Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 273939 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #645 on: October 20, 2014, 04:19:31 PM »
Lmao i feel ya on zelda 2, sooo much potential there!  I actually considered looking at a 3D remake of Link to the Past...maybe another day hahaha.  As for the beta, that'll be the only thing that breaks dude, with all you guys helping me out i'll fix all these issues and we'll all have a fully functioning CV3 remake to ware out!  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #646 on: October 20, 2014, 04:31:30 PM »
Lmao i feel ya on zelda 2, sooo much potential there!  I actually considered looking at a 3D remake of Link to the Past...maybe another day hahaha.  As for the beta, that'll be the only thing that breaks dude, with all you guys helping me out i'll fix all these issues and we'll all have a fully functioning CV3 remake to ware out!  8)

yeah zelda 2 could be a great game if you all believe the same guy who made Castlevania 2 revamped Mr metroidquest started working on a zelda 2 game.
here's the youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay4UDrEHJJM

but guess he couldn't get any help :'(
and BTW a 3D remake of Link to the Past would be cool as hell too ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #647 on: October 20, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »
Oh that's just for future possibilities, i have a few cool ideas up my sleeve once this is fine tuned and released  ;) one being one of my all time favorite games, can't reveal too much because there may be a surprise in my game if im able to pull off what i want to getting into 3D.  8)

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #648 on: October 20, 2014, 05:24:45 PM »
Speaking of Zelda II, you music fans should check this out. It sounds amazing with headphones :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkILY7IcjG0

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #649 on: October 20, 2014, 05:34:06 PM »
Could you give us hotkeys that do things such as insantly refill health, cycle weapons, etc.? For testing purposes only, of course.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #650 on: October 20, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »
Could you give us hotkeys that do things such as insantly refill health, cycle weapons, etc.? For testing purposes only, of course.
Sadly i didnt add the health refill, weapons etc but there is a quick pass if the game happens to lock/freeze/break - press page up and it kicks you to the next frame and also the number keys will take you to different stages as well as f3-f7.

EDIT: Also, i have NO idea why this happened, but some of my stage boundaries just disappeared, i've tracked those down and added them again so that much is fixed lol, as well as the bone pillar speed.  Its a gradual speed up, which gives the player more mercy that was needed from the start lol.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:42:04 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #651 on: October 20, 2014, 05:40:35 PM »

That's a great idea!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #652 on: October 20, 2014, 05:49:06 PM »
Actually i tell you what: let me refine Grant's climb again and double and triple check the boundaries condition and i'll add those to this....dont know WHY in the world i didn't think of it before being for test purposes lol.  I'll probably assign everything to the number pad to remove the possibility of skipping stages by mistake with the normal number keys lol.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #653 on: October 20, 2014, 06:05:22 PM »
Actually i tell you what: let me refine Grant's climb again and double and triple check the boundaries condition and i'll add those to this....dont know WHY in the world i didn't think of it before being for test purposes lol.  I'll probably assign everything to the number pad to remove the possibility of skipping stages by mistake with the normal number keys lol.

could you try to fix the climb from ceiling to side of wall I'm stuck there where you fall and die if you can't climb around right after the dead bull stage thanks

Edit
never mind i found out i was doing it wrong i just had to run off and fall and hit the other wall:P
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 06:23:51 PM by mgfcortez »

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #654 on: October 20, 2014, 06:06:58 PM »
Speaking of Zelda II, you music fans should check this out. It sounds amazing with headphones :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkILY7IcjG0

very cool:)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #655 on: October 20, 2014, 07:03:56 PM »
Found a bug: If the stage ends and I'm doing an action other than walking or standing, then it'll spawn me like I'm on stairs and I can't jump, whipping does no damage, and enemies will pile on top of me.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #656 on: October 20, 2014, 07:28:02 PM »
Found a bug: If the stage ends and I'm doing an action other than walking or standing, then it'll spawn me like I'm on stairs and I can't jump, whipping does no damage, and enemies will pile on top of me.
Is that when you are playing the game normally or when you press page up to skip frames?

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #657 on: October 20, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »
Is that when you are playing the game normally or when you press page up to skip frames?

Both. Mostly when I skip, and also when your meeting a character.

Offline BloodStorm83

• Awards
« Reply #658 on: October 21, 2014, 03:38:04 AM »
Hello all. I'm new to Castlevania dungeon forum but I'm totally into world of Castlevania - My first Castlevania game was Castlevania (NES) and that was back in the 80s. I always thought that Castlevania should stay 2d. That's why I'm so happy that people like BMC_WarMachine are working hard to create a Castlevania game that will please every fan. You guys really deserve our money. I'm tracking Castlevania CHronicles Dracula's Curse since 2013 and it looks great. Keep up the good work.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #659 on: October 21, 2014, 06:00:50 AM »
i have an suggestion.. coud your guys add an wall jump (like batman of NES) to Grant, as well an jump animation to Monster grant? (one frame is sufficient.)

Ah, about the bone pillar, i've noticed these issues..
*continues firing after death
*the shot speed need to be slowed down
*cannot change colors when hit

others minor issues..
*alucard cannot deactive your bat metamorphosis
*alucard can surpass walls in the bat form, when he returns to normal inside a wall, you will stuck until you return the bat form.

dont press nothing when dead (by enemies or fall in a pit), because will stuck the game.

BMC, You prefer get the bugs list via PM or posting here?

ice shards appears randomly in some areas

*ghost ship area 2
*ghost ship area 3
*swamp area 1
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:33:10 AM by eryson »

Tags: