Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586820 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #240 on: September 19, 2012, 07:12:19 PM »
Last Story supports multiplayer online? If yes you can pass you friend code? Im playing Dracula's Shadows, a very old fangame that plays like CV2, but with various characters that you can switch, every one has different item crashes, very cool.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2012, 09:44:02 PM »
Will be playing some Torchlight 2 tomorrow, once it's launched onto Steam... aw, hell yeah. Steampunk Diablolike goodness.

For those interested, here's some late pre-release footage...

Torchlight II - Act 2 Gameplay [Direct Feed] (PAX Edition)

°rz

Its' out at 1 pm!!!!!!  :'(

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #242 on: September 20, 2012, 03:35:07 PM »
Replaying the first God of War. I forgot how ridiculously cheap the enemies are. >:(

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: September 21, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »
Im trying to beat the 2nd boss in this game:

Castlevania Priest Battle
Castlevania Priest Battle

If someone give a try it would be cool, since its very funny.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2012, 01:08:43 AM »
Soul calibur legends. maybe tales of symphonia when I have the chance. Also while it's not a video game I have been getting back into yu-gi-oh for some reason.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2012, 06:19:30 PM »
I only need to find a way, so I will play that:
THE HARDEST VIDEO GAME BOSS EVER!

I love these cheap games that are almost impossible to win! :)
Also I beat Castlevania Priest Battle yesterday and discovered the "secret key" on the keyboard.

EDIT: More info about this game (from wikipedia).

"Mushihime-sama (虫姫さま?, lit. Insect Princess) is a manic shooter developed by Cave and released by Taito in 2004. It was ported to the PlayStation 2 in 2005 and iOS in 2011. An Xbox 360 port was released in May 2012 (with ver1.5 as first print DLC). A significantely changed "version 1.5" was released to arcades in 2011. The game has an insect theme as all of the enemies resemble various insects such as beetles and butterflies. The game is set in various forest environments. It received a sequel in 2006, known as Mushihime-sama Futari, and a spin-off iOS game entitled "Mushihime-sama Bug Panic"."

Since my PS2 is in the box, I dont know when I will play this hau auuuuu~  :(
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 06:31:37 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #246 on: September 22, 2012, 08:48:00 PM »
I only need to find a way, so I will play that:
THE HARDEST VIDEO GAME BOSS EVER!

I love these cheap games that are almost impossible to win! :)
Also I beat Castlevania Priest Battle yesterday and discovered the "secret key" on the keyboard.

EDIT: More info about this game (from wikipedia).

"Mushihime-sama (虫姫さま?, lit. Insect Princess) is a manic shooter developed by Cave and released by Taito in 2004. It was ported to the PlayStation 2 in 2005 and iOS in 2011. An Xbox 360 port was released in May 2012 (with ver1.5 as first print DLC). A significantely changed "version 1.5" was released to arcades in 2011. The game has an insect theme as all of the enemies resemble various insects such as beetles and butterflies. The game is set in various forest environments. It received a sequel in 2006, known as Mushihime-sama Futari, and a spin-off iOS game entitled "Mushihime-sama Bug Panic"."

Since my PS2 is in the box, I dont know when I will play this hau auuuuu~  :(

My significant other loves these bullet hell games but I have trouble enough just with regular shooters lol. Been meaning to play more of Phelios for a long time, it's just been sitting in my Genesis forever.
I'm pretty close to beating "A Witch's Tale" a cute and (gameplay wise) fairly standard gothic fairytale jRPG on the DS by Hitmaker and Atlus. But losing the drive to finish it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:52:36 PM by Ratty »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2012, 06:11:09 PM »
O, wow! Just loaded up Aliens: Infestation on my DS. Nice! Music is really good and creepy. The stupid cat at the beginning even startled me a little. Wayforward is really on the top of my list for a new outside developer for CV.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #248 on: September 27, 2012, 07:55:07 PM »
I play quite a few fighting games, and Killer Instinct was the fighting game for a brief portion of my childhood.

Recently, I've been playing Killer Instinct Gold on my Nintendo 64. (As a rule, I play as Kim Wu.)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: September 27, 2012, 08:13:22 PM »
I played AoS yesterday, this time I have collected all souls and the Chaos Ring. I did that this time because I've felt lucky, since the first boss dropped his soul in my first try, it never happened before lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dingo

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: September 28, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »
+1
I recently bought Castlevania Chronicles off of eBay and have really been enjoying that. I've wanted the game for a while, but the price usually stopped me from getting it.

Anyway, it's really a fantastic game. The attention to detail throughout the levels is fantastic, and I'm a big fan of the arranged soundtrack. Some of my favorite moments so far would have to be finding the Bone Dragon's corpse halfway through Stage 2, the entirety of Stage 3, that creepy human "painting" right before you fight Death, the huge painting that looks like you're outside (again, in Death's level right when you come up on the floor his boss fight is on) which then chips and falls down, and I really like the Hall of Mirrors. Fantastic game so far.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2012, 06:41:46 PM »
Welcome to the dungeon.
If you want more challenge (a really hard one) try to start a new save named "NOMIS...". :)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dingo

• Awards
« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2012, 07:17:22 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, and I appreciate the suggestion for an added challenge. I'm not sure if I'll end up trying it, though; going by the name of the code "NOMIS...", I would assume it makes you play the game as a No Miss run (not being hit) which is a bit much for me. It'd take a lot of practice before I ever consider trying something like that; I don't think it'd be good for my sanity, you know.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2012, 07:29:15 PM »
 You can call me dumb, because I never noticed that "no miss" thing, I thought thats only Simon's name mirrored (simon/nomis). Yeah, thats a run with only 1 HP, you have lives and continues tough.

I only said this code to you in the case that it can be useful to you someday, it isnt to me, but who knows? lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dingo

• Awards
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2012, 08:20:45 PM »
I wouldn't say you are dumb or anything for overlooking the code in relation to the term "No Miss". It's definitely just Simon's name backwards, but it just so happens that his name backwards is very close to "No Miss" which is probably why they did that. I'll keep it in mind, but I doubt I could even No Miss clear any Castlevania game (though I can manage to beat a few without dying).

Tags: