Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: [Netflixvania] Castlevania X: The Demon Castle Legend Cut  (Read 6484 times)

Offline Jeepy

• Devil Summoner
  • Hunter in Training
  • 死んでいいよ、いやいやまじで
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: [Netflixvania] Castlevania X: The Demon Castle Legend Cut
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2023, 08:00:25 AM »
Small update:
-Classic Konami logo is now remade in widescreen.
-Added the church cross from The Castle of Cagliostro to the CV3-like prologue (at the frame with Trevor kneeling near the ruins, so now it looks more like the opening scene from CV3, where Trevor prays in front of the same cross).
-Other small improvements.

(Main download link updated)
MEGIDOLAON!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2023, 08:54:01 AM »
I just remembered something. Even if there isn't enough footage for Trevor to fight Dracula there was a scene where Trevor did give Dracula a rather heavy blow with the Vampirekiller. That scene could be used to the effect as the final Deathblow against Dracula.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 10:06:22 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jeepy

• Devil Summoner
  • Hunter in Training
  • 死んでいいよ、いやいやまじで
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2023, 01:01:52 AM »
You mean the one when Trevor strikes Dracula after Sypha traps his leg with ice spikes? It's already used when the trio arrives to Dracula's room, and re-editing it to the very end in Alucard's room might look a little awkward, but it might work. Thanks for the feedback!
MEGIDOLAON!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2023, 10:06:49 AM »
Welcome  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2023, 10:40:31 PM »
I think this be cool but watch a bit of it, and the voices are way too low sadly. makes it un watchable. you have to not get too carried away with the music too the point it drowns out the voices. but looks pretty cool. it cut off when Trevor met the learners or whatever their called. might download but 15 gbs. I hope this has 6 channel audio for such a big file size if not no reason for such a big file. anyway thank you for the work.

Offline Jeepy

• Devil Summoner
  • Hunter in Training
  • 死んでいいよ、いやいやまじで
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2023, 04:50:53 AM »
I remember trying to re-balance the sound channels, so both the voices could be audible and the music not being way too loud, but it's pretty hard, since the original show's sound channel had music on its own (and trying to remove it with an AI doesn't work perfectly most of the time, as it cuts out some sound effects and such),
 and to some degree I wanted to switch focus on the added music from the games (since Castlevania games always were known for godlike melodic and melodramatic soundtracks),
 so I decided to settle on what sounded acceptable for my ears (being able to hear characters' voices and listen to the added music without any distractions). Maybe I just got so used to it I didn't notice it.  :P

In any case, thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll see what can be done to improve the sound balance.

It's a 4 hour long film, so 15 gigabyte file size should be excusable, I hope. You can download it pretty fast from the main link on Dropmefiles.
MEGIDOLAON!

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2023, 10:17:21 AM »
I never realized Castlevania has it's own "Should Moon or Venus kill Beryl"

Does now! XD

Tally another with the "where's Grant?", "Dracula's War Council made no sense", "WTF new random monsters instead of harvesting the Monster Dictionary", "Carmilla's clique was a waste of effort (even if Lenore's the hottest thing this side of Venus Weed)", and "the final season could've been A LOT shorter" sentiments. 

Slogra and Gaibon aside, after the three-part was finally done, disaster was to follow...according to my perspective, of course.  We're left in the end with a noteworthy, high-quality production accessible to everyone.  At the expense of those who know better.  Ey, they tried and it was an honest to goodness try. 

But it's one of those things I'll have to grin and bear forever (like so many things I've lived to see spoil).  As Portrait of Ruin, the adaptation had a lot of potential and awesome stuff going on but wound up tremendously flawed if you're showing up with expectations so calibrated as N's marketing commanded. 

Then we have scenes like this:

Cleopatra: Carmilla's house is on fire.
Guts: Yeah, I'm tired of fighting.  Let's elope.
::they leave::

Hrumph. 

Or one of my favorites:

Zobek or Something, friend of ANOTHER NEW CHARACTER WITH PETS IRRELEVANT TO CASTLEVANIA: DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!  LIKE AND SUBSCRI--
::gets hung up on::

I'm intrigued to see this edit, it'll be fun to see how it runs with the fluff excised. 

Unlike how the Rondo preview left me curious about what of its robust cast and worldview will be ignored and supplanted.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2023, 04:43:37 PM »
I remember trying to re-balance the sound channels, so both the voices could be audible and the music not being way too loud, but it's pretty hard, since the original show's sound channel had music on its own (and trying to remove it with an AI doesn't work perfectly most of the time, as it cuts out some sound effects and such),
 and to some degree I wanted to switch focus on the added music from the games (since Castlevania games always were known for godlike melodic and melodramatic soundtracks),
 so I decided to settle on what sounded acceptable for my ears (being able to hear characters' voices and listen to the added music without any distractions). Maybe I just got so used to it I didn't notice it.  :P

In any case, thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll see what can be done to improve the sound balance.

It's a 4 hour long film, so 15 gigabyte file size should be excusable, I hope. You can download it pretty fast from the main link on Dropmefiles.

well take it from me if you got a blu ray with 5.1 6 channels. you can get the audio without the music. I myself took both Chinese movies monkey king 2014 and monkey king 2 2016 and removed the Chinese and then Dubbed them in English. most of Monkey king 2014 was done with the soundtrack, but part two was done with blu ray 6 channel audio. some sounds I was unable to remove. but most of the 28 minutes I did for MK2 before my pc died and they did a Dub of their own. lol was clean audio.

I will link the download in this reply if anyone wants to see them in English. also proof I know what I'm saying. you can watch the second movie online but got to download the first probably because of the two hour run time.

anyway if you should be able to rip the blu ray audio and use a program like Audacity to get the center track from the 6th audio channel track. it would be really nice to her the voices better. I did enjoy the old school Castlevania audio in the show. I plan to watch more now that I downloaded the 15gb file. take care

Monkey King 2014 English Dub.
https://www.4shared.com/s/fGYJkcJJkba

Monkey King 2 2016 28 minute English Dub.
https://www.4shared.com/s/fSyFNFOPEba

Tags: Netflix 

anything