Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)  (Read 144599 times)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2008, 09:23:05 AM »
His real name was Kurusu Souma. Yeah, it's engrish but the japanese story says he's an average, completely japanese guy who discovers his dracula-ness once he enters the castle. The american division of konami invented the whole exchange student stuff, it shouldn't be treated any more seriously than poltergeist king.

Also I really hope other than the required Belmont there won't be any returning characters or families. Gimme more of aos soma or hammer, hod maxim and such. Totally new families, not another belnades or morris.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 09:39:42 AM by Serio »

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2008, 09:28:42 AM »
In Reply To #101

Nice.

Genya Arikado

« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2008, 09:36:50 AM »
Kurusu is just the Japanese pronunciation of Cruz. So his name realy is Cruz. I hate the english translations and twists on things. Trevor Belmont's name is ralph over in Japan. Don't ask how we mistranslated it.

Offline The Spoony Hou

• Awards
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2008, 09:52:53 AM »
Kurusu is just the Japanese pronunciation of Cruz. So his name realy is Cruz. I hate the english translations and twists on things. Trevor Belmont's name is ralph over in Japan. Don't ask how we mistranslated it.

I believe Kurusu is a Japanese name made to sound exactly like how a Japanese would pronounce Cruz, but I'm too lazy to check that at the moment. And, Trevor Belmont's name wasn't mistranslated, it was changed.

Genya Arikado

« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2008, 09:54:47 AM »
In Reply To #109

Yes, I said that in slight humor. As for Soma's name, I alredy checked before I posted.

Steve

« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2008, 10:57:12 AM »
"Kurusu Souma" is also written in kanji; it's meant to be a Japanese name.  The fact that its pronunciation comes out to "Soma Cruz" is a double-meaning.

Mr Cappucino

« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but (if they are real) why would all the dialogue and the title and subtitle be written in Japanese and then "Game Start", "Wi-fi Connectivity", etc, written in English? I know a lot of English is used in Japan, but still, unless you can tell me why its completely ordinary, it seems a little unusual to me. Just a thought.

If they are real though, I don't mind the art style (much better than PoR and DoS anime styles), and a little reusing of textures and whatnot in these shots doesn't really indicate that the game is going to be completely loaded with reused enemies and backgrounds. Though to be honest I expect it will be...

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2008, 11:10:38 AM »
I'm a bit pissed I wasn't able to get an article up about this before Kotaku, but at least I offered up the fan reactions seen here in this topic.

I'm hoping this nudges Konami into releasing an official statement/news about the game soon....especially if it is legit.

Steve

« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2008, 11:21:16 AM »
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but (if they are real) why would all the dialogue and the title and subtitle be written in Japanese and then "Game Start", "Wi-fi Connectivity", etc, written in English? I know a lot of English is used in Japan, but still, unless you can tell me why its completely ordinary, it seems a little unusual to me. Just a thought.

It's completely ordinary because...that's just how Japanese people like it.  Seriously, there's nothing suspect about that aspect of the shots.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2008, 11:29:13 AM »
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but (if they are real) why would all the dialogue and the title and subtitle be written in Japanese and then "Game Start", "Wi-fi Connectivity", etc, written in English?

Well all of the previous castlevanias did it. Jp Hod did it. Jp Aos did it. Dos and pork did so too. Hell, entire jp bloodlines was in english. :o
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 11:33:29 AM by Serio »

Genya Arikado

« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2008, 11:32:18 AM »
Hmm..
Well I'm just happy that there is rumors of a new game. In the past the real news has been released right after the rumors.

Mr Cappucino

« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2008, 11:37:51 AM »
Well all of the previous castlevanias did it. Jp Hod did it. Jp Aos did it. Dos and pork did so too. Hell, entire jp bloodlines was in english. :o

Ah, I didn't realise that :p Never played a Japanese version, though I'm surprised I couldn't remember this from the early PoR screens. Thanks for clearing that up.

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »
All of the pre-1999 games take place somewhere in Europe and all the "sorrow" games take place in Japan--but an actual 1999 game could take place in either locale (I'm betting on Europe); so it wouldn't be illogical for Mina's mother or Grandmother to be from Europe.

It's not like Japan is the only country with people named Hakuba. And it just doesn't make any sense for the "sorrow" games to take place in Japan and have Japanese characters...sure Yoko sounds Japanese, but Yoko Belnades? That's a mixed up name if I ever heard one.

My point is: the chick in the pic could be a Hakuba with any first name; Shanoa, Chanoix, or whatever...things don't really have to make complete sense in Iga's world.

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2008, 11:52:34 AM »
sure Yoko sounds Japanese, but Yoko Belnades? That's a mixed up name if I ever heard one.

Father could be a European Belnades, and mother could be Japanese. (at least, that's how I'm explaining it)

Genya Arikado

« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2008, 12:17:55 PM »
In Reply To #118

It has to be in Europe. In the first game of Sorrow it said that Dracula's castle was sealed when the eclips ritual was performed for the first time in Europe. See Aria of Sorrow or the castlevania wiki for more info.

Tags: