Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Witcher Movie in 2017  (Read 4472 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: November 10, 2015, 02:18:50 AM »
From ComingSoon http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/629945-the-witcher-movie-in-development-for-2017-release

As developer CD Projekt RED continues to release content for this year’s popular The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, a film adaptation of the Andrzej Sapkowski novel series has been announced by The Sean Daniel Company, which previously produced The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, “The Expanse,” and the upcoming remake of Ben-Hur. They will co-produce the Witcher movie with Platige Films.

Academy Award nominated director Tomasz Bagiński (“The Cathedral”) will direct the film, having previously directed the opening cinematics for the first two games in the series. Thania St. John (“Grimm,” “Chicago Fire”) will pen the script for the Witcher movie, which will be based on themes from the short stories “The Witcher” and “Lesser Evil” from “The Last Wish” collection.

The Witcher movie will be an introduction to Geralt the witcher, a nomadic monster hunter for hire, and his duel world of men and beasts. The film is also being planned as the beginning of a television and film series with the first movie set for a world premiere in 2017. Jarosław Sawko and Piotr Sikora will be the producers from Platige Films’ side and Sean Daniel and Jason Brown from The Sean Daniel Company.

So..... I hope this one is not gonna fail or stay in development hell.
Comments?

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 02:58:27 AM »
It sounds like it will probably suck, as much as I hope it won't.  The Mummy 3 was terrible imo.  There's a Polish tv series version, Wiedzmin from 2002, which is both brilliant and terrible, with really bad special effects, some really bad acting at times, but stunning shooting locations.  Link to a playlist of all episodes with English subs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZlIMnIe9e0. 
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 03:14:22 AM »
This is the kind of idea that makes you wonder why they would even bother (well, okay, $$$). A movie couldn't ever hope to hold the depth that the games do. Same reason why it was a good thing that Metal Gear Solid never became a movie. Just way too much to fit into 90 minutes.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 10:22:27 AM »
The only reason that this is happening is because Hollywood has run out ideas, so they are looking to videogames for insperation- scratch that. *A-hem!* They are turning videogames into movies in order to make more cash. However they aren't succeeding in the eyes of the common folk because they have such terrible writers under their employ.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 12:17:17 PM »
Goign back to the original novels would probably work better than working from the games, and focsing on a specific story.  The whole plot with Ciri would work better if left to the tv series, unless it only has how Geralt ends up with her in the first place.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 08:56:30 AM »
From ComingSoon

So..... I hope this one is not gonna fail or stay in development hell.
Comments?

Sure, why not? :) if nothing else it might make them release more of the books in English. I still want to read those before I play the games.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 10:01:43 PM »
Sure, why not? :) if nothing else it might make them release more of the books in English. I still want to read those before I play the games.

Yeah. I haven't encountered even one book and I am not fond of reading via pdf.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 03:36:37 AM »
Goign back to the original novels would probably work better than working from the games, and focsing on a specific story.  The whole plot with Ciri would work better if left to the tv series, unless it only has how Geralt ends up with her in the first place.

Oops, I feel stupid...I completely forgot about the books...  :-X
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 09:42:58 AM »
+1
That's okay. I never even knew the Witcher games were based off novels  ;D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags:

anything