Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow sequel is coming out this year, hinted by David Cox over twitter  (Read 197569 times)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Yeah, I wish Lords didn't have a castle, to be honest. Wow, this is a garden and this is a kitchen. You can't trick me, Konami. It's still a goddamn' medieval castle. I think Lords 2 should ditch the castle and get more levels inspired by Rygar. Or at least the Lords Epilogue Game Castle should feature a shopping mall with zombies. That'd be modern. It'll be symbolic like Carina in Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey. Or I guess, we should have the modern equivalent of a castle. Gabriel can sit on office chairs and stuff in an underground bunker like in those James Bands movies.
Or we could place the antagonist somewhere were there is real evil today.  Oh say in a penthouse and instead of being an count, make him the most evil think of modern times, either a American Republican politician or a chief executive in a major global corporation.

Just kidding.  But in all seriousness, things need to change sooner or later.  If something stays the same for too long, it gets stale and uninteresting.  Change can be good and I think that Konami and Mercury Stream are trying to reimagine the series and find what works for a new generation of gamers.  We just need to keep an open mind.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Putting Dracula in a church in a city (was it in St Patrick, NY?) was a great and fresh idea.

I'd be happy to see the real Castlevania show up at some point too.

Also, LoS may had a large panel of non-CV monsters (LotR monsters, etc. - you say it) but it may be because the real castle (Castlevania) and Dracula aren't existing yet. Remember: when Dracula rises, his castle and creatures rise with him. So as long as Gabriel isn't Dracula, CV creatures may be hiding in the dark depths, waiting for the master of evil to show up.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Also, the game takes place during the "end of days" when creatures that had existed before have died off so I dont think will be seeing big ogres, trolls and goblins in the next game(unless the were re-animated). Plus with the Lords of Shadow gone the monsters that took over thoes area's needed a new master and a place to crash and Dracula took them in and made the old castle his HQ.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Also, the game takes place during the "end of days"

lol what

oh yeah, you mean that "necromantic wars" nonsense they were trying to put on us

(cue the "well that part of the story seemed verrry interesting me am wonder what mercurysteam has in store blahblahblargblarf" talk)

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

oh yeah, you mean that "necromantic wars" nonsense they were trying to put on us

(cue the "well that part of the story seemed verrry interesting me am wonder what mercurysteam has in store blahblahblargblarf" talk)

It's on the back of the box, it's the very first line at the top I just checked cause I wasn't sure..

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
They really shouldn't have put in that necromantic wars nonsense.       

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I think you should stop arguing from the standpoint that everything that is different is not accepted by fans who don't like where the series is currently heading, and instead accept that they don't like it because they think it doesn't work rather than because it's different. If something different and you don't like you obviously don't like it because you think it sucks, not because it is different. That entire line of reasoning doesn't make sense. It's like your only arguing gimmick and it's god-awful.                   
Sadly, it's a popular arguing gimick. You see it being used whenever white knigts for "change" go gallantly flaunting their swords and gallop in whenever someone dislikes something about anything. It always bothered me that that "card" is played way too many times than it HAS to be. What bothers me more is how black and white such people paint the situation. You like it, then you are "FOR CHANGE", you dislike it, you are "AGAINST CHANGE". There's no in-between. Either you are FOR or AGAINST. Either you are WITH US or AGAINST US. It's a horrible, close-minded way of thinking, which is ironic considering how those FOR change claim to be open-minded, while those "against" are close-minded. But, being so willing to label and put someone in a box couldn't be MORE close-minded in itself.

That being said, I still think LoS, had too much sunlight. And while other CV games featured day time, I don't think it was at the magnitude of LoS. Of course, the idea of using a day-night cycle system is interesting. I agree that it IS something that should've been implemented into the series decades ago.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
I hope "Castlevania" turns out to be the headquarters of Goldman Sachs.

Fun fact: Hero turning into Dracula and having castlevania in New York was the twist ending of the leaked-and-lol'd-at Castlevania movie script.

In a twist ending that I’m sure Anderson thought ingenious, we flash forward to present day Transylvania, where the once mighty castle has become a tourist attraction, apparently abandoned.  But then we transition to present day Manhattan, where we learn that Simon was not quick enough to kill Dracul’a before Aurica’s transformation was complete, and she has now inherited Dracul’a’s vampiric nature and power, constructing a new, modern Castlevania in New York to continue her wait for the return of her beloved: Simon Belmont.

http://www.cc2konline.com/movies/script-reviews/1327-paul-w-s-andersons-castlevania

Yeah it's less ingenious and many times dumber in Lords.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'm kind of hoping it's in a double-decker McDonalds this time. That way it would have a set of stairs to appease all the hradcore guys.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
david sux is the main developer now i'm afraid akumajo dracula will never come back again

Offline meanguyjones

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
david sux is the main developer now i'm afraid akumajo dracula will never come back again

david sux wow you showed him a thing or two about ballroom dancing

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

That's great, tell us more.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
david sux wow you showed him a thing or two about ballroom dancing

You mad.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:12:52 PM by Nagumo »

Offline meanguyjones

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
You mad.

yes i'm beside myself with anger at him being too stupid to realize david coxs name doesnt need to be changed to sux to be made fun of

howd u know?!?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

:'(

after setting things straight

8)

Tags: