Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Castlevania Advance Collection
« Last post by zangetsu468 on October 24, 2021, 04:27:11 PM »
And man, AOS is still so solid, almost as good as SOTN. One thing SOTN did, however, that none of the other Metroidvanias did for me was having such a smartly designed/themed castle that you automatically know what the area looks like from looking at the map screen. I can't do that with the GBA or DS games and kind of only vaguely remember where some areas are.

AOS>>>SOTN imho. In terms of gameplay(particularly how fluid the combos are), the souls system, the inclusion of boss rush & hard modes and the fact that it had a more robust in-game plot - rather than a backstory which simply set up the game. The castle layout and boss fights I also personally prefer.

The main 3 areas where SOTN outshines is graphics, OST & sound quality and the artwork being more consistent. (And more playable characters if you count SS or PSP)
General Castlevania Discussion / Re: Castlevania Advance Collection
« Last post by Abnormal Freak on October 24, 2021, 03:22:35 PM »
I got absorbed into Circle after reminding myself why I don't like Dracula X. I'll hit Harmony and Aria to see what special changes they made to those before I do my review on ICVD.

Are there changes? I played through AOS and it's exactly the same as I remembered, emulated to the last detail (except with an annoying overlay when you start the game showing you the menu and start buttons). The menu with a bestiary/items list is the only thing additional, but I did turn off the hints system or whatever.

And man, AOS is still so solid, almost as good as SOTN. One thing SOTN did, however, that none of the other Metroidvanias did for me was having such a smartly designed/themed castle that you automatically know what the area looks like from looking at the map screen. I can't do that with the GBA or DS games and kind of only vaguely remember where some areas are.
That would be another oddball decision on their part  :-\
Off Topic / Re: A&W introduces the 3/9 lb. Burger
« Last post by X on October 24, 2021, 10:32:28 AM »
Haven't had an A&W stand in my area for close to 40 years, so looks like this one is a no go for me.

I got that same feeling with Dairy Queen...  :'(
« Last post by Bloodreign on October 24, 2021, 03:32:25 AM »
Haven't had an A&W stand in my area for close to 40 years, so looks like this one is a no go for me.
Also kinda annoying how Christopher wasn’t included. They could’ve just ripped his updated sprite from Adventure ReBirth.

Speaking of which, that game is still locked within the Wii eShop and is no longer available for download. So if you have it on your wii, that’s the only way to play it. That pisses me off.

They’ll probably add it to the next Castlevania Collection, which will likely be “Castlevania DS Collection”, the way DX was added to Advance Collection.
Fan Stuff / Re: prunyuu~
« Last post by JR on October 23, 2021, 09:41:39 PM »
Has anyone added any new items to their collections lately?

Last couple of things I bought were the Simon & Richter Amiibo figures. I see other unique CV stuff here n there, but none of it seems official

Same here for the Richter Amiibo. I haven't bought anything Castlevania-related for a while, other than the digital collection releases.

I did get a top-lit glass display case, though. Found it at work on one of the trash docks, ready to be tossed. I think it was used in the gift shop at some point. Anyway, I'm in the process of replacing the missing shelves and painting over the marquee on it (it currently says "Country Artists" at the top, so my wife is going to black it out and paint some sprite stuff over it). Just bought a bunch of display stands for my CV books, CDs, games, etc., to go into it. I'll post a pic once it's done.
« Last post by JR on October 23, 2021, 09:31:38 PM »
Heh, I've heard about their previous 1/3lb burger. I guess addressing why it failed previously is probably the best thing they could've done to reintroduce it. And the name change is kind of funny.
« Last post by Gunlord on October 23, 2021, 06:30:37 PM »
This is /myburger/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10