Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: High Score thread: The Return  (Read 279724 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2011, 05:57:27 PM »

365580 for Bareknuckle 3.
Bloodreign-sama, can you credit my Streets of Rage 2 score to my Hero account since i no longer use my Azmodan account?

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2011, 12:19:03 AM »
Updated, but what system, Genesis, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection PS 3 or 360?

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #137 on: October 16, 2011, 08:33:14 AM »
Genesis/Megadrive.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: October 16, 2011, 01:50:14 PM »
Thanks and updated.

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Waffles are pretty great
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2011, 02:52:37 AM »

Touhou 6 The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil - Normal Mode - Reimu (A) mode - 28,156,680

Played with only one credit, on a PC.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: October 25, 2011, 11:42:31 PM »
Thread updated.

Also ewwwwww Touhou, now try R-Type.

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »
Thread updated.

Also ewwwwww Touhou, now try R-Type.

R-Type? I don't think I've played that. What's it for? Is it an older generation game, like SNES, or something?

Also, Touhou is pretty damned hard. In all the hours I've played it, I've never beaten any Touhou game with just a single credit.

I can understand why some people would down right despise it, seeing how ridiculously difficult it can get.

Easy mode is not easy at all. Insane mode is simply for crazy people.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2011, 01:14:46 PM »
R-Type? I don't think I've played that. What's it for? Is it an older generation game, like SNES, or something?

Also, Touhou is pretty damned hard. In all the hours I've played it, I've never beaten any Touhou game with just a single credit.

I can understand why some people would down right despise it, seeing how ridiculously difficult it can get.

Easy mode is not easy at all. Insane mode is simply for crazy people.

Not to get too offtopic in the thread, R-Type is an arcade game from Irem and quite a hard game and series. Also Touhou isn't nearly as hard as a Cave  danmaku game (bullet hell), in Cave games the bullets are far far faster and numerous.

Offline CastleToastM

• Toast Fan
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2011, 03:04:03 AM »
Shit man, I'm having problems with just Touhou. There's even HARDER stuff out there? Damn. Makes me want to NOT play them.

I'll still try them out. Eventually.

Maybe when I can get out of my safe zone in Touhou.

Or maybe after I'm actually able to finish a Touhou game in one credit. Even in easy mode, it's not possible for me.

Touhou 7 Perfect Cherry Blossom - Normal Mode - Reimu (A) mode - 69,194,380 - Castle Pokemetroid

I've just noticed, going through my score boards in my Touhou files, but I think I have some sort of obsession with the words "power" and "road" since they tend to be the first things I think of when I put in a name for my score.

Offline Deadpan Flook

• F (loo) K in the Coffee....
    • Deadpan Flook & The Blog Of Stuff
    • Awards
Re: High Score thread: The Return
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2011, 12:55:45 PM »
Hi guys, just discovered this forum and signed up to answer somebody's question, then I noticed this thread!

I'm always up for some friendly competition when it comes to retrogames, so let me just check how this works...

I'm guessing I just take a bash at beating any of the scores I see posted up here, or add any high scores for games I feel I've done okay in..is that right, yeah?

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2011, 06:11:29 PM »
My Tetris DX high score.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2011, 12:21:10 AM »
Hi guys, just discovered this forum and signed up to answer somebody's question, then I noticed this thread!

I'm always up for some friendly competition when it comes to retrogames, so let me just check how this works...

I'm guessing I just take a bash at beating any of the scores I see posted up here, or add any high scores for games I feel I've done okay in..is that right, yeah?

You can either try to beat one of the existing scores or try another game, but there is a format to the scoretable.

Name of game (system it's on) - score- level reached plus loop if applicable - your name  this way I can copy paste it into the scoreboard and on a notepad textfile I keep of the scores.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:51:21 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2011, 03:10:06 AM »
My best score for Tetris Game Boy.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2011, 03:09:16 PM »
My best score for Tetris Game Boy.

Damn, you beat me to the punch.

Offline Bloodreign

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2011, 12:06:15 AM »
Correct format for that Tetris score:

Tetris (original Gameboy) - 502,674 - level 9 A Game - Dark Nemesis

Screenshots work, but make sure that you include this format once again so that I may copy/paste your score over to the table. Makes it a little easier on me than opening this topic in 2 tabs and going back and forth for info.

Tags: