Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)  (Read 144605 times)

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
Re: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 03:19:58 PM »
Well, if it isn't fake I noticed something pretty interesting. It looks like it might have the date below the life and MP bars, which could make for some interesting game mechanics. DOn't know what really...maybe you have a certain number of days to beat it, or certain things happen on centain days of the week/year.
 That looks like it takes place in 1425, 1525, 1625..etc...

Also, I kind of think the sprite there looks like an edited version of Charlotte from PoR....but maybe thats me be skeptical

These are giving me a tremendous "fake" vibe.  However, if this is real, it could be that that IS Charlotte (albeit older) since the sprite looks like an edit of Charlotte's and it uses pretty much the same brown and blue color palette.

Persona

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 03:22:24 PM »
Not really backing up the original guy who posted those but there's some things I would like to point out.

071225 is obviously 12/25/07. Reason why most people haven't caught onto it and may think it's just something related to the game system is because going by japanese dates, year is first then month then day. It's basically what it is, giving the date on how far the progress of the game is. If this is indeed fake and some kind of hack, it's either made by someone who seriously knows his asian stuff to fool people or is made by some japanese person.

Next is the art direction. IGA has said he wasn't going with pure kiddy anime like DoS, PoR, etc but with darker anime feel. Again, if this is fake, the person making the screens is doing his homework.

Next is the artwork/sprite comparison. People on various sites seem to be nitpicking they're not the same such as the hair color, lack of design on the sprite's clothes compared to the artwork, etc but coming from CV character sprite standards, I see nothing wrong with the comparison. It isn't tack on 100% the same, but it's close enough? Brown vs black hair? I'm sure anyone can edit the hair color to be the exact same if they wanted to fool people. It's almost the same as saying Soma sprite is fake because he has no face while the artwork ingame shows he has a face. Yes the female's clothing could have more detail instead of just plain black, but that's still good enough. The clothing on the arms match. Not like she is wearing long sleeves. Now that may be totally fake.

Since the guy is offering to give out more screens, I asked for ones with more conversations so I can try to pinpoint what the story is about. And no I do not know this guy. He has a thread at gamefaqs PoR board. As for graphical errors, I'm sure Serio can pinpoint them better than any of us.

This may in the end be fake but since there's nothing new about CV these days, I might as well let the guy lead me on. :P
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 03:24:25 PM by Persona »

Offline Verboten

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 03:26:48 PM »
This better be fake because it looks awful.

Considering the graphics in Contra 4, the shit that is in those pics is just unacceptable.

I'm going to be real disappointed if this game just ends up being another cookie cutter Castletroid.

Come on, Iga! At least give us a game more in the vain of Simon's Quest. You know, something that plays more like an old-school Castlevania yet still has RPG elements and an open map.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »
In Reply To #17

You speak as though its somehow difficult to do a hoax so accurately.

Persona

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 04:06:39 PM »
In Reply To #19

If this is indeed fake and some kind of hack, it's either made by someone who seriously knows his asian stuff to fool people or is made by some japanese person.

Again, if this is fake, the person making the screens is doing his homework.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 04:11:49 PM »
I sure hope this is another elaborate Think Tank prank.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 04:19:24 PM »
In Reply To #20

Actually, doesn't the european have their dates taht way too >.>

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 04:21:20 PM »
In Reply To #12

Er...you played as a woman in DS and PoR...so you didn't like playing as Charlotte or Yoko? ^^;;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Marcus Hardle

• Creator of Akai no Sonata
  • Hunter in Training
  • The future resonates in deep blue.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 04:35:31 PM »
The girl's name is Shanoa apparently.

And the first line says... "This is dominasu..." (it's probably a location because there's a "ni" after it, it's an foreign word, I just dunno what word could it be). And there's something about killing in the end if I'm not mistaken.

And that's as far as my Japanese skill goes... sorry... :P
=================================
Castlevania: Sonata in Red - Complete Game

Check in:
www.freewebs.com/sonatainred

Download Links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/84894428/Castlevania_SIR_v1.0.rar

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o6rcvm

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 04:42:16 PM »
In Reply To #18
Oh, man! I would love to have a game similar to Simon's Quest. I've been waiting for a game like this for years.

In Reply To #23
Yeah, but Yoko and Charlotte were secondary characters.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 04:45:48 PM »
In Reply To #25

True, I s'pose. Although they certainly weren't damsels in distress ;)

Well, who knows? Perhaps Shanoa isn't a primary character and this is just showing off an extra mode or something...we may have a male protagonist yet. :D;;;

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 05:31:34 PM »
In Reply To #26

Well, I'm hoping there is a male protagonist. There appears to be a male talking to the girl in that one picture, so there is some hope. Though these pics may end up just being fakes, I really feel that they are legit.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 06:04:35 PM »
The return of Dual Moons?

Offline Verboten

• Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 06:08:38 PM »
Considering most of the character designs, in Iga's games, does it really matter if we have a male or female protagonist?

Iga is just a terrible game designer that got lucky with SotN. Even that game isn't free of flaws though.

There's simply no reason why he can't make a nonlinear game with the actual gameplay being more reminiscent of the old-school games. As flawed as it was, Simon's Quest is proof that it can be done.

It's not like I'm even asking for the difficulty of the old games. I just want a more action oriented game, is all.

For instance, get rid of crap like the infinite jumps and you could easily bring back the whip swinging of SCIV.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 06:33:42 PM »
In Reply To #27

They are legit. The guy who posted them has been confirmed as a VIP--Ben Norman, translator extraodrinaire.

Tags:

anything