Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: America's Economy  (Read 10629 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 11:23:54 AM »
Here's a fun little way you can change a republican's mind about free healthcare. You meet a republican and talk with him about healthcare. You tell him the reasons why it both good and beneficial. If he starts making useless excuses then you get right to the point;

"Okay, let's say that you are right. So I decide to take all your money away so you have nothing. Then I bring about an 'accident' which puts you in the hospital; your life hanging by a thread. And the only way to save it is by paying for it. But since you have no money they put your life-saving surgery on the back burner while they tend to more 'profitable' patients. As they continue to receive the type healthcare that you currently adhere to, they get better while you're measly existence falters hour by hour, day by day, until you die of your extensive injuries and excruciating pain. Still feel that free healthcare's a bad thing now chicken little?"

I should send this south of the border just to satisfy my curiosity now  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »
My dad has recently given me this story he found on the internet. Supposed to be a true story, but I don't how much you can trust the liability of stories on the net.

Anyway... The story is quite long, so I'll make it short. Some journalist/blogger/whatever took an interview with a hobo living in Paris. The hobo has been living there for quite a while.
The man was an ex-political activist who lived in Latvia and escaped to France.
In France, he addressed the authorities, requesting to be acknowledged as a political refugee, since he's wanted in his home country for political reasons.
He was refused. The reason, as the authorities explained, is because Latvia is included in the EU and a country in the EU can't provide refuge to people from another country in the union.

However, as an EU resident, he was told that he may stay in France as long as he likes. Since he had no money, they gave him vouchers for free food in certain restaurant, and a place to sleep.
The guy quickly got used to living as a hobo and found a place under a bridge which he turned into his residence. He lived there for a long time, getting free food, free electricity in a nearby high-tech neighborhood, as well as showers, laundry, with nobody asking too much questions.

Furthermore- he travels anywhere for free. He buys no tickets, gets fined, and throws the fines away. Since he's not registered anywhere and has no residence, fines are useless. Flights are no problem either- signing just a few blanks, he may get a free flight to his homeland, or pretty much wherever he desires, as long as he gives a good reason for traveling. Also, the authorities provide him with a few hundred euros to spend there. After all, he IS a poor hobo.

Finding a job is not difficult, but he simply doesn't feel like working. Who can blame him? Free food, free residence, he can find anything he wants on the street- hey, it's Paris, you know.

And the catch? No catch.
This man is probably not alone.
The catch are the huge taxes the French are paying so the lovely communist hobo can live well. Sounds nice, doesn't it?  ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 01:49:30 PM by Drunken Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2011, 04:33:44 PM »
Yes, however said high taxes also cover the rest of the hard working nation.

And lets be honest, you know what also sounds nice?

That an illegal immigrant to the US and any politician, can get free healthcare, funded by OUR tax money, while we have to pay exorbitant prices for our own healthcare. Wheres the fairness in that? SO illegals and govt officials pay no money for their healthcare, but the rest of America not only does, but has to pay for them as well?  Either give the entire nation free healthcare, or nobody at all.

France right now has issues with it's healthcare system because they have lots of illegal immigrants from africa and regions thereof. they come all packed like sardines in a boat, and get caught by the authorities. Now go ask them where they came from.
Yeah. whats that? Oh they cant speak french and we dont know what the hell they are speaking, and they certainly are NOT going to tell where they came from.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2011, 05:35:42 PM »
not to mention Public enemies

Pearl harbor- Japanese Retaliate on a Blockade by attacking the country responisble
American side - Japs hate us and they deserve to die or be locked up!

9/11 - Due to some Complicated matters involving some events in the 80's, A small group in the middle east based in afganistan attacks america with an act of (real) Terrorism
American side - All Muslim People hate america!

I love how the media practically controls people without a sense of valid reason just so everyone could feel bad about themselves later on.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2011, 07:52:34 PM »
Japan attacked  the US to prevent the US Pacific Fleet from getting involved with military action they were planning in southeast Asia against the UK, Netherlands, and the US.

the US was mostly neutral in WW2 until japan attacked Pearl harbor. From there, the US joined the allies and went to war with Japan, and subsequently, had war declared on them by Italy and Germany, thus officially entering the Second World War.

But yeah. its sad how the media works today. And we thought Muckrakers were bad.

I wouldnt say the group was "small" by any means- and certainly not financially, considering they were able to pay for the whole thing, which cost them about  what, half a million, a million, something in the early millions range?

Dont forget they were also involved in the '93 bombing of the World Trade center Parking lot if Im correct.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 08:27:42 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline SenileSnake

• moron who becomes dracula
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: America's Economy
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »
can someone rename this topic to just "America"

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 01:36:28 PM »
Better yet, "United States of America". the US doesn't OWN the name "America" despite popular belief.  Everything from Chile and Argentina, to Canada, is "America". And "US" isnt exclusive either, as Mexico also shares the title as the United Mexican States.

hey, ever noticed good ol' Yankee country actually has NO NAME? Its just "the United States of America" Except Mexico is also the United Mexican States/United States of Mexico.

I for the life of me have never been able to fathom WHY my country has no REAL name. Most of the time it tends to assume it owns the name "America"

Offline SenileSnake

• moron who becomes dracula
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: America's Economy
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2011, 03:52:38 PM »
ok NORTH AMERICA then

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2011, 07:43:09 PM »
Canada is also North America.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2011, 09:14:30 PM »
Unfortunately, the system is so corrupt that the only way to change it is to tear it down and start from scratch, and the only way for that to happen at this point is a complete and utter chaotic meltdown of Biblical proportions.

Things are gonna get worse before they get better. I suggest that if any of you (in the USA) own your own home, that you learn to plant crops and raise chickens in your backyard.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2011, 10:14:07 PM »
And speak Chinese... Definitely learn to speak Chinese.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 07:51:51 AM »
You mean Mandarin or any other of the dozen languages of China? lol

Unfortunately, the system is so corrupt that the only way to change it is to tear it down and start from scratch, and the only way for that to happen at this point is a complete and utter chaotic meltdown of Biblical proportions.

Every time I read about politics I become more aware of the genius of certain political science fiction writers like Orwell and Asimov. What you just said is basically the storyline of Asimov's Foundation trilogy. (Only that it takes place in space and deals with planets and systems rather than with states.)
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2011, 07:25:02 AM »
How does "Normerican" sound? :)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2011, 08:05:32 AM »
Doesnt sound too catchy.

Tags: