Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Simon's Quest Revamped version 1.1  (Read 171336 times)

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Simon's Quest Revamped available for download today!!
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2011, 07:44:25 PM »
The only thing that set me off was the 'peeps' part. That's it. Everything else in the rest of your post I understood and didn't take offense to. But I will apologize if I jumped to conclusions a bit. Sorry Esco  :)

-X

No problem man.  8)

P.S.Peeps is slang: it means peoples... that's it. It is not derogatory in the least. :)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2011, 10:13:13 PM »
P.S.Peeps is slang: it means peoples... that's it. It is not derogatory in the least.

Okay now I feel the lack of education in my slang library... I seriously need to bone up on my studies  :P This here's proof that I'm OLD...besides being an uncle  :)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2011, 04:14:59 PM »
P.S.Peeps is slang: it means peoples... that's it. It is not derogatory in the least.

Okay now I feel the lack of education in my slang library... I seriously need to bone up on my studies  :P This here's proof that I'm OLD...besides being an uncle  :)

-X

Nah man, just hang around blacks, pureto ricans, and asians that actually go out and party more, and you will learn plenty! :P

BTW I actually have you beat by a year age wise.... and believe me when I say that something about hearing any # in the 30's when they ask a man's age just makes women smile. Put that age to good use man, because we aren't nowhere near old yet.  8)

- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2011, 07:19:10 PM »
BTW I actually have you beat by a year age wise.... and believe me when I say that something about hearing any # in the 30's when they ask a man's age just makes women smile. Put that age to good use man, because we aren't nowhere near old yet.  8)

Damn straight! ^__^
"Stuff and things."

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • hacking games since 1999
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2011, 11:41:54 AM »
We have a winner!

This is the new Simon sprite that will be used in the update version of CV2:Revamped.

Also, the update will contain a number of bug fixes and suggestions from fans. If you have anything else to report, please let me know.

Finally, I will be posting a riddle on my YouTube channel regarding an easter egg hidden in the game.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2011, 11:51:55 AM »
Can't wait!  :D

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »
So, now it's half red Trevor, and half red Richter? Somehow that isn't an improvement...

You should use Jorge's CV2 Simon sprites. They're really good.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:07:28 PM by uzo »

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2011, 12:14:43 PM »
Havent seen Jorges

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2011, 12:23:26 PM »
He's wearing Simon's clothes, so I think that is good enough for me. If I didn't know he was previously Richter, I probably wouldn't think anything of this not being the correct character sprite. Although, it would be cool if his hair was lighter.

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2011, 12:31:04 PM »
Although, it would be cool if his hair was lighter.
The original Simon sprite in Simon's Quest had dark hair. I feel no reason to change that.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2011, 12:46:25 PM »
Because the art has light hair. That sprite likely has dark hair for technical reasons.

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2011, 12:53:13 PM »
Because the art has light hair. That sprite likely has dark hair for technical reasons.
I think you're right. Son of a gun!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2011, 05:37:14 PM »
No offence to the creator of the new sprite, but instead of looking half-assed, it looks 3/4-assed. You're still a quarter of an ass away, but it is an improvement. I'd suggest going with the Trevor edit. The original sprites for Simon and Trevor are pretty close, so using a Trevor edit isn't such a stretch.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2011, 07:20:12 PM »
Uh... I actually prefer the red Richter over this Frankensteined Simon. I recommend going with the Trevor edit Aridale posted a while back.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 07:28:20 PM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2011, 07:26:23 PM »
I think that was Aridale, not me.
His looks pretty good for a Trevor edit. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: