Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow sequel is coming out this year, hinted by David Cox over twitter  (Read 200720 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
What about finally a Castlevania Dating Sim?? With some X scenes of course.. gotta use that whip!
Set it in the post 2035 era with Soma, where you can have your option to woo Mina, Yoko or.... HAMMER! ;D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #511 on: April 10, 2012, 10:29:54 AM »
Akumajo Dracula:The Arcade already has a "dating sim" ending if you beat it as the Little Witch (obvious reference to Tokimeki Memorial). Dracula attempts to woo her into a sexual favor.

I'm serious.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Set it in the post 2035 era with Soma, where you can have your option to woo Mina, Yoko or.... HAMMER! ;D

I'd Kickstart it.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Akumajo Dracula:The Arcade already has a "dating sim" ending if you beat it as the Little Witch (obvious reference to Tokimeki Memorial). Dracula attempts to woo her into a sexual favor.
Now this is something that I never expacted or could imagine.
If this is true of course.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
This has nothing really to do with anything were talking about now, but does anyone think they'll give ol Dracul a real design/outfit or will they stick to his tattered clothes in the epilogue? I keep imagining ol Gabe in his armor, but now worn out and corrupted looking, long old grey/white hair, and maybe wearing a demonic looking cape. I just keep getting that idea when I think of how he looked in the ending to Resurrection.

And another thought occurred to me. This might just be over speculation, but in those two pics David posted on his twitter, we see two guys in those suits used for...I forget whatever it is, but it made me think what if LoS2 doesn't have just one protagonist, but two. Like, working together and playing as one.

Man hurry up with that announcement Dave. :[
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:03:01 PM by OSM »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
What about finally a Castlevania Dating Sim?? With some X scenes of course.. gotta use that whip!

Oh shit! You could make it compatible with the Kinect!

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
This has nothing really to do with anything were talking about now, but does anyone think they'll give ol Dracul a real design/outfit or will they stick to his tattered clothes in the epilogue? I keep imagining ol Gabe in his armor, but now worn out and corrupted looking, long old grey/white hair, and maybe wearing a demonic looking cape. I just keep getting that idea when I think of how he looked in the ending to Resurrection.

And another thought occurred to me. This might just be over speculation, but in those two pics David posted on his twitter, we see two guys in those suits used for...I forget whatever it is, but it made me think what if LoS2 doesn't have just one protagonist, but two. Like, working together and playing as one.

Man hurry up with that announcement Dave. :[

Well in the epilogue, there's a statue of Dracula right above the entrance of the throne room and it appeared shirtless. So either he ditched armour later on due to it being damaged or he's been wreaking havoc across Europe without a shirt for 900 years. Plus he appears shirtless in the artwork (except the one with him on his throne with the cloak on him.)

As for the two guys in the mocap suits, I dunno could be anything.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:19:07 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Love that concept artwork of Dracula with the cloak. I don't agree with the story direction, but I do love that the epilogue and artwork attempt to bring to this Dracula a sense of "creepy-crawliness", if that makes sense.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I gotta feeling the marketing for this game is gonna suck, just like the marketing for the first game

Konami just isn't the same anymore

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I gotta feeling the marketing for this game is gonna suck, just like the marketing for the first game

The last time Konami went out of their way to promote a game was back in 2008 when MGS4 was coming out.

And after the Blades of Time fuck up, im starting to wonder if they even have a marketing team.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'm more fearsome of Konami's marketing than the quality of the game itself.

BTW Enric "The Boss" Alvarez just made a twitter account! And he already answered me 2 times, lovely guy.
https://twitter.com/#!/AlvarezEnric

Also, he says (roughly translated) the announcement is "Very soon" and "You won't have to wait that much longer"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:20:44 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

The last time Konami went out of their way to promote a game was back in 2008 when MGS4 was coming out.

And after the Blades of Time fuck up, im starting to wonder if they even have a marketing team.

The funny part about this is that konami markets yu-gi-oh tcg commercials over top franchises don't believe me well here:

Yugioh Premium Collection Commercial (ENG)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

Look closely to the left.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

Hmm...."Castlevania 2"....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 06:34:56 AM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Look closely to the left.

We need to go deeper.

Tags:

anything