Poll

Should there be a Belnades Spin-off Game?

Yes
9 (75%)
No
1 (8.3%)
I don't know, my mind was recently invaded by a dark priest.
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Should there be a Belnades Spin-off Game?  (Read 13564 times)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Should there be a Belnades Spin-off Game?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 09:18:08 PM »
i want to know how yoko's related to the Belnades that helped defeat Dracula, and what exactly they did to help defeat him.  They couldn't be talking about Sypha, right, otherwise she'd have a different last name unless some weird intermarrying too place. 

Yoko must have come from a long line of male Belnades.  We haven't seen any of them.  I can imaging i line a male carriers of magic power (but perhaps unable to use it themselves) who pass down power through their daughters. 
Well, we don't know anything about Sypha's past or relatives.  Yoko is likely a descendant of one of Sypha's relatives.  I doubt that the Belnades powers can only be used by women.  It's possible that a lot of the Belmonts' power comes from the Belnades blood flowing through them.  I mean you see what Juste is capable of.  You can't say that that is purely fueled by the Belmont power.  I think the reason the Belmonts are the most powerful vampire hunters is because of the union between the Belmont and Belnades families (Trevor marrying Sypha).
Perhaps some games centered around the Belnades family could answer some of these questions.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 09:38:37 PM »
I want to know why someone in a family called "Belnades" is named fucking YOKO.

Offline Belmondo

• A Miserable Little Pile of Secrets
  • Die Monster! You don't belong in this world!
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 09:39:56 PM »
I feel like the resources used to make a Belnades game would be better used making another Belmont game.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 09:43:22 PM »
um, cause she grew up in Japan to keep watch on the shrine?

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 09:48:06 PM »
I think a Belnades would be a great main character. There would be lots of great magic to use

I was thinking the same, the magic would bring in a new element to gameplay. I want to see the extent of the Belnades' powers. I do not believe wielding fire, ice, and lightning is their limit.

^ It's probably because Yoko is born in Japan, since the Sorrow games took place in Japan.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 11:47:37 AM »
I was thinking the same, the magic would bring in a new element to gameplay. I want to see the extent of the Belnades' powers. I do not believe wielding fire, ice, and lightning is their limit.

That would be interesting.  And even if wielding fire, ice, and lightning were the only elements that they wield, they probably have a wide variety of spells that they use.  I'm also willing to bet that the Belmont "item crush" capability comes from the Belnades family.  I'd love to see a game in which a Belnades creates an ice storm that pwns all the surrounding enemies.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 04:21:46 PM »
Leon's orb system seems to be related to item crushing.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 08:09:14 PM »
um, cause she grew up in Japan to keep watch on the shrine?

Oh yeah huh. Fair 'nuff. I'm still a bit confused because she does not look any part Japanese at all, like her parents just lived there.

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 09:13:42 PM »
Leon's orb system seems to be related to item crushing.

Couldn't Trevor Item Crush as well?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 02:40:47 AM »
Couldn't Trevor Item Crush as well?

Yes he was, on Curse of Darkness.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 11:00:47 AM »

Yes he was, on Curse of Darkness.

Do you recon sypha might have taught trevor something?

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 11:05:59 AM »
Do you recon sypha might have taught trevor something?
That's what I think.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 11:29:03 AM »
Usually, games that they don't have a Belmont as the main protagonist, are consider spin-offs. Either from Konami or by fans, because they are showing side stories and to tell you the truth, i don't care if it is a spin-off or a main game, as long as it is fun to play with it.

I've never heard about games like Symphony of the Night, Bloodlines, Curse of Darkness, and so on being referred to as spin-offs, but alright. I guess that's one way to refer to them.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »
I've never heard about games like Symphony of the Night, Bloodlines, Curse of Darkness, and so on being referred to as spin-offs, but alright. I guess that's one way to refer to them.
I doubt that SotN could be considered a spin-off.  I mean it actually contributes to the overall storyline unlike CoD.  Bloodlines could go either way.  The only reason that is could be considered a part of the main story is that its sequel (PoR) partially ties it into why the Belmonts are gone until 1999.  To me, a CV spin-off is a CV game that doesn't contribute at all to the overall storyline.  Examples of this are: CoD and DoS.

Offline capkcan

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 06:46:28 PM »
thanks guys I'll stay on longer  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Tags:

anything