Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Simon's Quest Revamped version 1.1  (Read 171377 times)

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Simon's Quest Revamped available for download today!!
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2011, 09:43:48 AM »
@metroidquest

Still like the game dude. But just 2 infos, if it changes into night, its way to dark. was going blind. and if u hit an enemy when its dark, they "hide" cuz they went also dark.
i have to raise the soundvolumen on my soundbox and on windows doe here anything :(

but besides that, i really like it. =)
You always will go back to old good classic games.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2011, 10:16:18 AM »
I wont be making countless versions of this to make everyone happy, my friend. As far as the music goes, I am really trying to stay 16-bit.
Also, as far as weaknesses, you will never be able to kill a flame man with a flame whip or sacred flame ;-)
It sounds like people have bothered you about it.  Whatever, just trying to help.
They're just suggestions, you don't have to do them.
And, have you heard my music?  It's not over-the-top like Overclocked Remix.
The Silence of Daylight - Daytime Village - Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Anyway, good luck with your game, there.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • hacking games since 1999
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2011, 10:35:35 AM »
@jorge
That is a very pleasant arrangement. I enjoyed listening to it. I surely hope you will play through my game. I am not planning any revisions to it, so what you have is what it will be.

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: 16-bit style Simon's Quest Remake ready for release on Friday 5-20!!
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2011, 10:38:11 AM »
Why don't you just mass rip them straight out of the ROM itself?

Ok......... how? And how do I find the palettes much up with them in game too?

And does anybody know how to set your buttons in this game? This thing looks GREAT, but I can't below you didn't include a controller config, metroidquest.  8)

Edit: WTF!? There are no continues!? Ouch!  :o Still this is an amazing game and lots of fun.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 11:15:59 AM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
Re: 16-bit style Simon's Quest Remake ready for release on Friday 5-20!!
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2011, 10:50:05 AM »
Ok......... how? And how do I find the palettes much up with them in game too?

And does anybody know how to set your buttons in this game? This thing looks GREAT, but I can't below you didn't include a controller config, metroidquest.  8)

Well you have 2 options:
The game itself actually has support for a joystick/gamepad, I just didn't implement a custom config. Sorry guys!
If your gamepad came with software, there is probably a keyboard mapping function.

This type of thing I may come back to in some revision, but those are the options as it stands now.

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2011, 02:09:53 PM »
The Silence of Daylight - Daytime Village - Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

this sounds way to soft, to slow...:/ castlevania is an action game...
but great work besides that

http://www.youtube.com/user/OdenAndEvil <--- Gamerslounge (reviews, sound remake's and much more of good old classic retro games ^^)

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2011, 02:14:54 PM »
Great job mate i loved ur new ideas

but i found a little bugs like invisable objects and diying after getting 3 hits i hope that you can fix them ^^

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2011, 04:38:57 PM »
Great job mate i loved ur new ideas

but i found a little bugs like invisable objects and diying after getting 3 hits i hope that you can fix them ^^

If your dying after 3 hits it means you are in an area that you are too low-leveled for. I've beefed up alot of enemies compared to the original

Not sure what u mean by invisible objects. Can you elaborate?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »
You should have kept fixing things, and making improvements for another few months at least before releasing this...

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »
You need to add a check to stop polling the controller if its not turned on (360 controller) cause it drops the framerate by like 60% I was like wtf is goin on here? I turned on my 360 controller and 2 things happened

1 - the music stopped
2 - the frame rate went up to normal speed

Offline AISTODIAOLO

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2011, 12:24:55 AM »
um....sometimes...when I walk on some blocks...I just fall from them....like u know...there is a floor...I m walking...and I fall...for no reason...and I die because there is water below...is this normal...?

Offline OdenAndEvil

• Belmont
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2011, 03:12:38 AM »
um....sometimes...when I walk on some blocks...I just fall from them....like u know...there is a floor...I m walking...and I fall...for no reason...and I die because there is water below...is this normal...?

this is for sure normal. does this happen in the Mansions? if so, its normal...The same like in the original version

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2011, 05:52:47 AM »
You need to add a check to stop polling the controller if its not turned on (360 controller) cause it drops the framerate by like 60% I was like wtf is goin on here? I turned on my 360 controller and 2 things happened

1 - the music stopped
2 - the frame rate went up to normal speed

Sure, I can do that.

@uzo: whatever.

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2011, 06:03:21 AM »
I'm totally cool with fixing any joystick support. In fact, if anyone has created a config with GUI in Game Maker, I'd be happy to implement it. I struggled quite a bit to get ANY joystick working.

As far as other stuff goes, I wanted this project to have a finish time. I didnt want it to become MKFusion or any other fan game that never gets finished because someone always has something to add. So as far as the style and features of the game, it is what it is. Anyone is free to make their own that is 'better' than mine.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2011, 07:50:56 AM »
I can make pretty much anything in gamemaker. Did you use a dll for joystick support or native functions? The native functions blow and are really lacking. Also...

I didnt buy a white crystal (never do til after I leave the first mansion) so I of course checked to see if you could use the invisible platform without it and you can just like in the original. The problem is your code moves you outside the platform if you get hit by it. I tried to jump on it and go stuck in the edge of the blocks above it. I could change directions and I could whip and stuff but I couldnt move. Only thing I could do is quit and start over.

And I know you say its 'feature complete' as far as your concerned but now that its out you can add some lil stuff just for completeness and I think continues should be the first

Tags: