Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: (Rumor) E3 Leak; Castlevania is there.  (Read 95959 times)

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: (Rumor) E3 Leak; Castlevania is there.
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2014, 02:50:04 PM »
That actually exists. :P

My terrible mistake :(.

EDIT: Pachislot sequel???

Fixed :P
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 02:59:38 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2014, 04:07:26 PM »
How it could be Legit:
LoS2's release and reviews usually point to SoTN, getting more people to play it. Konami could use it to cash in a sequel.
the 2006 e3 footage clearly shows interest in a SoTN sequel, it could have ebeen put in development hell for all this time

How it could be bull:
It's not Metal Gear.
LoS2 was pretty bad and the sales did reflect on it.

E3 leaks always spark an interest since some are dead on and some are complete BS

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2014, 04:30:06 PM »
E3なのかな?
3DSで月下2が発表されると言う情報が!
ちょっと楽しみかも〜
E3's I wonder?
The information in the 3 DS will be announced late October 2 say! Bit of fun ~

This is from IGA's Facebook. Google translate isn't making it too clear, but is he announcing something about his own Metroidvania product for October?

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2014, 04:39:52 PM »
E3なのかな?
3DSで月下2が発表されると言う情報が!
ちょっと楽しみかも〜
E3's I wonder?

This is from IGA's Facebook. Google translate isn't making it too clear, but is he announcing something about his own Metroidvania product for October?

Oh god not another 3DS release, why can't konami make castlevania mutliplatform?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2014, 05:00:40 PM »
Well, imagine that the rumor is true (personally, I doubt it). The question would be, what will be the plot of SoTN 2 (if is a direct sequel of the PSX one)? A plot involving Maria in her search for Alucard? Shaft is not dead? Alucard is missing, so Richter and Maria will search for him? Dracula rises... again a few days after the Castle was destroyed?

Although, the name Symphony of the Night 2 is very ambiguous to me. Is there other CV game with a number follow-up (without counting I, II, III, IV)?, like Lords of Shadow do with his sequel... (I mean, there´s no Dracula´s Curse 2, Simon´s Quest 2, Dracula X 2, Lament of Innocence 2, etc.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:07:33 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »
E3なのかな?
3DSで月下2が発表されると言う情報が!
ちょっと楽しみかも〜
E3's I wonder?

I really wish I could read that properly.

I guess something of his will be at E3 and we'll find out more in October...? I guess it's the Castlevania successor we're all desperately hoping for.

...go figure he posts this when SotN 2 is rumored.

EDIT: All he's saying actually is he's wondering if SotN 2 will be announced at E3. He's probably curious about the rumor too. :P

I don't know where you got October from.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:19:23 PM by OSM »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2014, 05:43:31 PM »
This rumor could be like that thing with Shin Dracula X back in the late 90's. It creates a lot of hype but nothing ever comes of it. I'm not holding my breath for this. We'll all know "IF" and "WHEN" it actually comes out.

Also, if it's real, it would be a very horrid way of dessecrating IGA'S tomb.

In all fairness IGA had already desecrated CV's tomb with shoehorned stories, massive plotholes and almost anyone being able to kill Dracula.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2014, 05:49:32 PM »
I would hope for a new, traditional Castlevania game, but I don't see Konami doing that..

Furthermore, would they really make a Symphony sequel after the guy most linked to it in the public isn't there? I don't know; I think the only serious Castlevania experience we will be getting anytime soon will be Igarashi's efforts, and only if he goes in a gothic direction. Focusing on space aliens ain't gonna cut it. :P

The lack of Project Beast doesn't really denounce the listing, by the way. Project Beast was planned to be shown at last year's E3 event as a response to Microsoft's momentum. This changed, and was later planned to be revealed at TGS...which again, changed. However, it will be at this years event.

I will say one thing, though; I find it very hard to believe this list as the word Xenogears is still owned by Square-Enix, if I remember right.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:54:16 PM by Foffy »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2014, 06:29:10 PM »
(...) and almost anyone being able to kill Dracula.

That's actually an improvement. Fuck Belmonts limited gameplay, I was sick of it already.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2014, 07:09:32 PM »
Yeah, this sounds like straight up BS.
The Xenogears bit probably comes from the unnamed Xenoblade sequel that has already been revealed.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2014, 07:25:10 PM »
That's actually an improvement. Fuck Belmonts limited gameplay, I was sick of it already.
Except it was kind of the whole point. That only the Belmonts with vampire Killer, could end him. It diminishes his threat level otherwise. I like some of those spin offs myself, but lets be honest here, Dracula became a chew toy.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2014, 07:26:50 PM »
Except it was kind of the whole point. That only the Belmonts with vampire Killer, could end him. It diminishes his threat level otherwise. I like some of those spin offs myself, but lets be honest here, Dracula became a chew toy.
Well Dracula needs a certain level of weakness, otherwise you get OP stuff like LoS's Dracula. The Belmonts barely did anything to him in the end.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2014, 07:36:15 PM »
The magic of the Belmont's struggle against Dracula is lost when others can wipe him out too.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2014, 07:40:47 PM »
+1
lol i see where this thread is going

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2014, 08:13:32 PM »
I was going to post about it but it seem that Im late. It seems to be somewhat real. Why? Because its popping everywhere with everyone acting like "I got this info, but I cant say who gave it to me", its common to act like that if you were the first to spread the news, but it seems that the trend is continuing and people in more than a place is acting a bit secretive.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything