Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow sequel is coming out this year, hinted by David Cox over twitter  (Read 199674 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Im kind of wondering what his face looks like in his Lord of Shadow form. After all, when he appears, h is wearing the Devil mask over it. maybe his face is zombified under it?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Dunno, I liked Zobek's looks with the robe and the mask, it looked like a refined version of the typical death, also, are you not tired of skull reapers? O.o

And, of course, he has a 2nd form, they all do!

Everything comes full circle

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
also, are you not tired of skull reapers? O.o

no.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Dunno, I liked Zobek's looks with the robe and the mask, it looked like a refined version of the typical death, also, are you not tired of skull reapers? O.o
Man I am really starting to think you are just super biased for this game.

And no, why would I be? Death's image is way too iconic to change up, it's perfect as it is.

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Same, I like my Grim Reapers traditional. Besides, Death is my favorite CV villain-likewise I would have a partiality towards his original look.

The only one that I can think of that I didn't like, was his design in Judgment; it seemed like Obata was more concerned with making the CV cast look like his Death Note characters, rather than being consistent with the series.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:06:34 PM by GummiCandyful »

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
give Zobek/"Lord of the Dead" a lightsaber & he may be able to pass for Darth Nihilus from SW

lol

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
When you think about it out of the three lords, Zobek got the best deal. While Cornell and Camilla got power and immortality, they could still be killed off permanently. Zobek on the other hand got the power of immortality, the power to control the spiritual passage between heaven and Earth, he can resurrect himself and he can kill anybody regardless of weather they're immortal or not.

The other lords are just a giant werewolf pack leader and a vampire queen while Zobek is the basically the physical avatar of Death.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:37:59 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Same, I like my Grim Reapers traditional.
Considering that Reaper changed his appearance practically in every game, he is hardly have traditional look besides general description of being "figure / skeleton in a robe". And Zobek fits that descriprion for that matter. So, I don't see any problem with his LOS appearance.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Zobek resembles Dracula's CV2 form, which is pretty cool. I'd be happy if he just got a scythe and related attacks, since that form looks a lot like Death anyway.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
A more accurate title for him should've been "Lord of the Necromancers," since that's what he really is. It's funny how he had no idea Satan was manipulating him.

The "traditional" Death never needed an origin story; he simply IS, always has and always will be.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

The "traditional" Death never needed an origin story; he simply IS, always has and always will be.

This^^^

I hate the idea of death once being a "human" instead of being just that DEATH from the very beginning.

Death from the original CV series was the type of Death that has always been around since the beginning.

LOS's death once being a human just dampers the hype that comes with being the Grim Reaper of Death.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Gabriel doesnt seem too interested in seeing Zobek in the epilogue. Hell, he tries to get a midnight snack out of him.

I never did ask Cox about it, but considering that Zobek is Death, I theorized that the primary reason Gabriel tried bite Zobek was that he thought he'd be able to off himself once and for all by drinking Death's blood. Then again, this is a game and mayble I'm getting too logical.
I'm sure just being royally pissed about the whole situation was part his motive.  :P
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
In old lore, Death is actually the Angel Azrael/Azriel.
He is an avenging angel.  In some other cultures, although he's not evil, he is 'the embodiment of evil'.
Exists in Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Sikhism.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
In old lore, Death is actually the Angel Azrael/Azriel.
He is an avenging angel.  In some other cultures, although he's not evil, he is 'the embodiment of evil'.
Exists in Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Sikhism.
This, thanks Jorge!
I was coming to post about this, Death in CV is NOT death itself, it's the angel of death or the lord of death whatever, but not Death, lords of the death in LoS is not far fetched according to the old lore.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I dont think that Zobek is THE Grim Reaper but rather a necromancer that has dark powers that transended god hood when Satan boosted his dark powers. Satan pretty much allowed Zobek's power to evolve to a point where he became the physical avatar of Death.

Zobek is basically the Castlevania version of Dr. Manhattan. :o

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:43:11 PM by Kingshango »

Tags:

anything