Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Simon's Quest Revamped version 1.1  (Read 171356 times)

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Simon's Quest Revamped available for download today!!
« Reply #180 on: June 01, 2011, 10:43:35 PM »
Jorge's CV2 simon is, by far the best 16bit CV2 simon I've ever seen. You should use it.

We will agree to disagree on this. While Jorge is obviously very skilled, I think the trevor edit above to look like Simon looks WAY more professional and much less ummm..... goofy (I am so banned, lol)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2011, 11:30:34 PM »
@Esco
I do believe the Trevor edit one is pretty amazing. Looks really cool. On the other hand, I like Jorge's because it isn't just a sprite-over. That's what makes it so cool. While the Trevor edit one is great, I think the Trevor sprite should stay for Trevor. There's some cases where it'd be okay to edit over someone like:

Richter -> Hanz = Cuz Hanz's sprites were turned into Richter's SotN ones.
Trevor -> Roberto = Cuz Roberto's (Richter's) sprites were turned into Trevor's SotN ones.
Richter -> Desmond = Desmond was a mediocre edit of Richter in his official game anyway.

But then, who am I to talk? I sprite-over other characters for almost every sprite project of mine. XD
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:32:59 PM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #182 on: June 02, 2011, 06:55:08 AM »

Thats all the frames I made for him. Not sure what the hard fall frame is really used for but thats what I used it for. The extra frame is the throw frame for subweapons. I made the whipping in my game while ducking a lil different than standing. You can use his upperbody from that frame to make one for standing throwing or whatever you want it for.

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: June 02, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »

Thats all the frames I made for him. Not sure what the hard fall frame is really used for but thats what I used it for. The extra frame is the throw frame for subweapons. I made the whipping in my game while ducking a lil different than standing. You can use his upperbody from that frame to make one for standing throwing or whatever you want it for.

Someone made staircase animations for trevor a while back... it was for a hack for dracula x to replace richter's sprites. If anyone wanted to make stairs animations for the sprite sheet above, all they would need is those, and then edit them a bit.

P.S. Hard falling occurs when the player sprite gains a certain vertical speed before hitting the ground (it would be a positive value in SOTN; negative is going upward)

EDIT: found it:

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:00:58 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #184 on: June 02, 2011, 04:20:53 PM »
yes Im aware what a hard fall is... I said thats what I used it for... I dont know if it was made to be used as a hard fall sprite but thats how I made use of it =P

Im also aware of the stair frames I have that exact same spritesheet... used it to make
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:38:27 PM by Aridale »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #185 on: June 02, 2011, 05:52:10 PM »
Someone made staircase animations for trevor a while back... it was for a hack for dracula x to replace richter's sprites. If anyone wanted to make stairs animations for the sprite sheet above, all they would need is those, and then edit them a bit.

I also mentioned this a few posts above  ;D

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #186 on: June 02, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »
yes Im aware what a hard fall is... I said thats what I used it for... I dont know if it was made to be used as a hard fall sprite but thats how I made use of it =P

Im also aware of the stair frames I have that exact same spritesheet... used it to make

I really like that color scheme. ^__^
"Stuff and things."

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • hacking games since 1999
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2011, 10:47:53 AM »
I've updated this game with some bug-fixes and some suggestions from Esco.
Sorry, no new Simon sprite yet.

The download link is the same as always.

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2011, 11:35:22 AM »
hello,you made a good work with this remake.
the simon´s quest was waiting for someone to do that.
i´m downloading the update now.
if you are going to make a new revision in the future:
-will you be able to implement the ability to run for simon? that would make the game faster,and would make less annoying to go to the 3rd town and return to the first one in order to use the dracula heart.
-will you change the silver and ol daggers for the axe and the cross?the axe would make easier to kill flying enemies,and the cross could destroy the enemies inmune to the flame whip and the sacred blaze.
hope you don´t get angry.
bye.

PS:the ones who don´t know who i am,i am new in this forum.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2011, 11:38:56 AM »
hello,you made a good work with this remake.
the simon´s quest was waiting for someone to do that.
i´m downloading the update now.
if you are going to make a new revision in the future:
-will you be able to implement the ability to run for simon? that would make the game faster,and would make less annoying to go to the 3rd town and return to the first one in order to use the dracula heart.
-will you change the silver and ol daggers for the axe and the cross?the axe would make easier to kill flying enemies,and the cross could destroy the enemies inmune to the flame whip and the sacred blaze.
hope you don´t get angry.
bye.

PS:the ones who don´t know who i am,i am new in this forum.

Yo, yo. Welcome to the Dungeon. ;)

I like the idea of running. That'll make the game much more interesting.
But rather than remove subweapons and replace them, why not just add more subs?

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2011, 12:26:39 PM »
Yo, yo. Welcome to the Dungeon. ;)

I like the idea of running. That'll make the game much more interesting.
But rather than remove subweapons and replace them, why not just add more subs?

add more subs is a good idea,but more than 7-8 weapons wold not fit in the menu,at least they enlarge it.
and we have to see if metroidquest wants to do that because nobody likes to make things according to the biddings of others,you know.

Thanks for the welcome,man.i hope we can share our love and passion for the castlevania,the best videogame series of all the times.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
I agree about the subweapon menu. Don't remember exactly how big it was.

Then again, three knives is a bit much. I say taking out the normal knife and golden knife would be good and giving him the silver knife (or whatever the 2nd one was). Replacing the others with an axe and cross would make it less redundant.

And I agree about the series. Never been more interested in any other series. ^.^ Except Resident Evil. I'm tied between the two.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2011, 12:50:57 PM »
We will agree to disagree on this. While Jorge is obviously very skilled, I think the trevor edit above to look like Simon looks WAY more professional and much less ummm..... goofy (I am so banned, lol)

LOL you can't get banned for something like that.  Who am I, Chavez?  I'm not petty.

I agree that my CV2 Simon is a bit goofy.  However, it is also extremely close to the official boxart artwork, so it is goofy because that artwork itself is goofy.  Now if it's the colors, I've shown that they can be changed.  The animations don't seem to be off either, though I admit they're not perfect.

I'm doing my sprites for fun now, though if they get used in a game, that's fine too.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2011, 07:44:31 PM »
I've updated this game with some bug-fixes and some suggestions from Esco.
Sorry, no new Simon sprite yet.

The download link is the same as always.

I'm sorry, but with all due respect, I don't see almost ANY of my suggestions in this bugfix. The issue ESPECIALLY with those hitboxes should really have been fixed bro. And now there appears to be a sound issue too (it cut out completely twice while I was playing, within 10 minutes of starting) so I actually went back to the old version.

Anyway bro, check your U2U's; I made a list of a bunch more stuff a few days ago and I could actually use a little of your help too.  8)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2011, 03:24:34 AM »
Actually I think the sound problem was in the old one, too. At least, it happened to me. Doesn't matter, since I couldn't really hear it anyway. So the new one's not too different (can't tell, my comp can barely run the old one)?

Tags: