Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Simon's Quest Revamped version 1.1  (Read 171288 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #210 on: July 09, 2011, 12:10:49 AM »
meh, my Remake would have been better if I found More Devs....
for those interested.... http://arcangeraziel.deviantart.com/gallery/26485690

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2011, 12:53:00 AM »
You still can make it better. Have faith in yourself and do the best job you can. Those Deviant Art images look like SotN made over into Simon's quest.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #212 on: July 09, 2011, 02:30:53 AM »

Now THAT looks nice! That is putting gamemaker's abilities to better use (now that I have been using it for a bit, I know how easy it makes doing things overall).  8)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2011, 08:19:57 AM »

Dude, you should post a new thread for this. It looks brilliant.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: July 09, 2011, 12:03:40 PM »
Now THAT looks great.  And yeah, totally make your own thread 'cuz I'd follow up on that.  Don't derail this thread, hehe.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2011, 01:15:08 PM »
Damn dude, talk about an upgrade! It seems that you got your art direction down! I agree with the comments don't giveup. It's ok to switch to another tool to use to make your game if what you are using is not working out for you. Maybe you should try Construct, MMF2, or one of the numerious programs out there...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 01:16:39 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • hacking games since 1999
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: July 09, 2011, 02:57:31 PM »
Simon's hair is all wrong. It should be long and blonde. Also, his boots need to be WHITE! Get it right!

Joking aside, looks great. If you need a programmer, let me know.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #217 on: July 13, 2011, 02:38:28 PM »
Alrighty then, I'll post a New Topic, and yes I still need developers.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Orlox

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Simon's Quest Revamped version 1.1
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2011, 08:49:05 AM »
Hi, nice work but I dont like how the monsters became invinsible for a second after you hit them. Also the fact that you bind the sub-weapon to a key is not practical(got to try it with a controler thou.)
And it suck to get back to the last church when you're game over, you should add a continue option.
Its a nice try but those point I've mention make the game ever more frustrating than the original.
I did not beat your remake yet.
Forgive my english, it is not my language.
...And the wolves they are howling that sweet but haunted song

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »
Wow, this is awesome!  Are there any plans to add input config for joypad?

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2011, 03:12:14 PM »
plans? yes. ETA? no.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2011, 08:41:25 PM »
Just use Joy2Key backwards, dammitall!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: October 01, 2011, 05:10:41 PM »
Just use Joy2Key backwards, dammitall!

Thanks for the idea.  It works pretty good.

MQ - I have a couple of questions/comments.  They may have been asked already, but I'm not going to comb through 15 pages of the thread, esp knowing you will probably give a quick and eager reply.
I've played the game for about 45 mins, making it to the first mansion. I haven't played CV2 in years.  I played the hell out of it the year it came out, then maybe a couple times a year for a while, but I don't think I have played it more than twice in the last decade - so forgive me if my memory of the original game is off.  Didn't the original game have no boss in that first mansion?  I seem to remember a couple of bosses but I certainly don't remember that one.  Also, is there continue feature in your game?  Do you have to restart from your last save point when you run out of lives?  If so, that definitely adds a level of difficulty.  I was surprised when that boss killed me and there was no continue option, which would have placed me at the beginning of the mansion instead of WAAAAY back in Jova.  Also, there seems to be a period of invincibility that the enemies have after getting hit by the whip that is longer than in the original game, which makes me have to change my fighting style a lot. 
How many changes are there from the original game?  It's hard for me to tell since my memory is faded.

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: October 01, 2011, 05:45:01 PM »
Didn't the original game have no boss in that first mansion?  I seem to remember a couple of bosses but I certainly don't remember that one.
There were 3 bosses total in the original. None in the first.
  Also, is there continue feature in your game?
No, sorry.
  Do you have to restart from your last save point when you run out of lives?  If so, that definitely adds a level of difficulty.
Yes you do. Yes it does.

Also, there seems to be a period of invincibility that the enemies have after getting hit by the whip that is longer than in the original game, which makes me have to change my fighting style a lot.
The no-invincibility of the original game made it way to easy to kill enemies and bosses. So I added it in.

How many changes are there from the original game?  It's hard for me to tell since my memory is faded.
There are many.

Offline Opium

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: October 01, 2011, 06:08:22 PM »
Cool, thanks for the quick response.  I look forward to finding as many differences as I can.  Shelving a game for years can make it seem kinda new when you finally play it again, but this just adds to the new-ness of it and definitely makes it more fun.
I found myself actually grinding in this game, which is something I don't remember having to do before.  Really enjoying it a lot, thanks again.

Tags: