Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: (Rumor) E3 Leak; Castlevania is there.  (Read 96008 times)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: (Rumor) E3 Leak; Castlevania is there.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 07:58:56 AM »
Talk about atrocious names. This one sounds worse than Mirror of Fate's did.

Still, I doubt this is genuine. Symphony didn't exactly warrant a sequel, and now that IGA's gone, all of this feels a bit too far-fetched.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 08:18:12 AM »
Please God.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 08:46:41 AM »
+1
Please God.

Don't do this to yourself. Im telling you this not as another poster, but as a distant friend.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2014, 08:49:14 AM »
+1
Watch it be real, but with Konami somehow trying to shoehorn a Symphony sequel into the LoS universe.

Okay, that's a bit pessimistic, but meh.
I'd be ok with that as long as it gives more playable LoScard. He was the best thing about LoS2
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2014, 08:52:45 AM »
Don't do this to yourself. Im telling you this not as another poster, but as a distant friend.

It's alright, my hype has been crushed for by E3 for 5 years straight already.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 09:11:36 AM »
I'd be ok with that as long as it gives more playable LoScard. He was the best thing about LoS2

Wouldn't it be cool to have SOTN remade, but have the character models and voice actors for LOS Alucard, Dracula, and Death?
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Terin

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2014, 09:21:49 AM »
Seems interesting -- The "X" game for the Wii U, being called Xenogears: Origins, I imagine.  There are a lot of other flaws folks have posted about, but this seems somewhat more clarifying as well -- puts me back on the fence of if it's real or not.  Guess we'll find out in a month.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2014, 09:48:33 AM »
It's also kind of weird from Konami's viewpoint, since for the past 5 years it's been nothing but FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT CASTLEVANIA and trying to get new fans, and with this it would be REMEMBER EVERYTHING YOU KNEW ABOUT CASTLEVANIA. Like why would they convolute things even more if the series being convoluted to begin with was one of the reasons they wanted a reboot?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 09:58:55 AM »
Well, this kind of fits with the contents of that Beragon email. No single history for the series anymore, now it's time again for Japanese oriented Castlevania, etc.

Of course I could also think of a more cynical explanation.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 10:22:07 AM »
Wouldn't it be cool to have SOTN remade, but have the character models and voice actors for LOS Alucard, Dracula, and Death?
Yup.... nope!!!! >:( ;)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 10:27:29 AM »
Maybe they are doing a sequel to SOTN but didn't want IGA on the project. I could see him being insulted by that enough to leave Konami.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 10:29:46 AM »
Time for a news break.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/05/nintendo-e3-2014-rumor/

No. Absolutely not.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 11:09:29 AM »
Don't buy it, from the first line. Beyond Good and Evil 2. BG&E isn't a big enough name that I could see Microsoft putting it front and center at E3, even if it was an exclusive, it's too niche. I think they'd come out with a "remastered edition" or something first to test the waters of interest.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2014, 11:10:38 AM »

My clip is in bitch how bout urs.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2014, 11:11:42 AM »
hell Im more excited to see Monster Hunter 4 on there than I am anything castlevania... Is that sad?

Tags: