Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: The Accursed Seal - a cv2 remake  (Read 45191 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: The Accursed Seal - a cv2 remake
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2011, 10:26:09 AM »
I personally liked the stair mechanics as they were apart of the game itself. You're right that they didn't really offer a whole lot in CV2 but there are some portions of the game that are a real bugger to get by because of the stairs coupled with enemy placements. Your mansion is looking good. I wanna see the rest!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »

Berkeley Mansion mk. 2

CAUTION: doing things like this will cause me to beat you to death for basically ripping rooms out of SOTN, slightly editing them, and trying to act like they belong in CV 2.  :P

On that note: I would stick with your original layout. It looked way better, rather than an SOTN ripoff. :)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 03:10:40 PM »

New mockup featuring a new resolution and other stuff.
I'm with the original mock up all the way! Also about you losing everything in your hdd. I just recently had that happen to me a while ago and found out about a program called "Disk Digger." I suggest that you look into that program, I went ahead and ended up purchasing the full version. I think it was like $10 - $15. It found almost every file on my computer that I had previously lost. It even found material that I thought had been previously over written that was 2 and 3 years ago! Just a thought dude.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:14:14 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2011, 04:52:53 PM »

thanks for the Feedback, I was so bent on finishing the map I didn't pay much attention on the resemblance of the original, I failed on that one, so....
I brought back the original layout whilst using the newer map outline, as a result, Stairs are back and works foreground layers too.
EDIT: there is a Shadow up top, but forgot it when posting.
More feedaback is appreciated.

Day/night, hopefully in a constant sky transition (like 3d Zeldas)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:05:27 AM by Kamui Zero »

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2011, 02:02:17 PM »
Umm... that isn't Simon's standing pose... is it? It looks very uncomfortable. He's twisting his body almost all the way around.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2011, 03:52:05 PM »
yeah, since all the sprites at the moment are half done trevors, modiified trevors, Half done richters, modified richters, a few jonathans and a few somas, I really, REALLY haven't found a idle pose for Simon, out of all the animations the idle one is the hardest for me since every character has a distinct idle pose.
(so literatly, I didn't want to use the animation for the whip so I threw something together.)
Trust me, Simon's final sprites will make sense.

Right now My focus is on mapping, Berkeley mansion is a test on whether fans would like the map or not.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2011, 06:49:03 PM »
yeah, since all the sprites at the moment are half done trevors, modiified trevors, Half done richters, modified richters, a few jonathans and a few somas, I really, REALLY haven't found a idle pose for Simon, out of all the animations the idle one is the hardest for me since every character has a distinct idle pose.
(so literatly, I didn't want to use the animation for the whip so I threw something together.)
Trust me, Simon's final sprites will make sense.

Right now My focus is on mapping, Berkeley mansion is a test on whether fans would like the map or not.

Ah, that makes sense. I wish some games would have a more relaxed pose throughout the game, such as like Jonathan or Julius, though the battle-ready pose obviously makes more sense.

A good idle pose would be one similar to Serio's Richter. Ever see that one?

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2011, 07:29:38 PM »
Ah, that makes sense. I wish some games would have a more relaxed pose throughout the game, such as like Jonathan or Julius, though the battle-ready pose obviously makes more sense.

A good idle pose would be one similar to Serio's Richter. Ever see that one?

oh yeah, Serio's Richter is really cool, and that's kinda what I'm aiming for, I'm actually gonna use Jon Morris as the Idle, but that will be a bit of work because his body being so short and stubby.
UPDATE: Here it is... for now.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:08:11 PM by Kamui Zero »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2011, 11:40:50 PM »
I'm not the best of judges.. but the front leg should bend slightly, and you should take out that pause, which I'm guessing wasn't intentional? and instead was due to the beginning and ending frame being the same.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »
oh yeah, Serio's Richter is really cool, and that's kinda what I'm aiming for, I'm actually gonna use Jon Morris as the Idle, but that will be a bit of work because his body being so short and stubby.
UPDATE: Here it is... for now.

The bottom half of the legs don't move. They should tilt a little, rather than staying at the same angle. Also, the arm on his right doesn't move at all. That should move, too. His torso goes up on frame two, goes back down on frame three, and should probably sink in a little more on the next frame.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2011, 11:57:53 PM »
 it's a work in progress, and since this one is somehow so hard I'm not afraid to ask for assistance on this one, my intention is to have a sorta bouncy stance that slows down into him standing still until the player moves him, unfortunatly its coming out horribly, but it looks better than my first 2 attempts

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2011, 12:25:25 AM »
If you ask me, well... Let's just say don't. I've never been good at idle stances. ^.^;;

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2011, 12:34:21 AM »
I can animate anything but idle stances... and that is kinda sad, for the moment Simon wont have an animated stance until I can get this right
UPDATE: I will show off the updated map of the Berkeley Mansion with quite a few more rooms, Mainly the outside area.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 12:36:37 AM by Kamui Zero »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2011, 12:43:08 AM »
I can animate anything but idle stances... and that is kinda sad, for the moment Simon wont have an animated stance until I can get this right

You could always do it Soma style and just animate the clothing or hair. :P

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2011, 12:47:11 AM »
You could always do it Soma style and just animate the clothing or hair. :P

very true, plus its been awhile since I animated hair so... yeah it'll be faster and less confusing (last animation was literately "how the hell ami I going to do this...?")
I'll give the DS style a spin and post it when I'm done.

Tags:

anything