Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Calling In all the Help I can get.  (Read 7337 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 07:06:41 AM »
have you seen my CV2 remake vids? It has a full day/night cycle that happens constantly. Its always changing in small increments so its very natural looking. I dont have a sun but it has a moon. It even has a clock in the top right corner that rotates smoothly with the time of day

yeah, I seen it and I Like it alot, the one thing I want to establish in the game is an internal Clock which the Day/night cycle and NPC's Timed actions can amount to.
I also love that Clock.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 08:52:12 PM »
Quoting my game code as your own, eh Esco?  :P  Yes, yes. I know it's your modification and not my original code. I'm just teasing.

Are you referring to the script that generates objects for solid tiles, because that is not my work. Did you come up with it because I would like to give you credit for it, and I also have questions on a few things?
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 11:42:58 PM »
can game maker use Photoshop like image blending (light soft light and overlay)?

and Can I use animated backgrounds? or do those have to be objects?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 12:47:32 AM »
Are you referring to the script that generates objects for solid tiles, because that is not my work. Did you come up with it because I would like to give you credit for it, and I also have questions on a few things?

If that's the code I showed you, then yes it was modified from Theou's CV3 engine.
"Stuff and things."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 12:53:48 AM »
can game maker use Photoshop like image blending (light soft light and overlay)?

and Can I use animated backgrounds? or do those have to be objects?

You can use image blending. You have to mess with it to see how they actually work.

Quote from: Game Maker Help File
There are two more function that are not only useful for drawing textures. Normally primitives are blended with the background using the alpha value. You can actually indicate how this must happen. Besides the normal mode it is possible to indicate that the new color must be added to the existing color or subtracted from the existing color. This can be used to create e.g. spot lights or shadows. Also it is possible to sort of take the maximum of the new and existing color. This can avoid certain saturation effects that you can get with adding. Note that both subtracting and maximum do not take the alpha value fully into account. (DirectX does not allow this.) So you better make sure the outside area is black. There are two functions. The first one only gives you the four options described above. The second function gives you a lot more possibilities. You should experiment a bit with the settings. If used effectively they can be used to create e.g. interesting explosion or halo effects.

draw_set_blend_mode(mode) Indicates what blend mode to use. The following values are possible: bm_normal, bm_add, bm_subtract, and bm_max. Don't forget to reset the mode to normal after use because otherwise also other sprites and even the backgrounds are drawn with the new blend mode.
draw_set_blend_mode_ext(src,dest) Indicates what blend mode to use for both the source and destination color. The new color is some factor times the source and another factor times the destination. These factors are set with this function. To understand this, the source and destination both have a red, green, blue, and alpha component. So the source is (Rs, Gs, Bs, As) and the destination is (Rd, Gd, Bd, Ad). All are considered to lie between 0 and 1. The blend factors you can choose for source and destination are:
bm_zero: Blend factor is (0, 0, 0, 0).
bm_one: Blend factor is (1, 1, 1, 1).
bm_src_color: Blend factor is (Rs, Gs, Bs, As).
bm_inv_src_color: Blend factor is (1–Rs, 1–Gs, 1–Bs, 1–As).
bm_src_alpha: Blend factor is (As, As, As, As).
bm_inv_src_alpha: Blend factor is (1–As, 1–As, 1–As, 1–As).
bm_dest_alpha: Blend factor is (Ad, Ad, Ad, Ad).
bm_inv_dest_alpha: Blend factor is (1–Ad, 1–Ad, 1–Ad, 1–Ad).
bm_dest_color: Blend factor is (Rd, Gd, Bd, Ad).
bm_inv_dest_color: Blend factor is (1–Rd, 1–Gd, 1–Bd, 1–Ad).
bm_src_alpha_sat: Blend factor is (f, f, f, 1); f = min(As, 1–Ad).
For example, the normal blending mode sets the source blending to bm_src_alpha and the destination blending to bm_inv_src_alpha. Don't forget to reset the mode to normal after use because otherwise also other sprites and even the backgrounds are drawn with the new blend mode.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: