Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 592557 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #420 on: January 30, 2013, 10:26:49 AM »
The game is hilarious, hell, the intro monologue alone was enough to get me to buy it.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #421 on: January 30, 2013, 10:47:03 AM »
"There's no dying in the cave!  Think of the insurance price hike!" -or something along those lines, that line was great.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #422 on: January 30, 2013, 06:14:20 PM »
+1
Street Fighter x Tekken. I've owned it since September 2012 & had NEVER played it until last night at the urging of an online acquaintance...HOLY SHIT, I LOVED IT.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #423 on: January 31, 2013, 01:56:41 AM »
3 days ago, i've bought Mortal Kombat Complete for the ps3 and play it yesterday. All i can say that it's great and i haven't played Mortal Kombat for 15 years....... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #424 on: January 31, 2013, 08:13:16 AM »
 8)

(click to show/hide)

I guess I've also been playing Ragnarok Odyssey for my Vita too...it's like baby's first Monster Hunter set in the Ragnarok Online universe. It's ok, but makes me yearn so badly for Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate. :(

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #425 on: January 31, 2013, 03:36:16 PM »
My latest games were Ys (PC), Maldita Castilla (PC), Street Fighter X Megaman (PC), Bloodrayne: Betrayal (PS3), Grandia III (PS2) and Alundra (PSX).
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #426 on: February 01, 2013, 03:36:38 PM »
I have been playing..... Antichamber.

Indie, arty, Portal-esque, possibly a teeny bit pretentious, and more than a bit brain-melting. Also a 3D Metroidvania. Very, VERY mindfucky. I had to turn off the game to think about some puzzles quite a few times. Still not finished. Very worth it IMO.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/01/31/wot-i-think-antichamber/
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #427 on: February 02, 2013, 02:15:25 PM »
Final Fantasy VII Bootleg Compilation (PC)
the graphics and sound enhancements helps the game, plus the Break 9999 makes grinding fun again.

Brutal Doom (PC)
Most Badass Doom mod as of yet, I recommend finding a co-op map mod so you can hone your skills.

that's it as of late...

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #428 on: February 03, 2013, 05:25:12 PM »

Indie, arty, Portal-esque, possibly a teeny bit pretentious, and more than a bit brain-melting. Also a 3D Metroidvania. Very, VERY mindfucky. I had to turn off the game to think about some puzzles quite a few times. Still not finished. Very worth it IMO.

Just saw some of that on TOtalHalibut's vids. Looks pretty cool. Puzzle games aren't exactly my favorite thing though. It does seem mindfucky, like you said though.

Also just beat Mark of the Ninja. Very cool game, pity it doesn't have an all powerful ninja suit with all the amenities. On my second run through to get all the seals, and play the "harder" new game plus. I find myself running through it with less watching, but messing up... still fun to get things perfect.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:26:49 PM by Kale »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #429 on: February 03, 2013, 06:41:25 PM »
Street Fighter x Tekken. I've owned it since September 2012 & had NEVER played it until last night at the urging of an online acquaintance...HOLY SHIT, I LOVED IT.

I liked the Tekken characters. They did some interesting things with them.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #430 on: February 03, 2013, 07:16:41 PM »

I'm sure the person who urged you to play this loved it as well and would probably want a rematch with you one day if they fought against you  ;)

Me some blazblue, SFxT, mgs4, and tales of graces f the story is really picking up and all of this on my new ps3  ;D
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #431 on: February 04, 2013, 09:49:40 AM »
Aside from my earlier unmentionable out loud, I've been going through MGS4 again. A) achievements nao! B) Big Boss EXTREME C) MGR comes out in a couple weeks! D) My main computer monitor died so PC gaming is on hiatus until I save up for a new smexy one.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #432 on: February 04, 2013, 10:06:23 AM »

Honestly I'm sure the levels are well designed and everything but that looks like "Eye Strain: the video game" lol.

I just replayed through this little under-appreciated gem which has it's 10th anniversary next month. http://www.gog.com/gamecard/judge_dredd_dredd_vs_death
Short but fun budget FPS which tries to capture some of the humor and artstyle of the original comics. Which is interesting because Judge Dredd, though created in the UK, is kind of a parody and odd celebration of American Fascism.

Dredd's first in-game words are "Bleeding Heart Liberals. Time to dispense some Justice." right before you arrest a bunch of peaceful protestors outside the Hall of Justice. Then after you give them all 10 years for unlawful assembly "In this city justice comes at a price, that price is freedom!"
There's something to be said for a game that encourages you to arrest everyone you can for charges like "Owning a goldfish without a license."
Plus the law meter mechanic* adds some depth to the straightforward shooting, and the primitive ragdoll effects are hi-larious.

*Don't shoot civilians or other Judges or it's game over, increase your lawmeter by making as many arrests instead of kills as you can to achieve a high rank and get more unlockables at the end of the level.
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death (The Best Game Ever)
Don't watch past about 2 minutes if you're interested in the game as it spoils the ending. Also some of the technical problems are exaggerated for comic effect. I've never had trouble opening a door that is supposed to open in the game for example.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:16:35 AM by Ratty »

Offline PHBelmont

• Hunter in Training
  • Simon Belmont Forever
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based.
    • My Youtube Channel (VGM)
    • Awards
« Reply #433 on: February 06, 2013, 08:40:20 AM »
I never get tired of playing Doom, haha. But now i was trying to do something new, so i was playing SCIV in the second lap without power ups and sub-weapons. That made me angry again as before and enjoy the game a little more.  :P
My Youtube Channel! SNES Style Remixes and MORE.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrPatoHerrera12

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #434 on: February 06, 2013, 09:17:08 AM »
I'm playing through Lufia 2, new game+.
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything