Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Need help to write a story set after DoS events.  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Marcus Hardle

• Creator of Akai no Sonata
  • Hunter in Training
  • The future resonates in deep blue.
    • Awards
Need help to write a story set after DoS events.
« on: October 29, 2008, 05:07:23 PM »
Hello there!

I decided to work on a 'sequel' of my fan-game Sonata in Red. Ever since the beginning I considered the possibility of making two castlevania fan-games, with two different themes.

So I've been brainstorming ideas for the next one, but I got stuck in AoS and DoS events. The game will be set after DoS, and will tell the story of a 'true' final battle against Dracula's powers. I wanted to have a female Belmont as the main character, that's when I got stuck in the first problem: Julius didn't had a child, Am I right? He got amnesia right after the events of 1999, thus he never trained a descendant.

I dunno how to approach this... Any ideas?

And which ending do you think I should consider? The Somacula one or the real ending? I would be fun to write about the Somacula one, but as I did with SIR I do want to stay true to the timeline.

Thanks for the support! 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 10:20:12 AM by Marcus Hardle »
=================================
Castlevania: Sonata in Red - Complete Game

Check in:
www.freewebs.com/sonatainred

Download Links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/84894428/Castlevania_SIR_v1.0.rar

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o6rcvm

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Need help to write a story set after DoS events.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 05:40:06 PM »
Julius's illegitimate child. Who knows how many girls he gets on Halloween with his get up?

EDIT: I'm serious about the illegitimate child thing.

Offline Nazrath

• Thanatologist and
  • Hunter in Training
  • \/^^^^\/
    • The Castle of Dracula
    • Awards
Re: Need help to write a story set after DoS events.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 03:03:03 PM »
Why must it be illegitimate? 'tis entirely plausible he fathered a daughter after the events of DoS, or before his fight with Dracula at the turn of the century. The latter couldst be explained by his amnesia and a reunion following the events of AoS, training of the child during latter stages, and the handing o'er of the whip ere the story begins, one wouldst assume. The former, well....the Belmonts art a family of legend... >;)P

As for which way to send the story, methinks the decision shouldst be left to the author, as both options couldst lend most admirably towards a good plot. The "Somacula" plot couldst be looked at in a redemptive manner, both for the Belmont line and Soma himself, and the story plot allows freedom to spin rivalry 'twixt Soma and the protagonist as power is displaced throughout.

Either way, I am playing through thy first offering at the moment, and am rather impressed for once, so I am pleased to hear of thine idea to create another offering.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 04:59:58 AM by Nazrath »

Tags:

anything