Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kokoro Belmondo  (Read 53226 times)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2011, 09:49:29 PM »
BTW, not everyone on here might be American.
Case in point. *Points to self and Pemburu*
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2011, 10:10:49 PM »
Oh, I is a silly foreigner too  :)

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
Re: Kokoro Belmondo
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2011, 10:57:35 PM »
BTW, not everyone on here might be American.

Also, I liked the 90's D:
ehe. i probably should've noticed that, but i could've sworn the ones complaining are the ones that are american. I should probably be a little more specific next time :P

And i liked the 90's too, but i'm not really bashing it. I meant to state that during that time, when video games were shipped from japan to the US, they did some alternate art to make the manual's artwork less anime-ish or less japanese and make them more mainly or american or whatever you want to call it. Maybe a good example would be Final Fantasy Legend's manual art.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2011, 11:49:17 PM »
You know, it'd be easy to put Simon or Richter in the game if it wasn't an all female cast. Which is why they just created Kokoro to represent the castlevania series. The same could be said about the fuuma girl.

Then the solution is simple: Sonia Belmont. She's not unknown and is recognized by many (myself included) as a popular Belmont. And I think she could fit the cuteness part if she were scaled down to a somewhat 'Chibi' look.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2011, 12:03:11 AM »
I'm not sure I'd call Sonia popular. More like people are interested in her because she was "erased" completely (and she is so far the only female Belmont even mentioned).

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2011, 12:25:02 AM »
what 90's had mostly Americanized Anime Games? I remember the 90's having hand Drawn Stuff with loads of effort.
you must be talking about the 00's

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2011, 12:30:47 AM »
That and the characters representing a series are completely made up for that game, so adding Sonia would look too awkward. And for the above mentioned.

Though as far as characters representing a series, it seems the fuuma girl and kokoro are the only ones who are representing other konami games cause i don't see any other girl representing any other series. Though maybe i'm wrong, aside from maybe one of them representing the vic viper.

what 90's had mostly Americanized Anime Games? I remember the 90's having hand Drawn Stuff with loads of effort.
you must be talking about the 00's
There's a number of video games that were ported to the US that had animeish art in Japan but had different artwork when it was ported to the US. Look at Final Fantasy Legend to see what i mean. Btw, i meant artwork, not anime games in general. Though a good example of an anime game fully becoming americanized is one of the ranma games for the snes.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2011, 12:41:07 AM »
There's a number of video games that were ported to the US that had animeish art in Japan but had different artwork when it was ported to the US. Look at Final Fantasy Legend to see what i mean. Btw, i meant artwork, not anime games in general. Though a good example of an anime game fully becoming americanized is one of the ranma games for the snes.

Oh I see, Like the Megaman Games (Which were complete Shit)
 and that Piece of Shit "Final Fantasy Legends" we got was Fucking Sa-Ga, I see what you mean now how we got screwed on that end.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2011, 12:53:49 AM »
Oh I see, Like the Megaman Games (Which were complete Shit)
 and that Piece of Shit "Final Fantasy Legends" we got was Fucking Sa-Ga, I see what you mean now how we got screwed on that end.
We did.
So those that are complaining about the character design of this game should just go back and marvel the artwork that was done in the 80's and late 90's for video games. And if this game were to have that kind of artwork, i'm sure they'd love it cause then all the characters in the game would look like 30-40 year olds with muscles and energy legs. And they'd take away the cute and replace it with tough and manly. That or artwork that'll only appeal to american girls and not its intended audience.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2011, 08:03:22 AM »
this thread needs to die already

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2011, 08:43:11 AM »
We did.
So those that are complaining about the character design of this game should just go back and marvel the artwork that was done in the 80's and late 90's for video games. And if this game were to have that kind of artwork, i'm sure they'd love it cause then all the characters in the game would look like 30-40 year olds with muscles and energy legs. And they'd take away the cute and replace it with tough and manly. That or artwork that'll only appeal to american girls and not its intended audience.

Uh, well..not really. Depends on the context. This is ok, because it's a parody, but I think most can agree that the animeish style of DoS and PoR could have used a big enema of The Western. And I personally consider the initial "barbarian" style of CV superior to some of Ayami Kojima's CV illustrations. It's not always a bad thing. Especially in a game series like CV it would be logical to assume the protagonists need to be buff and suited for combat, not to look like they're allergic to sunlight and all cloned from Alucard's DNA.

That's one of the (few) things I liked about LoS. Gabriel looks like someone who can rip and tear and he's suited accordingly.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2011, 10:08:52 AM »
Then the solution is simple: Sonia Belmont. She's not unknown and is recognized by many (myself included) as a popular Belmont. And I think she could fit the cuteness part if she were scaled down to a somewhat 'Chibi' look.
The character needs to fit the game's character style too. Kokoro fits the style.

Do remember this game also tales place in the future, and Kokoro is supposed to be a Belmont from the far future.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2011, 01:33:23 PM »
Uh, well..not really. Depends on the context. This is ok, because it's a parody, but I think most can agree that the animeish style of DoS and PoR could have used a big enema of The Western. And I personally consider the initial "barbarian" style of CV superior to some of Ayami Kojima's CV illustrations. It's not always a bad thing. Especially in a game series like CV it would be logical to assume the protagonists need to be buff and suited for combat, not to look like they're allergic to sunlight and all cloned from Alucard's DNA.

That's one of the (few) things I liked about LoS. Gabriel looks like someone who can rip and tear and he's suited accordingly.
True. Not all of CV's artwork in the past weren't that bad or were better. I kinda liked the barbarian style than the style of some Belmonts have today. Though i kinda meant games other than castlevania that got that treatment.

The character needs to fit the game's character style too. Kokoro fits the style.

Do remember this game also tales place in the future, and Kokoro is supposed to be a Belmont from the far future.
Yep. And if Sonia was in the game, she'd be way out of place cause of the time period she came from and the fact she's not original.
this thread needs to die already
u mad bro?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »
TL;DR, people need to grow up and just drop it. Its a parody character in a light hearted game about cute girls and shit. Here's your shades, now deal with it.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2011, 04:56:30 PM »
u mad bro?

nah it's just these arguments are pretty pointless...

anything