Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kokoro Belmondo  (Read 53232 times)

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2011, 06:21:14 AM »
I don't understand how this character can be more popular than Angela.

I mean, at least Angela was in Castlevania.

Featuring in an actually good game helps.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2011, 06:53:07 AM »
No, you were just wrong.
Still couldnt resist. And the fact is, he STILL became a grim dark anti hero.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2011, 06:56:39 AM »
Well, technically we don't know if Kid Dracula is a parody of Alucard.

so whatever

Featuring in an actually good game helps.

What has that do with anything?   

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2011, 06:58:58 AM »
Quite a lot.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2011, 07:01:36 AM »
Explain then, Pickle. 

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2011, 07:11:45 AM »
garble

Good game --> popularity --> characters become popular too. Shitty game --> no popularity --> no one cares about the characters.

It's not an universal rule but pretty basic cause-and-effect logic nonetheless!

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2011, 07:17:01 AM »
Oh, I thought you meant a character must star in a good game to be likeable. Ok.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2011, 11:45:51 AM »
They're called bloomers.

Thanks! Had a hard time remembering what they were called  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2011, 06:15:18 PM »

WTF is up with the sexy comments? Research the game before you open your pieholes! There are only like 2 or 3 characters in Otomedius that are at least 18. Most of the characters look cute and not sexy BECAUSE THEY'RE YOUNG GIRLS NOT OLDER THAN 16. And get over the hate already, WTF do you haters care if Konami puts a CV parody character in a parody game that you're not likely to ever play anyway? How does that affect in any way the CV franchise? It doesn't, foo!

Oh, so they're young? Grrr...no cougars for me ~_~ I've lost interest in Otomedius now :p

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
Re: Kokoro Belmondo
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2011, 06:35:48 PM »

WTF is up with the sexy comments? Research the game before you open your pieholes! There are only like 2 or 3 characters in Otomedius that are at least 18. Most of the characters look cute and not sexy BECAUSE THEY'RE YOUNG GIRLS NOT OLDER THAN 16. And get over the hate already, WTF do you haters care if Konami puts a CV parody character in a parody game that you're not likely to ever play anyway? How does that affect in any way the CV franchise? It doesn't, foo!
Well said.
All these hate comments directed at a parody character from a parody game is just like taking a joke seriously.

Just shows how corrupt castlevania's fanbase is...

Well, like I said above, I don't think she's sexy, but she is pretty "cute," if ya know the difference.
I think she was intended to be cute, not sexy. people need to get that through their thick skulls.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Colin B.

• Hunter in Training
  • Belmont sturtin'
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2011, 07:23:41 AM »
I think she was intended to be cute, not sexy. people need to get that through their thick skulls.

Was the game intended for a younger audience? The girl reminds me of one of the girls designed for Pokemon. I like the design. I think it works well.

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2011, 06:15:40 PM »
Was the game intended for a younger audience? The girl reminds me of one of the girls designed for Pokemon. I like the design. I think it works well.
The game is geared towards people around the teen demographic, least the ones that loves shmups. And its not recommended for people who hate animu illustrations in general or parody games that doesn't take itself seriously. (which is like 80% of the people in this thread)
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2011, 03:58:51 AM »
Also, what has this to do with IGA?

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2011, 04:02:28 AM »
WTF is up with the sexy comments? Research the game before you open your pieholes! There are only like 2 or 3 characters in Otomedius that are at least 18. Most of the characters look cute and not sexy BECAUSE THEY'RE YOUNG GIRLS NOT OLDER THAN 16.

*Awkward silence*

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2011, 01:26:50 PM »
I said teen demographic, nobody said it was directed towards us older gamers unless we're into that kind of thing or just for the shmup itself.

Did i mention this is japan we're talking about? concerning the character design i mean.