Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982498 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1335 on: May 23, 2015, 06:08:54 AM »
Thanks nagumo, I sent Iga-sama an ask :D let's see if I get featured!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1336 on: May 23, 2015, 11:15:14 AM »
Spriters! Get to work. :)
Yeah, gonna give this a go.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1337 on: May 23, 2015, 02:39:54 PM »
Hey, how do you get in contact to ask one of those questions to IGA? Is it on Twitter or the comment section on the Kickstarter page?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1338 on: May 23, 2015, 03:07:28 PM »
Hey, how do you get in contact to ask one of those questions to IGA? Is it on Twitter or the comment section on the Kickstarter page?
The Q&A videos use tweets. ;)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1339 on: May 24, 2015, 09:51:02 AM »
+1
Hmm...though this may be a little pessmisstic, here's an interesting post I found on how big kickstarters like IGA's might hurt smaller indie producers:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/19/8624665/big-indie-kickstarters-are-killing-actual-indies

It raises many of the points Uzo did earlier, like the amount of money kickstarter/publicity fees eat up, as well as the rapidly multiplying costs of producing even non-AAA games. Still, I'm not entirely sure I agree with all its points. The reason "big" kickstarters from people like IGA or Inafune get so much money is because those folks have a very proven track record of accomplishment, while the sad truth is that lesser-known indie devs are much more of a (perceived) risk. Which group would be more likely to see a return: A team of experienced developers led by someone with literally decades of experience and who already has 4.5 million dollars of investment, or some indie devs asking for just 10 thousand dollars but who have 5 years worth of experience working on unknown indie games? It's thereform understandable that 'big indies' get so much more attention than little ones.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1340 on: May 24, 2015, 10:51:16 AM »
THANKS A LOT, IGA

MORE LIKE EEGUH AM I RIGHT GUYS

FUCK THE JABRONI BLOODSTAINED GAME
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:55:44 AM by beingthehero »

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1341 on: May 24, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »
+1
Nobody fall for Polygon clickbait, please. I'd much rather have people who were in the industry but left because the niches they made games for just weren't "big enough" for the publishers who only have eyes for AAA (or mobile in Konami's case) use KS combined with other funding to make mid-budget games rather than have unknowns put only the amount they raise toward making a "symbolic" puzzle platformer or a narrative adventure game. Mid-budget games are generally the best of both worlds, at least to me, and are in far shorter supply than indies. They have enough budget to make something that is rather professional and up to a certain level of quality, while small enough that they can still have far more freedom in making the game and not catering to the widest audience possible like AAA games must. Every once and awhile an unknown will catch lightning in a bottle and make a good game with very little budget but it seems depressingly rare to me.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1342 on: May 24, 2015, 11:33:06 AM »
+1
Hey, who made that Miriam sprite in the banner? Looks good!
http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/19/8624665/big-indie-kickstarters-are-killing-actual-indies
No kidding? Big name, experienced devs are gonna get more attention and clout than, well, newbies? Who'da thought it..?

Polygon and Kotaku are click bait sites, I actively avoid both of them.

EDIT: Interview with Jim Sterling!

IGA: But even though the final $500,000 was going to be enough to create the game at its most basic level, our hope was that this would be our chance to raise enough support to actually afford all the extra content and special modes. At this rate, Bloodstained could be my magnum opus.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/05/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-interview-koji-igarashi/

There are a lot of other great comments by IGA too, I really like his rule on bosses. :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:55:55 AM by OSM »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1343 on: May 24, 2015, 12:06:21 PM »
+2
lol Polygon.

They are about as reliable as a fat person who told you they saved you the last slice of pizza.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Aiddon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #1344 on: May 24, 2015, 02:30:18 PM »
Nobody fall for Polygon clickbait, please. I'd much rather have people who were in the industry but left because the niches they made games for just weren't "big enough" for the publishers who only have eyes for AAA (or mobile in Konami's case) use KS combined with other funding to make mid-budget games rather than have unknowns put only the amount they raise toward making a "symbolic" puzzle platformer or a narrative adventure game. Mid-budget games are generally the best of both worlds, at least to me, and are in far shorter supply than indies. They have enough budget to make something that is rather professional and up to a certain level of quality, while small enough that they can still have far more freedom in making the game and not catering to the widest audience possible like AAA games must. Every once and awhile an unknown will catch lightning in a bottle and make a good game with very little budget but it seems depressingly rare to me.

I would say that just shows how problematic the industry is; basically devs can't stand the idea of doing mid-grade stuff, they have no idea of what middle ground is. It has to be either huge and loud or small and personal and because of that variety has gone to hell and anyone who just wants to do something different now has to turn to outside sources instead of traditional publishers. Pretty much the only company that runs the gamut of everything from small to "AAA" is Nintendo and one company can only do so much.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1345 on: May 24, 2015, 03:02:43 PM »
Yeah, I know Polygon's clickbait, but that article raised some of the points I'd seen others here mention, so I thought it wasn't that bad. But yeah, Aiddon, I think you also raise another good point--it seems that in recent years, the market's become increasingly polarized between triple A titles and "budget" ones, with the middle ground declining from what it used to be. :/

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #1346 on: May 24, 2015, 04:18:20 PM »
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=1914

Next you'll forget Ralph and Bloodreign. :(

...I miss Bloodreign.

Ohhhhhh...that guy. Pffft, hardly a memorable oldie. =P

Ralph and Bloodreign, however....can't forget those shitheads. <3

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1347 on: May 24, 2015, 06:12:21 PM »
Quote from: OSM
Hey, who made that Miriam sprite in the banner? Looks good!
[/quote]

i did 8)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1348 on: May 24, 2015, 06:48:15 PM »
+1
You did not.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1349 on: May 24, 2015, 06:54:24 PM »
On a somewhat related note, it does highlight how cramped the banner is, doesn't it? I mean seriously, she doesn't even get a standing spot for crying out loud. :V
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Tags: