Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 587057 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #360 on: January 04, 2013, 03:11:50 AM »
final fantasy theatrhythm. It's very addictive.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #361 on: January 04, 2013, 12:59:49 PM »
Super Marisa Land - SMB-slone with rather simple levels in the begining and awesome (yet small) soundtrack. One of the melodies sounds a bit like a remix of Wicked Child.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #362 on: January 04, 2013, 06:54:42 PM »
+1
woooooo just got my pspgo component cable!!! that means monster hunter portable 3rd on the big screen!!!!

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #363 on: January 04, 2013, 07:13:27 PM »
woooooo just got my pspgo component cable!!! that means monster hunter portable 3rd on the big screen!!!!

Luckyyyyyyyyyy

How long do those cables go? I'd love to have one.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #364 on: January 04, 2013, 07:17:25 PM »
I just beat Retro City Rampage! That game was Nintendo hard.

The other day I finished Chrono Trigger for the first time. It's amazing how that game is able to make you care so much about each character over such a short time. I finally understand what all the hype surrounding this game is about. I'm not so sure about New Game + mode though. There's just no challenge in it. Is it just there for people who only want the story without worrying about challenge and gameplay? I can't get into it.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #365 on: January 04, 2013, 10:12:06 PM »
Luckyyyyyyyyyy

How long do those cables go? I'd love to have one.

Mines 5? foot it looks like. Seems about right. Doesnt really matter with the Go tho cause you can pair a ps3 controller to it

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #366 on: January 05, 2013, 12:57:50 AM »
Mines 5? foot it looks like. Seems about right. Doesnt really matter with the Go tho cause you can pair a ps3 controller to it

They go to five feet? Holy shit buying

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
    • Awards
« Reply #367 on: January 05, 2013, 09:48:08 AM »
I snatched mine up off amazon for 5 bucks. It was on clearance from 20. Picture looks good too

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2013, 09:57:47 AM »
I just beat Retro City Rampage! That game was Nintendo hard.

The other day I finished Chrono Trigger for the first time. It's amazing how that game is able to make you care so much about each character over such a short time. I finally understand what all the hype surrounding this game is about. I'm not so sure about New Game + mode though. There's just no challenge in it. Is it just there for people who only want the story without worrying about challenge and gameplay? I can't get into it.

In new game+, you can beat lavos from the very first encounter with him and see some secret/extra endings. There are 12 endings. Also if you played the DS version, there is a extra final boss, only on new game+ and only on DS, that gives you a 13th ending.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #369 on: January 09, 2013, 08:46:05 AM »
Yeah, I have some component cables for my PSP-3000, it was pretty sweet playing DXC on my plasma (though I haven't tried MosHun yet...).  ;D I wonder if Sony will plan for any TV out accessories for the Vita in the future?

Lately I've been horrible to myself and playing Skyrim. :( Oh the endless hours I will sink into it again while leaving all my new shiny games untouched. Hush little Dishonored, daddy will get to you some day...  :'(

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #370 on: January 09, 2013, 10:46:49 AM »
Nano Assault Neo.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #371 on: January 09, 2013, 11:22:48 AM »
After three days, was finally able to beat Eirin and Kaguya in the Genius of Sappheiros. In order to do that I recruited "secret" character in my party, Byakuren Hijiri, leveled up her from level 1 to level 20, completely changed equipment, skills, abilities of several characters, party members and party formation and ultimately I did it.

The problem with those two bosses, is that Kaguya buffs Eirin's attack and defense and Eirin heals Kaguya and herself for several thousand HP during battle. Even when I was able to defeat Eirin, I didn't have enough MP to use any spells on Kaguya after that, and she slowly killed me. To defeat them, I used Byakuren spell "Control", that allows to take control over enemy character, and used Kaguya's buffs for my party. At the same time I bombarded both bosses with status debuffs of all possible kind. Eventually, that was enough to keep Kaguya under control for 6-7 turns and Eirin didn't try to heal herself for 2000-3000 HP like she usually does. After that I had enough MP to keep Kaguya under debuffs and destroy her.
If bosses of the level 10 were that hard, how hard will be bosses of the next levels...?

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #372 on: January 09, 2013, 11:28:29 AM »
You seem to be having quite a binge with Touhou fangames, are there any MegaTen-styled ones?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: January 09, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »
Been playing back through Resident Evil:The Umbrella Chronicles since my dog kinda spilled tea on my PS3 controller (R.I.P. old friend) & I've just been in a real RE mood since seeing new footage for the fan completion of RE 1.5. Also just wanted to finish leveling up my arsenal & get those last few files I missed on my first time through. 
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #374 on: January 09, 2013, 02:59:17 PM »
Been playing back through Resident Evil:The Umbrella Chronicles since my dog kinda spilled tea on my PS3 controller (R.I.P. old friend) & I've just been in a real RE mood since seeing new footage for the fan completion of RE 1.5. Also just wanted to finish leveling up my arsenal & get those last few files I missed on my first time through.

How good is that game? I've been thinking about buying the Chronicles HD Collection since I very much enjoyed The Darkside Chronicles, but I'd like some opinions about the first game. :3

Tags:

anything