Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Which Castlevania has the most potential of getting a remake?  (Read 24397 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Which Castlevania has the most potential of getting a remake?
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2012, 10:11:45 AM »
And, ah- ...less interior design...

S**T! Knew I forgot something...
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline kaiwai

• Old Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • There is no vampire in Belgium!!
    • WEarePES.com
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2012, 10:23:22 AM »
Like everyone here, I'm ok with the fact that the next remake could be Castlevania III ... but in a way, Mirror of Fate will be a remake of it, with the revesited story of Trevor Belmont.

Aside from CV3, I see other classic episodes that could be recreated:
- Bloodlines
- Simon's Quest
- Belmont's Revenge

;)

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »
Like everyone here, I'm ok with the fact that the next remake could be Castlevania III ... but in a way, Mirror of Fate will be a remake of it, with the revesited story of Trevor Belmont.

Aside from CV3, I see other classic episodes that could be recreated:
- Bloodlines
- Simon's Quest
- Belmont's Revenge

;)

Ughh please don't call MoF a remake of Dracula's Curse. That is an insult to a true classic.

Offline kaiwai

• Old Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
    • WEarePES.com
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2012, 08:25:31 PM »
+1
This isn't a insult to anything.  :rollseyes:
Sorry but whether you want it or not, Mirror of Fate will be a revision of the original story, surely made with passion and good knowledge of the whole serie. And as you surely don't ignore it, MoF will be the story of Trevor, Alucard and Simon. So, in my opinion, the Iga-Studio will NOT release a remake of "Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse" in the next few years because of the Mercurysteam reboot !!

I think it's more likely that the next remake from Konami-Japan will be Bloodlines or a title like that.
But who knows ... ?!  :) :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:27:31 PM by kaiwai »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2012, 08:40:21 PM »
Meh, MoF is still missing a couple elements for it to be a DC remake/reboot: Sypha and Grant in action.
"But wait, who the fuck cares about Grant?"
We do, Konami.
"Hey, we put in Sypha as Simon's mom. That counts, right?"
No it doesn't, MercurySteam. I specifically asked for her in action.
And yeah, I'm still kinda salty about PachiSlot 3 not including Grant in the main cast and giving him a redesign, even if it is just a PachiSlot game.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:47:42 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2012, 12:26:20 AM »
Castlevania I and III are pretty much perfect as they stand. I have two gripes with III but nothing that could really tarnish it. It's a fucking masterpiece. I mean a put your nuts in a garbage disposal fucking masterpiece. The only gripes that I had with DC was the lack of fade out on music approaching bosses (ala CVI, IV and Chronicles). Sorry but atmosphere is what makes the series unique. Two, the control on Trevor was a little bit stiffer than Simon's Quest and well the first games controls have a quirk in them that I just like more that these two. But suffice it to say I don't believe that those two games need a remake. Would I be opposed to III being remade though?????? HELLL FUCK NOOOOOOO!!!!! By all means remake it......... after you remake, remodel, renovate and reinvent Castlevania II Simon's Quest. That game has butt loads of potential ideas and places to improve. No Castlevania game is perfect IMO but no Castlevania game is ever, ever lacking on genius. Not even Judgement, it's just miles short on execution. You can remake that too. But.
((((((((((((runs into the background)))))))))))
SIMON'S QUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uh...... even Castlevania: Order of Shadows?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2012, 03:04:55 AM »
This isn't a insult to anything.  :rollseyes:
Sorry but whether you want it or not, Mirror of Fate will be a revision of the original story, surely made with passion and good knowledge of the whole serie.

Cox said the new lore didn't replace or overwrite the old one, so I don't think it's correct to call the LoS series a revision of the original story.

Offline kaiwai

• Old Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
    • WEarePES.com
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2012, 04:56:10 AM »
Cox said the new lore didn't replace or overwrite the old one, so I don't think it's correct to call the LoS series a revision of the original story.
I surely used the wrong world because of my poor knowledge of english...
... but let's say that it will be a parallel vision of the old story.

Eraser_Rain_ 2236

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2012, 10:04:40 AM »
Simon's Quest would be really good as a remake. They could use a similar layout from Order of Ecclesia and inject the Metroidvania for each mansion.
The other close one is Bloodlines. Bloodlines was a great Castlevania, but few have played it. It would be great to get it done so fans can experience the game they may have missed out on.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2012, 08:49:21 PM »
I surely used the wrong world because of my poor knowledge of english...
... but let's say that it will be a parallel vision of the old story.
That still does not make it a remake though.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2012, 09:24:37 AM »
+1
Simon's Quest would be really good as a remake. They could use a similar layout from Order of Ecclesia and inject the Metroidvania for each mansion.
The other close one is Bloodlines. Bloodlines was a great Castlevania, but few have played it. It would be great to get it done so fans can experience the game they may have missed out on.

If you must have a Metroidvania style for each mansion that's fine but I would personally like it if the platforming elements from the original game and the game proceding and preceding make its way in. I have no problem with an RPG esque battle system it worked for Zelda II and it meshed with the Mario like platforming death traps. As for Bloodlines, that is a straight CVI type of game which while not as atmospherically or musically as good as the superior SCVIV had a lot of things in it that were fucking brilliant. Two characters, different paths for each one, interesting boss battles with quirks in them (I.E. Death). There was a lot of things in that game that I don't think people really respect and this was Genesis game. How about the reflection at the beginning of stage II or the Castle Proserpina split screen? Genius? Yes! Remake it? Fuck yes!!!

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2012, 07:52:57 PM »
Which have more chances: CV3. Why? Most fans want it, new pachislot is more or less themed alog that and MoF, these thing screams CV3 remake lol

Which needs a remake: CV2, CV3, HoD (Dissonance, not Despair), Vampire Killer (the MSX one)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline GenyaDarknessFalls

• Arikado Mine <3
  • And then the darkness shall fall around us...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2012, 04:17:44 PM »
Honestly, if we are talking remakes then we need to take a lot into account here. Music, graphics, story etc. I already seen that some don't like this idea, but I would adore seeing HoD remade. Maybe it's just me, but I really have a soft spot for Juste and would like to see further character development on his part as well as the in and outs of the nature of his friendship with Maxim as well as his connections with Lydie. The sound track for the game was not bad, though I would like to hear an updated versions, perhaps full orchestra as well? I'm a sucker for the 2-D side scrolling and they should keep it that way. Update a few things here and there, but keep it classic? (t really irked me the 2-D,3-D meshing of PoR :/)
I suppose another would be Dracula's Curse. Updated music, graphics is really all that is needed. We already know that characters pretty dang well, so I doubt further development is needed on that part.
I would also like to see Bloodlines get a nice boost! Though I like the music just the way it is to be honest. However a good ol' graphic boost would sure be nice!
Besides those, I mean really any of them has potential to it. I would however crash and burn if they redid SotN!

Offline Husky

• Don't let the post count fool you I've been around since 2001
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • ICVD!!!
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2012, 05:55:18 AM »
Id say Castlevania 1 has the best chance, as they keep remaking it 8P, vampire killer, cv1, cv4, x68000, chronicles, are all the same story, but they have yet to try to make a 3-d version of it, personally I'd love to see a cv1/simons quest remake merger, kinda like a you start out at a village before cv1 (similur to LOS) the go threw cv one  have the castle crumble do a its over but not really show the elapsed time period and continue in to cv two, then when you Dracula at the end of the second segment of the game, you get the real ending
[img width= height=]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/photos-ak-ash1/v238/45/53/550506684/n550506684_756072_7919.jpg[/img]

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »
Id say Castlevania 1 has the best chance, as they keep remaking it 8P, vampire killer, cv1, cv4, x68000, chronicles, are all the same story, but they have yet to try to make a 3-d version of it, personally I'd love to see a cv1/simons quest remake merger, kinda like a you start out at a village before cv1 (similur to LOS) the go threw cv one  have the castle crumble do a its over but not really show the elapsed time period and continue in to cv two, then when you Dracula at the end of the second segment of the game, you get the real ending

You forgot to mention Haunted Castle.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

anything