Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kokoro Belmondo  (Read 52574 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: June 11, 2010, 09:21:14 AM »
Kiyuhito blogged on the Castlevania wiki that a character called "Kokoro Belmondo" (Heart Belmont?) would be available as downloadable content to the upcoming XBLA side-shooter parody/mascot game OtomediusX (Excellent!).  It's a sequel to Otomedius, which basically takes female personifications of other Konami franchises and places them in a side shooter. 

* page for new game: http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/otome_x/
* wikipedia entry on original game:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otomedius
* famitsu article:  http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1236119_1407.html

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:41:47 AM »
How should we fell about this?   :-\

Everything comes full circle

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:57:21 AM »
LOL, Often the self parody of Konami. It is not unusual, range of the expectation.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:15:39 AM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 10:12:47 AM »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 10:24:22 AM »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 10:35:10 AM »
....HOW IS SHE A BELMONT.

WTF KONAMI

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 10:52:55 AM »
It's just one of those parody characters like Kid Dracula and Pumpkin. She looks more interesting then Gabriel though~         

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »
She's a little over the top for a Belmont however the person who came up with her obviously clued in to what some fans out there wanted to see whereas IGA still has yet to.  :P

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 11:01:05 AM »
It's just one of those parody characters like Kid Dracula and Pumpkin. She looks more interesting then Gabriel though~        
...I kind of want her to get her own game.

Just because of how retarded it would probably be.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 11:17:27 AM »
A new Akumajou Special would be fun. 

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 11:31:50 AM »
In your most f***d up dreams :P

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 11:44:17 AM »
...I kind of want her to get her own game.

Just because of how retarded it would probably be.
Who knows, it could be fun if they'd do such a thing. Imagine it being like that fan game that kinda looked all anime and CV-ish? I could imagine it being totally cutesy anime take on CV, where Dracula is either a bishounen guy who Kokoro secretly has the hots for, or is Lady Dracula, a sexy black-hearted vamp finding Kokoro as being an annoying brat that seems to foil her plans. I'm totally imagining something bright and pastel-colored! LOL! ;D But yeah, even if it had candy coating flavor that would rot your teeth your teeth in an instant, if the gameplay was good, I think I would give it a try. I mean, in some instances, look be damned. I've played and enjoyed my fair share of cutesy, cheery, kawaii-games, even though I had to gargle with Listerine after each play.

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Kokoro Belmondo
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 01:23:03 PM »
Garbage.

Also, whoever made that smart-alec quip about the "character" looking more interesting than Gabriel should probably just ditch Castlevania altogether and stick to playing freaking Touhou or something.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »
as far as bishoujo go, she's the least interesting of the bunch from that game to me.  the other ones were really cute or a bit hot, but she's just, well, makes me feel sorry for her and seems a bit clutsy.  maybe that's what they're going for?  maybe if she didn't look like she was wearing diapers and a bib?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 03:09:20 PM »
WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN

anything