between the two, this is going to be one disappointing anniversary indeed...
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Tags: