Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)  (Read 144590 times)

Offline Verboten

• Awards
Re: New Castlevania!!!???!!! (DS)
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2008, 07:43:39 PM »
In Reply To #38

Eh, Vampiria looks better to me than this copy and paste dreck.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 07:45:20 PM by Verboten »

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2008, 07:59:59 PM »
Speaking of which, the thread that featured that screenshot was deleted and that guy's profile has been suspended.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=935188&topic=39046147&user=827860

I'm starting to feel that this was an elaborate hoax or something...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 08:04:28 PM by Azmodan »
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2008, 08:02:17 PM »
The art looks better than DoS & PoR but I still prefer Kojima over anything else. unfortunately the graphics look exactly the same (was hoping for an improvement..)but it's still too early to tell.

Please, PLEASE no more reused areas/enemies (but seeing as the same exact team from PoR is behind this then that seems unlikely).

That guy the girl is talking to looks nothing like Graham. This dude is wearing a more elaborate outfit.

I'm betting that this is a copy of Dracula's castle or a completely new castle with it's own master.

I'm getting tired of seeing that winged cross in every game, it looks too generic, they need to style it up!

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2008, 08:07:12 PM »
In Reply To #48

Shush you. I have that inverted cross tattooed on my ankle. The more people who know it, the better.

And yeah, now that the guy has been suspended, I'm reluctant to post any news about this at the geek news blog I write for.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »
It's odd that both his thread and his account has been suspended. If I recall, there was a poster at Gamefaqs called PortraitOfRuin who'd dish out info on that game all the time with no reprecussions...
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2008, 08:36:26 PM »

Persona

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2008, 08:42:10 PM »

YES, I totally agree with that. xD

I'm pretty sure the reason why he got suspended wasn't because of it being either real or fake, but because of his 'VIP' status. Who knows what he did. Guess in the end he was a fake or gamefaqs just didn't know what to decide and pressed the suspend button. :P

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2008, 10:39:30 PM »
He got suspended because he was not authorized to give out screen-shots of the game. It's waaaay too early for this info to be released! Thank god, I got the pix distributed to the public before they disappeared--the link in my 1st post is now broken:(

He only posted the pics because people on g-faqs were doubting his "translator for konami" status, so he posted the pix to shut them up. I don't think he realized it was such a "faux pas" to let the public see screen-shots 4-8 months before release.

And for all you doubters out there:
1. It's probably a multi-character game (duh!), and the chick is just one of 2-3 people in the game.

2. It's in it's beta phase, so nothing is going to look exactly how the real game will--I'm sure as hell the dates won't be under your life bar in the final version.

3. Lets see some of you 1337 mutha-truckas make some fake shots as good as these...come on Serio, I know you think you can...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:42:27 PM by outofthegamer »

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2008, 10:58:38 PM »
...Good? Sure, the amount of stuff to fake those is huge but by no means does this look good. It's almost on par with pork's shittiness visuals wise.

Those look poor. A random photo lowered to 256 colors for backdrop, some of dos+por tiles, an anime face and what looks like a Julius and Charlotte edits. Everything in almost hod like oversaturated bright palettes.

Also why the fuck me? I'm a character spriter, not a background artist or designer. There are people much better at designing levels. ::)

I never said "THOSE ARE FAKE LOL". Others did. I just commented on the shitty palettes that are plagueing all handheld 2d titles and outlined sprites being back, then made an awesome edit of the title screen.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 11:03:49 PM by Serio »

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2008, 11:12:19 PM »
It's in it's beta phase, so nothing is going to look exactly how the real game will--I'm sure as hell the dates won't be under your life bar in the final version.
Sorry, I guess uzo said it's not that hard to make fake pix.
So I assumed it would be no problem for you.

And just because you think it looks crappy, dosn't mean it's not real, you bitch about PoR all the time and it's real.

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2008, 11:23:26 PM »
In Reply To #55

Assume makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me". ;)

And sure, it doesn't mean it's not real. Did I say that? Did I say it's not real? All I said is that the looks of this thing so far are pretty bland, almost pork bad. Not that those games are fake. :o

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2008, 12:10:00 AM »
In Reply To #10
Eh, I have to disagree. I don't want to play as a woman. I want to save the woman. This is the reason I'm not excited about Final Fantasy 13.

Why that's been done to death, I want a woman who can show me a good time, not break at the slightest touch. I like tough women more, (as long as they aren't super muscular, that's just gross)

In Reply To #55

All I said is that the looks of this thing so far are pretty bland, almost pork bad.

What!?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 12:13:33 AM by The Last Belmont »
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2008, 12:48:16 AM »
All right guy's, first about the hair color, they look brown at the game, because ahead from the characters is the dialog box that's why they might look this way.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 01:34:08 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2008, 02:07:10 AM »
Judging by many of the posters in this thread, one might get the impression that this is the Castlevania Sucks Dungeon Forums. It's kinda funny.

This game will probably be good. I'm glad they're recycling sprites and graphix cause that means they'll technically be able to spend more time to make the gameplay and level design less boring.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2008, 02:16:59 AM »
This game will probably be good. I'm glad they're recycling sprites and graphix cause that means they'll technically be able to spend more time to make the gameplay and level design less boring.
That was the case with dos > por too, yet they both took a dive. :P
The level design was almost cod quality, and the gameplay ridden with game breaking and freezing bugs.

All I want this to be is darker and more gloomy. The way too saturated color palettes make it look like some disney or other kids cartoon with overly colorful stuff to draw the kid's attention in. Especially the second screenshot, the third wouldn't be that bad if the walls didn't look so bland and repetitive. Almost like cotm at its worst.

I wonder if that crab battle is something like gergoth. It seems you fight it in that vertical shaft, and there's a ceiling above you yet the map shows that there's more up there. Maybe at one point of the battle the crab breaks it.

Why don't you compare this pictures with those from symphony?
Comparing that sotn article with its printed then scanned blurry images to direct in game screenshots for the new game isn't really helping. Minus the blur I can see that the areas in sotn look like they do in th final game, and only the enemy placement is different. Even the enemy attacks are the same.

Btw:

Does she really have that huge skull? :o
Dammit first too long giraffe necks, now too long head. Do the konami artists have some sort of complexes? :P
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 02:30:50 AM by Serio »

Tags:

anything