Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Castlevanias Are Going to unveil This Summer?  (Read 23310 times)

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: New Castlevanias Are Going to unveil This Summer?
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2008, 07:08:55 PM »
Does anyone know exactly what day Konami's gamer day will be?
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »
HUZZAH!!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2008, 11:44:12 AM »
In Reply To #60

Yes, I am also excited.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Abster

• For the hell of it
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2008, 05:14:24 PM »
Finally, the first official info about Order of Ecclesia will be unveiled this week.  I've been itching for more screenshots and a trailer for a while now.

I can only wonder why they moved Konami Gamer's Day to the middle of May though?

And this will likely answer the question as to if CV Judgment is indeed the name for the Wii title.  If so I'm itching to hear the connectivity features between Judgment and Ecclesia.

I support the better animation required cause.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2008, 05:45:10 PM »
Finally, the first official info about Order of Ecclesia will be unveiled this week.  I've been itching for more screenshots and a trailer for a while now.

Or real screens if those weren't real

I can only wonder why they moved Konami Gamer's Day to the middle of May though?

Probably because if they would have had it in February, they wouldn't have anything ready for show. I'm glad they waited and just didn't cancel it all together
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2008, 06:15:18 PM »
Also, regarding the IGN announcement and this game called "Skate It", is it REALLY from a famous game franchise? I keep reading it's based on some new game called "Skate", which came out on Xbox a couple years back or something. Is it REALLY that big of a franchise? I never heard of it....EVER. I was thinking, "Hmmmm, a classic game connection?! Could this be related to the old Skate or Die games?!". Nah. Bummer. I could guess a LOT of people had hoped the IGN announcement was BIGGER than that. The sites forums I looked regarding that had people that kinda said the same thing, which question marks looming over their heads. "Skate It" what?!

So, is there any word on which day the event is taking place? All we know is it's in the coming week. Perhaps Friday or something?

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2008, 07:12:57 PM »
In Reply To #66

SRSLY?

You never heard of Skate?

It's EA produced and came out a couple years ago for X360. Skate's a total skateboarding simulation that many skaters appreciate the realistic physics of. It's like what Gran Turismo is to Ridge Racer -- makes Tony Hawk games seem unprofessional and cartoony.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2008, 09:51:10 AM »
Seriously, I never heard of it. I have heard of Cran Turismo and Tony Hawk, though. But as of now, no, I wasn't aware of it's existance. Though I can say the same about the Kid Klown series.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2008, 12:48:45 PM »

I thought Skate was released less than a year ago, like last october or something?  Or are there other, older games in the series too? Cause you all keep saying it was released "a couple of years ago".

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2008, 12:49:36 PM »
Or real screens if those weren't real

And if they were, I'm sure that Konami would just show us those, being completely oblivious to the leakage.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2008, 07:27:38 AM »
Don't get me wrong...

I wanna see the next Castlevania as much as anybody, but I'd gladly wait awhile to see IGA step up the quality control --particularly for a 3D game (if he makes another one).

It makes me nervous how Konami is pushing for a new Castlevania every year --while many of the best games ever made (including SotN) spend far more time in development.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2008, 06:31:42 PM »
In Reply To #71

IGA should not be the director on a 3D Cv project. He has proven himself unworthy.

Though, (sigh) he prolly is the director on one right now.

:(

"Observe their fates and learn well."

darksolgamer

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2008, 08:50:06 PM »
In Reply To #71

well even though we usually get around one Castlevania a year, the titles are usually good, and as for controls for 3D Castlevanias, CoD's controls were fine, but if you made them say like the DMC series, it would be great

Offline Abster

• For the hell of it
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2008, 09:10:46 PM »
Well, looks like Wednesday is Konami Gamer's Day, so be ready to be rocked!

I support the better animation required cause.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2008, 09:27:13 PM »
In Reply To #74

THANK YOU.  I've been looking since Friday for the date so.  I'm a little bummed cause I won't be home until 7 p.m. so by that point, everyone will have info and will have been able to talk about it for hours. :'(

Aw well.  Got something to look forward to when I get home!

And A N T R A X X, I'm *trying* to give IGA the benefit of the doubt on the 3D Castlevania but...:sigh:  Who knows, he might just wow us yet.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Tags: