Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Kokoro Belmondo  (Read 53232 times)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2011, 01:52:34 PM »
cute not loli.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
Re: Kokoro Belmondo
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2011, 06:14:19 PM »
Many people here don't know the difference between cute and loli (least that's what i think)i. i guess you can blame their amaricanized minds (or whatever).

Though it can go with both, but cute does not always equal loli.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2011, 09:54:37 PM »
Many people here don't know the difference between cute and loli (least that's what i think)i. i guess you can blame their amaricanized minds (or whatever).

Though it can go with both, but cute does not always equal loli.

this is true.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2011, 02:51:13 AM »
Well yeah, cultural differences blahblach etc. How about weeaboos? Think they know the difference between disturbing and what is just cute in Japanese pop culture? Sure, American / Western culture has sickening double standards, but some things are, IMO, alright to counter the effects of "japanization". Absolutely ridiculous plots in video games being one example. I can honestly say that MGS4 overloaded my tolerance when it comes to some of the aspects of the Japanese way of storytelling.

Point being that just cuz some people spend their days watching Sailor Moon or whatnot, they think they're qualified to call people ignorant for staying alert when it comes to childish characters. Especially when it comes from a country whose women do their darndest to appear childish to attract men  :-\

Wasn't directed especially at anyone. And I don't consider that CV character loli. But I can kind of understand how someone might mistake it for one.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:53:10 AM by A-Yty »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2011, 03:42:51 AM »
Well yeah, cultural differences blahblach etc. How about weeaboos? Think they know the difference between disturbing and what is just cute in Japanese pop culture? Sure, American / Western culture has sickening double standards, but some things are, IMO, alright to counter the effects of "japanization". Absolutely ridiculous plots in video games being one example. I can honestly say that MGS4 overloaded my tolerance when it comes to some of the aspects of the Japanese way of storytelling.

the reason MGS4 Failed in my book was the over-complication of events and Constant feed of useless information JUST to tell the story.
(IMO MGS3 did everything right)

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2011, 09:17:52 AM »
MGS4 didn't really bug me until the end. Maybe my brain is too numb from the Kingdom Hearts story.  :-\ I never understood why they try to make these extravagant plots.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2011, 10:31:48 AM »
What were we talking about again?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2011, 01:08:24 PM »
i don't know. the title of this thread obviously reads "kokoro belmondo", not "metal gear solid 4's story is crap". But it seems they're talking about the latter rather than the titled subject.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2011, 01:58:36 PM »
Kokoro Belmont. My personal feelings on the subject as to why many of us are so biased towards her is probably due to the fact that she is a unknown who suddenly popped up out of nowhere to represent a franchise in a parody shoot 'em up game. Maybe it would've been better if the CV series' representative was one of the Belmonts we already know and is vastly popular. Say Simon, Trevor or even Richter.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2011, 02:07:53 PM »
Kokoro Belmont. My personal feelings on the subject as to why many of us are so biased towards her is probably due to the fact that she is a unknown who suddenly popped up out of nowhere to represent a franchise in a parody shoot 'em up game. Maybe it would've been better if the CV series' representative was one of the Belmonts we already know and is vastly popular. Say Simon, Trevor or even Richter.
You know, it'd be easy to put Simon or Richter in the game if it wasn't an all female cast. Which is why they just created Kokoro to represent the castlevania series. The same could be said about the fuuma girl.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2011, 03:52:39 PM »

*Awkward silence*

So. That's 1 character.
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2011, 03:57:26 PM »
I find it hilarious that people are freaking out over under-aged Ink on paper.

Offline Deko21

• Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2011, 04:39:18 PM »
People freak out from the simplest things. They're just mad because its not american enough.
If they want that kind of artwork then they should just go back to the 90's where most games that had anime-ish artstyles were americanized.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2011, 09:00:35 PM »
I find it hilarious that people are freaking out over under-aged Ink on paper.
From Japan no less.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2011, 09:01:37 PM »
People freak out from the simplest things. They're just mad because its not american enough.
If they want that kind of artwork then they should just go back to the 90's where most games that had anime-ish artstyles were americanized.
BTW, not everyone on here might be American.

Also, I liked the 90's D: