Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow sequel is coming out this year, hinted by David Cox over twitter  (Read 197731 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Bah! Cox has both hinted at a sequel and at the same time said that it remains to be seen whether they will actually get to finish their little perversion of Castlevanias mythology, he's probably just trying to build up enough hype to convince Konami to let him release a sequel that has even less in common with Castlevania than their first game.
It DID well, so I don't think he needs to build hype to convince anyone... Konami will probably accept the project.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
No, no...I just used them as an example...first enemy that popped in my head that every CV has and LoS lacked. Jeez.
LoI didnt have them, (just the Medusa boss)

And I think CoD didnt have it either.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I was kind of disappointed they weren't in it, because Cox said they would, and I was wondering how they would pull that off.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I was kind of disappointed they weren't in it, because Cox said they would, and I was wondering how they would pull that off.
He said Medusa head like enemies, they ended up being those zombies that tossed their heads at you and flew around.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
LoI didnt have them, (just the Medusa boss)

And I think CoD didnt have it either.

I wasn't speaking in an absolute literal sense when I said every CV game has them. Haunted Castle doesn't have them either, among others.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I hope they bring some classic CV tunes back into the mix.  LoS soundtrack was rather bland.  I wanna hear some vampire killer, bloody tears, beginning etc.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
No, no...I just used them as an example...first enemy that popped in my head that every CV has and LoS lacked. Jeez.

Everyone did. That tirade was insane, IMO. Medusa Heads are just an excellent example of an original CV enemy.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I liked the music box vampire killer. Too bad it wasnt on the soundtrack.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Hey...I just thought of something. Even though everything seems to point to Gabe being the protagonist of LoS2, what if they had the player alternate between playing as Gabe and playing as a Belmont throughout the game? Or even choosing between the two at the beginning of the game? Not saying that would happen (and I'm definitely not saying a Belmont will even be in this game at all), but I think that would be potentially cool if they did that. Especially if it dictated what the endgame fight would be...Belmont vs. Dracula, Dracula vs. Satan, or even playing as Gabe against a Belmont.

I dunno...I'd love to see it play out in three different factions like that, although I still really don't like the inclusion of Satan at all.

That too is a possibility. Perhaps that could be how Zobek finally "kills" Gabe, by arming the Belmont character with a holy weapon capable of doing so. So after satan's defeat, there would be one last boss fight.

Personally, I loved satan's inclusion. To me it made sense, considering the games Christian worldview background setting.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Well, I'm not opposed to MercurySteam making a handheld CV. It's just that I'm already quite bored with the generic swords n' sorcery vibe. It just doesn't work for Castlevania, any more than the quasi-anime mood of the latter-day handheld CVs (though OoE was a step in the right direction). I just yearn for something that has a more 'vampiric' mood to it a la Bloodlines or SCIV.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Well, I'm not opposed to MercurySteam making a handheld CV. It's just that I'm already quite bored with the generic swords n' sorcery vibe. It just doesn't work for Castlevania, any more than the quasi-anime mood of the latter-day handheld CVs (though OoE was a step in the right direction). I just yearn for something that has a more 'vampiric' mood to it a la Bloodlines or SCIV.
I think that's what I actually liked about the original series. It didn't feel like it was set in "Ye Average Olde Medieval Fantasy" world. It's spirit(time period was irrelevent, considering CV, as a whole, pretty much oozed the "feel", despite being set in middle ages or the near future), was truly unique. It was like the "Monster Mash" of video games. That was unique in itself. To see a series that had it's own general uniqueness become, well, generic modern medieval fantasy, it's kinda like selling your soul to become one of the Stepford Wives. Though I guess it comes with popularity. Do you want to be unique and appeal to a niche market, or do you wanna be as mainstream as possible, and appeal to a mainstream market?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:57:59 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I know this sounds kind of crude and oversimplified, but I kind of wished LoS was more haunted house and less middle earth. I hope something closer to the old atmosphere can be done in the sequel, especially since it seems likely it'll be set in present day. I believe the game can still be successful while including the type of environments the series has always been known for. It's just a matter of whether or not MS chooses to do so, I think.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The sequel should match the atmosphere of the original tech demo they made, It looked more like Castlevania than the majority of LOS did, why they ditched that for a middle Earth like setting is beyond me.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
That's kinda like why I'd actually like to see a LoS sequel set in the 1800s. They'll be FORCED to ditch the stereotypical medieval fantasy and go a little towards reclaiming that "spooky" feel by adopting the setting of Stoker's Dracula, as well as other 19th century horror tales. I don't wanna see more more Ye Olde CVs with goblins and and such. I think I've said this elsewhere, but as it is, I don't like my medieval fantasy mixed with CV. I was skeptical a bit when IGA set LoI so far in the past, that he was going to go all Medieval Times with the series. Those, the best thing he did with LoI was keep the general CV feel, despite it being set during the Crusades. If I wanted Ye Olde adventures with dragons and Wraithkings, I'd play Skyrim or any other game REALLY rooted in medieval fantasy. I don't play CV games for that. ;D

I think some things could've done a world of difference. Next game, limit the day, or just kill it altogether. Perpetual night. LoS was too sunlit. For the CV series, that's almost ALIEN!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:58:53 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Tags:

anything