Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Smash Bros for 3DS: What are your Character Strategies? (Guides inside also!)  (Read 16790 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
They made Ganondorf no longer suck! :O

Haven't unlocked him on the 3DS yet, but he was always my go-to character in Melee. Brute force. I always felt Cpt. Falcon's movements were a little too fast, so to have a slowed down version of that was great. I heard he's no longer a clone of Cap, which really worries me.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
  • Need a Quality Assurance Tester?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Haven't unlocked him on the 3DS yet, but he was always my go-to character in Melee. Brute force. I always felt Cpt. Falcon's movements were a little too fast, so to have a slowed down version of that was great. I heard he's no longer a clone of Cap, which really worries me.
Yeah he's very different from Captain Falcon since Brawl. His moveset hasn't changed at all since brawl actually, it just has some buffs here and there.

Their only similar move is technically their down special, wizard's foot and falcon kick. But the execution and use and everything about it is very different. The forward smash and down smash is still the same though, but of course, somewhat different execution and huge difference in properties. Up air, down air, back air, and forward air are identical to Captain Falcon, but the power behind each attack is really crazy, not to mention...Ganon's down air was always better then Captain Falcon's and has that nice lightning effect knock down.

His run speed is as slow as brawl still.

Otherwise, his customs are actually all better than his default customs and turns him into a very powerful character. Ganon's custom moves were the first thing I unlocked.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
first time playing & this happens

get it together nintendo sheesh

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
I'm actually working on Ganondorf customs now. I want that sword move

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I'm actually working on Ganondorf customs now. I want that sword move
His best move. I tried the custom moves against neobelmont and another friend.

So, for side specials 3 Dark chain works okay, but to a point, so 2 dark wave is the best. His normal side b is also could for its own kinds of combos.

Any Up Special is better than his normal up special, just a matter of preference. Both recover better, one better than the other.

Standing special Warlock Blade is still the best with its nice reach, speed, and super armor. Warlock Thrust on the other hand is actually pretty good...but the problem is it doesn't kill. Really easy to land though.

down special - It's a matter of preference and also match up and how you use the move. I feel 3 Wizard's Assault is the best. But if you think you can land 2 Wizard's Drop Kick without always putting yourself off the stage against Lucina, maybe use it against projectiles or to get distance, and then lead up to a combo, that move would be the best. It is actually possible to recover from it with how fast it is, in trade for the weaker damage it does for range and speed.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
WOO HOO!  Smash Bros 3DS for my birthday!  I know what I'm gonna do all day! ;-D

Addition: Soo...is there a difference in the blue/green/red paths on classic?  I would have thought easy/medium/hard, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:21:03 AM by theANdROId »

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
WOO HOO!  Smash Bros 3DS for my birthday!  I know what I'm gonna do all day! ;-D

Addition: Soo...is there a difference in the blue/green/red paths on classic?  I would have thought easy/medium/hard, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm still trying to figure that out myself v0v...Honestly, there is one thing I did notice though. When it comes down to 10 ko smash, the red or green tends to be the normal characters rather than mii like little mac, but sometimes I get a blue wii fit trainer and red mii fighters.

Sometimes it determines if you have a metal battle or not or a 3 on 1 giant battle vs a 1 on 1 giant battle...but that's just a hypothesis, not even a theory.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The colors mean the relative difficulty of the path, green being easy, and red being hard.  It's mentioned in the now-loading Hints the game gives you.
If you see a path that's Black, that's the harder end-boss path, fyi.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Cool!  I wondered if that was the case, although other than the black path it doesn't seem to be that much of a difference.

I've gotten all the characters now, though I'm mildly disappointed with DHD.  While his laugh is there, I think it would have been a much better taunt if it were the same obnoxious noise from the NES Duck Hunt game.  I was really looking forward to it being that.  While I haven't checked out every taunt of every character, I would imagine it still stands that Mario's "Super Mushroom" taunt is still the best one out there.

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Cool!  I wondered if that was the case, although other than the black path it doesn't seem to be that much of a difference.

I've gotten all the characters now, though I'm mildly disappointed with DHD.  While his laugh is there, I think it would have been a much better taunt if it were the same obnoxious noise from the NES Duck Hunt game.  I was really looking forward to it being that.  While I haven't checked out every taunt of every character, I would imagine it still stands that Mario's "Super Mushroom" taunt is still the best one out there.

Nahhh man. It's totally Shulk's "I'M REALLY FEELING IT!"

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
My character is cool and wins... but he keeps having trouble accurately hitting his shots...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Just an update to stay aware of for the smashers out there.

Whenever you spike a character on the ground, they can tech right out of it leaving you at a huge disadvantage. I'm not sure how much skill it takes necessarily but I've even seen computers take advantage of it when I used Ganondorf and used his down-air stomp. Ended up being left open for a charge smash.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I don't know how this happened (was allowed to happen), but today I lost a SmashRun against Mega Man because he was permanently invincible with the super star.  We got to the final battle, a free for all, and he was literally in super star mode the entire battle...never KO'd...couldn't damage him...

I've noticed (in some game modes) that characters will start with an item or something...and I assumed (since I play around with the customizations a TON) they were applying random "badges" I'd earned to my opponents...but I don't have something that's permanent super star. >:-(  What's the deal!?  Anyone know?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Maybe it's not super star, but rather Super Armor (can't be flinched)?
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Maybe it's not super star, but rather Super Armor (can't be flinched)?
yeah but he couldn't damage him. If his percentage doesn't rise, then it really is true invincibility...which would be pretty broken.

anything