Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow sequel is coming out this year, hinted by David Cox over twitter  (Read 197723 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I too am looking forward to the sequel but  I doubt  all  of the issues will be adressed (QTEs are still gonna be in unfortunately) but I would like to see the return of the other traditional sub weapons(axe's,boomerang stopwatch etc).

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Sadly, I'm willing to give them another shot with this sequel, I'm just hoping we take on the role of a new Belmont warrior, and most of the issues I've had with LoS to be reprimanded, such as the QTE's

I loved the ending too. I saw more Cv'ness throughout the game though, not just in the ending.

And haters be damned, but I actually liked the music a lot too.

The QTE's wouldn't bother me, as long as they were done more like Resident Evil 4, integrated into the action in the more fluid and dynamic way. For the best of both worlds, the player should be allowed to turn them off if desired.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

meanguyjones = corneliab

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
The QTE's wouldn't bother me, as long as they were done more like Resident Evil 4, integrated into the action in the more fluid and dynamic way. For the best of both worlds, the player should be allowed to turn them off if desired.

From what I heard Ninja Gaiden 3 has that option for qte's
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
I think a Lords of Shadow sequel is a terrible idea.

I admit I am not everywhere at once, but these supposed new Castlevania fans of Lords of Shadow either don't exist, or have no internet presence, which, in this day and age, would be very strange. The biggest things I've seen LoS do are push long time fans away and divide the fanbase. It just doesn't seem worth it to me to pursue this course. If Lords of Shadow was pushing record breaking numbers and had legions of devout fans, I could understand it, but it's my belief that it did too much harm and not enough good to continue.

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I personally loved the ending. I just hated how it was the only scene in the entire game that felt and breathed like the Castlevania I've grown to love.

Sadly, I'm willing to give them another shot with this sequel, I'm just hoping we take on the role of a new Belmont warrior, and most of the issues I've had with LoS to be reprimanded, such as the QTE's, the excessively long boss fights, the bestiary, and the soundtrack. I'm not expecting GUITARS AND HARDCORE J POP whatever, but it wouldn't hurt to hear some organs in the audio direction or, fine, I'll say it, Bloody Tears somewhere.

Pretty much this. If all those issues are addressed in the sequel, then perhaps the game could be better and more successful than its predecessor, given all the changes that could be made. Also, like you, I don't expect any Yamane-esque music to be present, but I think adding in organs can really set the mood and MAYBE nostalgia well, if old CV tunes are to be rearranged.

It also wouldn't hurt to have the the option to turn QTEs off, and I say Dave should may as well go ahead with that idea, seeing as he lied about them not being present in the first game (I don't have anything against the guy; he seems to mean well, but he should really stick to his words more often).

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I admit I am not everywhere at once, but these supposed new Castlevania fans of Lords of Shadow either don't exist, or have no internet presence, which, in this day and age, would be very strange.

From what I've seen, there are two kinds of LoS fans. Casual "fans" (since they don't really follow the Castlevania series or are interested in it, they spend their Internet time discussing their actual favorite series like GoW). The other kind's priority interest is the zealous defending of LoS against CV fans who don't like it.

But when you really think about it, neither is a real fan of LoS. They both have other interests in mind.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
If something different and you don't like you obviously don't like it because you think it sucks, not because it is different.
Wrong.
In this case its not that I dislike Castlevanias set in the Castle. I think series could be much more than that. I am for variety.
But it seems it could hard to understand to some people, who seeing disagreement with them as "flamebait / illogical fallacy / etc".

It's a horrible, close-minded way of thinking, which is ironic considering how those FOR change claim to be open-minded, while those "against" are close-minded. But, being so willing to label and put someone in a box couldn't be MORE close-minded in itself.
I rarely label people as "for me" and "against me". More often then not my position towards them changes with situation.

My bad, I should have put some random threat to Konami or maybe even call David Cox a shithead in that post.
Nice one.

You can just smell the flamebait in the air.....
Oh, so it is your catchphrase?

But when you really think about it, neither is a real fan of LoS. They both have other interests in mind.
So, fans who like the game are not fans, because they want to see more of the game in that style, essentially because they like the game?
And some people tell me that I divide everyone in "against me" and "with me".
As for me I liked LOS on its own, since its reminded me about old CV games (and what CV should be) and because it wasn't "metroidvania". So you can say that my specific interest..is that I liked that game.  8)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Oh, so it is your catchphrase?

Problem? :)

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
From what I've seen, there are two kinds of LoS fans. Casual "fans" (since they don't really follow the Castlevania series or are interested in it, they spend their Internet time discussing their actual favorite series like GoW). The other kind's priority interest is the zealous defending of LoS against CV fans who don't like it.

Seriously? (o_O)"

So even though I really like LoS, I'm not actually a fan of it? And in fact what I really like is the defending of it, not the actual game?

Amazing analysis Freud. Tell me more. (T_T) :rollseyes:

P.S. Cv is my favorite series

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I too am looking forward to the sequel but  I doubt  all  of the issues will be adressed (QTEs are still gonna be in unfortunately) but I would like to see the return of the other traditional sub weapons(axe's,boomerang stopwatch etc).

I hope the next game has a stopwatch, 'cause it'd be incredibly useful for those coffin bastards.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I want the axe and cross to return, and I want to find pot roast again for health instead of health fonts straight out of God of War.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
That by far my favorite piece of artwork in the game, it's creepy and menacing, now I wanna see THAT Dracula in the next game, not the death seeker one in the epilouge.

To be fair, that Dracula was washed up. Zobek even says so, though I'll be kind of sad if he still looks like a wrinkly old bat in a new game.

I think a Lords of Shadow sequel is a terrible idea.

I admit I am not everywhere at once, but these supposed new Castlevania fans of Lords of Shadow either don't exist, or have no internet presence, which, in this day and age, would be very strange. The biggest things I've seen LoS do are push long time fans away and divide the fanbase. It just doesn't seem worth it to me to pursue this course. If Lords of Shadow was pushing record breaking numbers and had legions of devout fans, I could understand it, but it's my belief that it did too much harm and not enough good to continue.

Castlevania as a series doesn't exactly set high bars when it comes to records. Even Symphony of the Night is kind of a cult hit when it comes to the industry as a whole.

Plus, when so much of the current online series fanbase turns it into a war, its easy to see why most don't feel like talking about it online. I've learned you can barely make a thread online titled "Ideas for a Lords of Shadow 2" without getting a "Don't make it".

First, it's hard to be more than casual fan if Lords of Shadow is the first Castlevania game you've played.

Second, I have played every Castlevania game I can get my hands on, own three copies of Symphony of the Night, bought a PSP to play Dracula X Chronicles, and think Rondo of Blood is the best game I've ever played.
I also love Lords of Shadow and would hate to miss out on a sequel based on the opinions of a few vehemently negative fans affecting reviews and thus affecting overall sales. Seeing as that didn't happen, I guess I can thank Lords of Shadow's low online presence or new fanbase for that.

So knowing that, where does that put me?

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I hope the next game has a stopwatch, 'cause it'd be incredibly useful for those coffin bastards.

Amen to that! The Coffins were annoying to say the least.

Tags:

anything