Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow sequel is coming out this year, hinted by David Cox over twitter  (Read 197709 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

http://twitter.com/#!/CastlevaniaLOS/status/153575003521167360

We're all very hungry for some Castlevania news, looks like this is our first real piece of news regarding the series for 2012.

Lords of Shadow sequel inbound for sometime this year. At least it gives us something to talk about again.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I take it that the tweet was edited. Or am I missing something?
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Can't wait, that's all im saying for now.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I take it that the tweet was edited. Or am I missing something?
No, the tweet is there. For some reason the forum won't allow it to become a complete url.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
You could've just um, y'know, linked the article instead.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Looking forward to it. I'm just hoping there's a Belmont protagonist and a (demon) castle for a hopefully pure evil Gabe Dracula to rule from. Unless the article is to be taken at face value, and this game does indeed continue exactly where LoS' epilogue ended.

I really just hope Mercury Steam gives more CV flavor to this one. Even if it's just a token gesture, like adding some medusa heads or something.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Even if it's just a token gesture, like adding some medusa heads or something.

That's all they did in LoS. They're gonna have to do better this time around.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
That's all they did in LoS. They're gonna have to do better this time around.

I didn't really count their odd name-dropping from the first game. What I mean is that I hope to see more series staples, like recognizable enemies, only if it's just a few.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Cue Ahasverus with the, "OMG!!!! FUCKIN YEAH! Cox RULEZ! Suck it, IGA!!!!" rant attack!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Oh I just remembered that LOS2 is using a new engine. Im curious to see what it will look like compared to the old one.

And if it runs over 24 fps this time around. :P

Offline Keldor

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I dont care what we get as long as we get something.
Bnl4life

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I didn't really count their odd name-dropping from the first game. What I mean is that I hope to see more series staples, like recognizable enemies, only if it's just a few.
LoS was full of old enemies. (Not counting bosses like Cornell, Carmilla, and Brauner/Olrox)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
First time I get some news of Castlevania and says "Do not want"...

Actually, I said that to Pachislot series too...

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
LoS was full of old enemies. (Not counting bosses like Cornell, Carmilla, and Brauner/Olrox)

Such as..? I'd hardly take into consideration the most generic ones (wolves, skeletons etc.). The completely Castlevania ones like Medusa heads and Flea men I don't remember seeing.

Tags: